Our Universe Has Trillions of Galaxies, Hubble Study | Video

Old October 13th 16, 10:37 PM posted to sci.astro
JEMM

Default Our Universe Has Trillions of Galaxies, Hubble Study | Video

A new study using the Hubble Space Telescope and other telescopes has
increased estimates of galaxies in the Universe ten fold. It was
previously estimated that there was 100 billion galaxies in the
observable Universe.

http://www.space.com/34378-our-unive...udy-video.html

--
Eduardo
Sorocaba SP Brasil

"Barriga cheia, companhia desfeita."
(Portugal)
Old October 14th 16, 11:06 PM posted to sci.astro
Steve Willner

In article ,
JEMM writes:
A new study using the Hubble Space Telescope and other telescopes has
increased estimates of galaxies in the Universe ten fold.

Other summaries of the result are at
http://www.nature.com/news/universe-...hought-1.20809
and
https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...1013111709.htm

The STScI summary is at
http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/arc...leases/2016/39
with links to further information.

A preprint of the scientific article is at
https://arxiv.org/abs/1607.03909

Steve Willner Phone 617-495-7123
Cambridge, MA 02138 USA