The Axiom of Simultaneity (was Speed of light)

Old August 10th 12, 06:05 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.astro.amateur,sci.math
Androcles[_80_]

Default The Axiom of Simultaneity (was Speed of light)

"Henry Wilson DSc." wrote in message

On Thu, 9 Aug 2012 17:36:43 -0700 (PDT), Ron-boy
wrote:

On Aug 7, 8:56 pm, papa-r wrote:
(snip)
For sure you have not read the very document you cite. At the end
Einstein writes:

Here are the steps in this story:

A conflict definitely existed at the start - indeed, it was the
*cause* of special relativity.

1. Light's speed through space is constant (fixed) (due to its source
independency).
(this is what Einstein called the law of propagation of light - it
says simply that the absolute speed of light in space is always the
same)

2. Given the truly or absolutely synchronous clocks of classical
physics, light's one-way measured speed will vary with frame velocity.
(Einstein's c - v)

3. Einstein falsely believed that this one-way variance violated the
PR. (but, as I carefully explained, it does not because the GENERAL
law is the SAME for all inertial observers, namely, c ± v.) (this was
Einstein's *perceived* conflict)

4. Therefore, Einstein - in order to "save" the PR - was "forced" to
ABANDON (discard, toss out, trash) the truly synchronous clocks of
classical physics. (Einstein wrote is this way (paraphrased from
above): "If we discard absolute time, then the conflict can be
removed.") (Einstein then had to replace true clocks with his
asynchronous clocks - differently asynchronous in each frame in order
to yield "c" in each frame.)

5. However, there was never any conflict with the PR, so there was
never any need to toss out truly synchronous clocks.

It borders on insanity to toss out truly synchronous clocks, and to
deliberately replace them with asynchronous ones.

SR, what a concept!

No need for all this.....
The error lies in the early part of Einstein's 1905 paper, where he
initially provides a definition of clock synchronization and then uses it to
develop his relativity of simultaneity theory.

No need for all that,
the Axiom of Simultaneity (copyright Lord Androcles 2000) is
"A meets B when B meet A",
whether A and B are massive bodies or photons or light signals
or bright green flying elephant's eggs in the Easter Bunny's nest.
It is manifestly impossible for B to meet A before or after A meets B.
Lemma I:
Let A meet B at C, then by the Axiom of Simultaneity (which you,
Daisy Rabbidge, have my permission to quote but Dork does not
because I reserve copyright)
A meets C at B, B meets A at C, B meets C at A,
C meets B at A and C meets A at B.

Let A and B be twins and C be a sundial on Earth.
Due to time dilation A meets C at dawn (where dawn is defined as
the sun's rays meeting the sundial and casting a shadow), B meets C
at noon (similarly defined ) and A does not meet B at C in violation
of the Axiom of Simultaneity (copyright Lord Androcles 2000) .

The AoS (copyright Lord Androcles 2000) takes precedence over any
imagined RoS and is the basis of Newton's absolute time, which
Newton overlooked, which is surprising for a great mathematician.

I, Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway, have amended Newton.
Where is my Fields Medal?
(You can keep any Nobel crap).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fields_Medal

The Fields Medal, officially known as International Medal for Outstanding
Discoveries in Mathematics, is a prize awarded to two, three, or four
mathematicians not over 40 years of age at each International Congress of
the International Mathematical Union (IMU), a meeting that takes place every
four years.

Oh wait, I'm over 40 years of age... I'll have to time dilate myself to get
it.
Looks like I'm **** out of luck again, I just proved I can't. I'll have to
glory
in my self-awarded title instead. Like Usain Bolt, I am the greatest!
-- Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway

Old August 10th 12, 07:13 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

You may be interested to know that simultaneity is only relative -
only subject to opinion depending on one's frame of reference - in the
Special Theory of Relativity (and the General one too, for that
matter) for things that are not in the same place.

When two events take place at the same location, simultaneity is
unambiguous and fully transitive - and, thus, your "Axiom of
Simultaneity" has been part of Relativity all along and in no way
disproves it.

John Savard
Old August 10th 12, 10:47 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Androcles[_80_]

"Quadibloc" wrote in message

You may be interested to know that simultaneity is only relative
You will probably be uninterested to know you are more stupid than Kelleher
who doesn't read a word of what you say but charges on with his own beliefs.
Naturally I'll do the same to you, you snipping bigot.