4th July - Independence Day

Old July 10th 03, 06:33 PM

Default 4th July - Independence Day

On 9 Jul 2003 23:29:54 -0700, (Doogie Hoosier)
wrote:

wrote in message . ..
No, Litle Doggy...why don't you learn the history of the Spanish
Armada and the Moors on the Iberian Peninsula and such before opening
your mouth, you ignorant, yapping, little puppy.

Cheerio,

Dennis, Very Proud American, Irish

More weak wit from the deliverer of nonsense, untruths, and whines.

Some prior examples of your childish comebacks:

Jeez, Doggy, you little puppy, what's all this about except your
showing all us your anal compulsive side? You must really like what I
post, eh! I'm beginning to wonder about your hormonal proclivities.

Cheerio,

Dennis, Proud American, Irish
________________________
Nov. 4, 2002

That's like spelling "attic" while looking down a pretty woman's
blouse.

Cordially,

Dennis
__________________________________
Nov. 1, 2002

Okay, then Poopball it is!

Cheerio,

Dennis
_________________________
_________________________

In a short time you went from a nice, polite, curious kid who asked
the simplest questions about astronomy like, "What is eye relief" and
"What's a star diagonal" (even though ALL your questions would have
been answered by reading a single beginner's article on amateur
astronomy), to a know-it-all ass who claims he edits a newsletter for
an astronomy club:

_____________________________
Mar. 1, 2002

Will someone please explain to me the advantages and disadvantages of
different telescope focal lengths? I have a 80mm that's rated as f/5,
and have been told it's a "fast" scope. What does that mean? I read
references on this ng of scopes that have focal lengths of f/10, f/14,
etc. How are they, and others, different in performance to my f/5?

Thanks for the help.

Cordially,

Dennis
________________________
Aug. 27, 2002

I'll appreciate anyone explaining the difference between an SCT and a
Mak.

Thanks.

Dennis
___________________________
Sept. 28, 2000

Will someone explain to me why sideral time is different from solar
time..I think that's what I mean...it's very confusing to me why the
earth rotates on its axis every 24 hrs, but the stars rise earlier (or
later, which is it?) every day.

Thanks.

Cordially

Dennis
_________________________________
Mar. 10, 2000

Will someone please give me a layman's definition of eye relief?

Thanks.

Cordially,

Dennis
____________________________________
Feb.--2000

I'm new to all this; is there an on-line dictionary or glossary of
astronomy terms available?

I just read about eye relief in eyepieces, but don't know what it
means. Any help?

Thanks.

Dennis
Mar. 16, 2002

O.K., I'm new at all this...will someone please explain the term
"double double"?

Thanks.

Cordially,

Dennis
_______________________________
Aug. 6, 2000

Will someone please tell me where I may find Epsilon Eridani?

Thanks.

Cordially,

Dennis
_________________________________
Feb. 28, 2000

Well, damn...I got one of those; I just didn't know it was called a
"STAR" diagonal...

boy, am I ever learning this stuff now...

Thanks.

Cordially,

Dennis
________________________________
Mar. 11, 2000

Maybe I need to be more precise...what does APO mean?

Thanks.

Cordially,

Dennis
_______________________________
__[But Dennis has been doing the job for some time (three years)]
Nov. 1, 2002

I RESIST such blandishments, and urge all to DESIST in their attempts
to ASSIST me in selecting a proper title for this feature. BTW,I've
done the newsletter for more than three yers, this was just to be a
new feature.

Cheerio,

Dennis
_______________________________
_______________________________

When did little Dennie change from bright-eyed curious polite little
boy to the ass who thinks he knows it all? I'm not sure, but I'd
guess it was when he went from "Cordially" to "Cheerio."
_______________________________
_______________________________

And when really upset, you've been known to whine like a baby:

Nov. 4, 2002

Okay, everyone, I surrender…I yield.

When it comes to posting insulting messages to this NG, #### is the
most insulting. When it comes to posting churlish messages showing off
knowing some tiniest bit of astronomy esoterica, #### is the biggest
show off.

I admit it; when it comes to demonstrating impotent rage on the
Internet, #### is totally impotent. When it comes to childishly
spewing ad hominem attacks on someone he has never met, #### is
completely childish.

Remember, I merely requested some information from this NG for a
light-hearted little feature I was thinking of running in a small
astronomy group's newsletter; I would have shared your anecdotes,
experiences, and exasperations with my merry little band of friendly
amateurs. Look at how my simple request has been maligned and
derogated. Too bad; something I never wanted.

Cheerio

Dennis (Celtic for a Greek/Roman God)--------[who cares?]
___________________________________
___________________________________

With confidence, the questions were gone, to be replaced with insults:

Oct. 9, 2001 [from Dennis to Mike Richmann]

Mikey, Mikey, Mikey; you are so-o-o easy, it's just no fun anymore.

Dennis

[At least "Mikey" knows something about astronomy.]
_____________________________________

Oct. 31, 2002

Jeez, Curt baby, you are a pretentious little twerp, aren't you!

Cheerio

Dennis
_____________________
Nov. 1, 2002

See what I mean about your pretentiousness and pomposity!! Why would
you assume I wouldn't use my real name? Remember what your third grade
teacher told you (last semester); never assume, it makes an "Ass of U
and you."

Cheerio,

Dennis
_______________________
Nov. 1, 2002

Ah ha; so you've noticed I do not suffer boring fools gladly! You are
becoming boring; go away, go far away, and do not soil our earth
again.

Cheerio,

Dennis
_________________________
_________________________

So Dennie, why don't you do us all a favor and see if you can try and
change back into the nice little kid you once were, or is the stress
of editing that news letter just too much for you?

Cheerio, Grape Nut, and Captain Crunch,

Doug Hosey (Lives on a farm, knows how to handle horse ****.)
P.S.

And where did I get all this? I found it one day in my e-mail (but I
added the comments). Apparently this amusing collection has been
e-mailed around the world many times over (there's much more than I've
reproduced here).

You're such a popular guy. Now go drink a beer (if you're old enough)
and try to settle down. Being so upset is not good for your blood
pressure. You brought this on yourself.