we need more than a single planet

Old February 9th 20, 01:18 PM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

Default we need more than a single planet

www.asps.it/prooooot.htm
Old February 9th 20, 04:31 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Alain Fournier[_3_]

On Feb/9/2020 at 07:18, wrote :

www.asps.it/prooooot.htm

Adding one, or more, habitable planets just delays the problem. The way
we are growing resource utilisation ultimately we will be using too much
resources for what is available. It is better to start using the
resources we have in a sensible way than adding new planets.

Il 9 febbraio 2020 alle 07:18, ha scritto :

www.asps.it/prooooot.htm

L'aggiunta di uno o più pianeti abitabili fa che ritardare il problema.
In modo in cui stiamo aumentando l'utilizzo delle risorse alla fine
useremo troppe risorse per ciò che è disponibile. È meglio iniziare
usando le risorse che abbiamo in modo ragionevole piuttosto che
aggiungere nuovi pianeti.

Alain Fournier
Old February 9th 20, 06:05 PM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

Il giorno domenica 9 febbraio 2020 16:31:08 UTC+1, Alain Fournier ha scritto:
On Feb/9/2020 at 07:18, wrote :

www.asps.it/prooooot.htm

Adding one, or more, habitable planets just delays the problem. The way
we are growing resource utilisation ultimately we will be using too much
resources for what is available. It is better to start using the
resources we have in a sensible way than adding new planets.

it seems to me that you starts from an unproven principle in the history of humanity: that humanity in its entirety is capable of shared political choices

Old February 9th 20, 06:39 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Alain Fournier[_3_]

wrote :

www.asps.it/prooooot.htm

Adding one, or more, habitable planets just delays the problem. The way
we are growing resource utilisation ultimately we will be using too much
resources for what is available. It is better to start using the
resources we have in a sensible way than adding new planets.

it seems to me that you starts from an unproven principle in the history of humanity: that humanity in its entirety is capable of shared political choices

I'm not saying that humanity is capable to do it. Only that if humanity
doesn't stop increasing resource utilisation the way it is now doing it,
we are going to run into a major problem. If you add a new planet you
can delay the problem a few years, if you add one hundred planets you
might delay it for maybe a century. In any case, if we continue on this
path, major problems are coming in the not too distant future.
Colonising new planets doesn't change much in this respect.

Alain Fournier
Old February 9th 20, 07:23 PM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

[...]

America is the result of European colonialism. Had this not been the case, World War I and II would have had different conclusions.
As said Lao Tze: what is beautiful is not true, what is true is not beautiful
Old February 10th 20, 01:44 AM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

On 2020-02-09 10:31, Alain Fournier wrote:

Adding one, or more, habitable planets just delays the problem.

Similar to climate change where the Paris accord set what are
essentially per capita CO2 emissions targets, there needs to be a
standard, sustainable number of people per habitable land.

In a world where the economy is structured to rely on growth, this is
currently impossible because imposing limit on emissions or population
will stop growth. So the "capitalist" world needs to re-invent itself
to have ecnomic success without growth. Same with financing of debt
which often runs on the hope a company will grow and this make its debt
smaller relative to its size.

Current democracy is flawed because it lacks "big picture" abilities to
take strong action that saves the planet but hurts voters.

We just need more population decline:

"The conventional projection by the UN is that world population, currently 7.7
billion, will increase to 11.2 billion in 2100, then stabilise before slowly
declining. However, current trends cast much doubt on this picture. Fertility
rates are in dramatic decline worldwide and world population may peak below nine
billion by 2050 and then decline."

See:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/scie...tter-1.3808527

Old February 10th 20, 02:08 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Alain Fournier[_3_]

On 2020-02-09 10:31, Alain Fournier wrote:

Adding one, or more, habitable planets just delays the problem.

Similar to climate change where the Paris accord set what are
essentially per capita CO2 emissions targets, there needs to be a
standard, sustainable number of people per habitable land.

In a world where the economy is structured to rely on growth, this is
currently impossible because imposing limit on emissions or population
will stop growth.

I disagree. Building electric trains doesn't produce less growth than
building coal fired steam trains. Building solar power stations doesn't
produce less growth than coal fired power stations. It is possible to
have growth while being less destructive.

Alain Fournier
Old February 10th 20, 07:51 AM posted to sci.space.policy
William Elliot[_4_]

On Sun, 9 Feb 2020, Alain Fournier wrote:
On Feb/9/2020 at 07:18, wrote :
www.asps.it/prooooot.htm

Adding one, or more, habitable planets just delays the problem. The
way we are growing resource utilisation ultimately we will be using
too much resources for what is available. It is better to start using
the resources we have in a sensible way than adding new planets.

Total fantasy.
We can't even get to mars before we've ruin Earth.
Old February 10th 20, 10:41 AM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

On 2020-02-09 10:31, Alain Fournier wrote:

Adding one, or more, habitable planets just delays the problem.

Similar to climate change where the Paris accord set what are
essentially per capita CO2 emissions targets, there needs to be a
standard, sustainable number of people per habitable land.

In a world where the economy is structured to rely on growth, this is
currently impossible because imposing limit on emissions or population
will stop growth.

I disagree. Building electric trains doesn't produce less growth than
building coal fired steam trains. Building solar power stations doesn't
produce less growth than coal fired power stations. It is possible to
have growth while being less destructive.

Alain Fournier

The violation of the principle of action and reaction necessarily involves the redefinition of the I and II principle of dynamics ... ..
inertia law is no longer a uniform rectilinear motion and F = m*a it is no longer the same.

What do I mean? That you can get out of Newtonian mechanics and build other spaceships that reach the rocky planets light years away.

Spaceships that need kilopower nuclear reactors.
But first I have to defend the F432 patent and demonstrate the PNN to a NASA that is deaf and wastes time with missiles.
Who among you can contact one of NASA who comes to see PNN tests?

Unfortunately, the PNN is incredible, but it's another world

tired of being single? 8d1 peter_ Misc 0 September 16th 06 08:50 AM
Single Stages That Could Go All The Way Charles Talleyrand Technology 4 March 15th 06 08:43 PM
Machholz and single malt Joe S. Amateur Astronomy 23 December 22nd 04 09:59 PM
reading a single value Nico Vermaas FITS 1 July 28th 03 07:14 PM
Reading a single value Nico Vermaas FITS 1 July 21st 03 06:54 AM