Yes Oriel, the Earth does rotate on its axis

Old August 3rd 12, 02:16 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

Default Yes Oriel, the Earth does rotate on its axis

On Aug 2, 4:11*pm, "Androcles" wrote:
If
that isn't autism then give it whatever name you want,

My money's on Alzheimer's, truth be told. Or just more normal
consequences of aging - excessive myelinization of the brain depriving
one of the flexibility to consider new ideas and learn new things.

Autism would clash with his orientation towards seeing the world in a
touchy-feely emotional intuitive way and his rejection of math and
science, I would think.

John Savard
Old August 3rd 12, 02:18 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Aug 2, 1:49*pm, Uncarollo2 wrote:
The lack of any smidgen of logic, the
run-on sentences and poor grammar indicate that Oriel is a computer
program, not a human.

They've improved Parry since I knew him last, if that is the case...

John Savard
Old August 3rd 12, 02:22 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Aug 2, 1:31*pm, oriel36 wrote:

Do you want to pretend the Earth turns to noon in 24 hours in order to
bridge a 3 minute 56 second difference to the return of a star within
a steady progression of 24 hours days within the 365/366 day calendar
system?.

No, we don't. But we thought we would have to do that in order to
adopt the reform to astronomy that _you_ appear to be advocating.

We think that the Equation of Time is precisely the thing that proves
*you* wrong, and that shows that the Earth does have to rotate 366 1/4
times (approximately) in a year instead of 365 1/4 times.

We don't want to dignify a compound motion with recurrent inequalities
with the name "rotation", since dignifying another compound motion
with the name "revolution" is what led to epicycles instead of
Copernicus.

John Savard
Old August 3rd 12, 02:24 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Aug 2, 5:05*pm, "Androcles" wrote:
Fish eye lens distorts the buildings, therefore a contrivance as fish eye
lenses are not used in serious astronomy.

They're not used for a lot of purposes in serious astronomy, where
they would be inappropriate, but they do a bang up job for counting
meteors.

John Savard
Old August 3rd 12, 02:34 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Aug 3, 12:11*am, "Androcles" wrote:
"Skywise" *wrote in ...

"Androcles" wrote :

Autism is a lifelong developmental disability...

I am familiar with the Autistic spectrum.

Just my opinion, but he doesn't strike me as being on the spectrum.

Brian
--

I've been familiar with Kelleher's posts for over 10 years, and yes, he's
abrasive and annoying, but he's simply not capable of understanding

A simple proportion - the number of times the Earth turns daily in
proportion to the number of times it makes a circuit of the Sun or in
dumbed down empirical language,the number of rotations relative to
its orbital circumference and it turns out to the nearest rotation to
be 1461 to 4 circuits which reduces to the unused value of 365 1/4
rotations to 1 circuit.

What I wouldn't give to find the right people who can sit down and
work through the development of the timekeeping systems in order,the
dynamics behind each system and why stellar circumpolar extensions
differ from the AM/PM and Lat/Long systems and constrict information
that show flow easily from planetary dynamics into terrestrial
sciences.

There is no budget for encountering people who simply cannot accept
that when the Earth covers 4 orbital circumferences,it will also have
completed 1461 days/rotations or who can conjure such a monster as
'361 degrees' in order to get themselves out of a jam and a system
that doesn't work and none of the pieces fit together.

I don't look at these comments as personal hostility,I look at them as
a symptom of a disorder like smokers knowing how bad the reasoning is
for continuing to smoke but can't quite seem to adjust to a view
outside their cravings.
Old August 3rd 12, 03:11 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Androcles[_80_]

"Quadibloc" wrote in message

On Aug 2, 5:05 pm, "Androcles" wrote:
Fish eye lens distorts the buildings, therefore a contrivance as fish eye
lenses are not used in serious astronomy.

They're not used for a lot of purposes in serious astronomy, where
they would be inappropriate, but they do a bang up job for counting
meteors.

John Savard
=====================================
Yeah, but superimposing the same meteor on a photograph and calling it
a shower is cheating, and people cheat. Look again, the photograph in
question (which you pointlessly snipped because you are an idiot, so
find it yourself by searching a different message and cut off your own nose
to spite your face) makes all stars short period cepheids. Now bang that up.

Old August 3rd 12, 03:12 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Androcles[_80_]

"Quadibloc" wrote in message

On Aug 2, 1:31 pm, oriel36 wrote:

Do you want to pretend the Earth turns to noon in 24 hours in order to
bridge a 3 minute 56 second difference to the return of a star within
a steady progression of 24 hours days within the 365/366 day calendar
system?.

No, we don't.
===========
Yes we do, Savard.

Old August 3rd 12, 03:30 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Androcles[_80_]

"Quadibloc" wrote in message

On Aug 2, 4:11 pm, "Androcles" wrote:
If
that isn't autism then give it whatever name you want,

My money's on Alzheimer's, truth be told. Or just more normal
consequences of aging - excessive myelinization of the brain depriving
one of the flexibility to consider new ideas and learn new things.

Autism would clash with his orientation towards seeing the world in a
touchy-feely emotional intuitive way and his rejection of math and
science, I would think.

John Savard
====================
Put your money on whatever you want, he's not a troll.
He may not be right, he may not understand, but I still
applaud his ability to challenge your preconceptions and
blind faith in the hucksters that call themselves "theoretical
physicists" or "astrophysicists". You are aging yourself and
you know less the more you think you know. You are no more
capable of learning than he is. Let's face it, you snip in the belief
that you are saving something called "netiquette" or "bandwidth"
or whatever, and that's a complete load of crap forcing the reader
to inspect a different message for references in an age of terrabytes
of disc space and gigabytes of RAM. That makes you the rude troll,
Savard, but you won't change either, truth be told.

Old August 3rd 12, 01:45 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

On Friday, August 3, 2012 4:30:10 AM UTC+2, Andrex wittered:
That makes you the rude troll

And what interpretation shall we put on this foul-mouthed, wannabe's symptoms?

Asperger's? Or, arseburgers? As it is more commonly known in the back streets. Where any excuse will do for a lack of self control. :-)
Old August 3rd 12, 04:21 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Androcles[_80_]

"Chris.B" wrote in message
Anything else I can snip for you, my groupie ****wit?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groupie