Perseids from Chiefland, Florida

Old August 12th 12, 10:41 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Ben[_3_]

Default Perseids from Chiefland, Florida

We set up about 10 30p edt on a sleeping bag with a couple of pillows. My arm was around an old sweetheart from 50 years ago and my other hand was on my .45.
(The .45 was for the mosquitoes) We counted about eighty bright trails until about 3 00a and turned in.
The skies south of Chiefland are so clean and contrasty that you can see the Gulf of Mexico region in the North American Nebula unaided with a little effort and averted vision.
Old August 13th 12, 11:00 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Bill[_9_]

On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 14:41:44 -0700 (PDT), Ben wrote:

We set up about 10 30p edt on a sleeping bag with a couple of pillows. My arm was around an old sweetheart from 50 years ago and my other hand was on my .45.
(The .45 was for the mosquitoes) We counted about eighty bright trails until about 3 00a and turned in.
The skies south of Chiefland are so clean and contrasty that you can see the Gulf of Mexico region in the North American Nebula unaided with a little effort and averted vision.

Nice. The sky was overcast in Michigan or I would have been outside
observing as well.
Bill

--
Email address is a Spam trap.