A game for oriel36 et al to play

Old December 2nd 10, 10:25 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

Default A game for oriel36 et al to play

On Dec 2, 9:37*am, oriel36 wrote:

You want your extra 366 1/4 rotation,not by observation...

Wrong, it absolutely via observation, which is why your argument is,
well, the actual error.

To you, astronomy is a matter of faith, which happens to work the same
as how your religious belief works. This means that you can choose not
to believe any experimental evidence, which you do several times every
day. Therefore, to you any 'empirical evidence', observations and
experimental results, are deemed to be irrelevant.

\Paul A
Old December 2nd 10, 10:50 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Dec 2, 9:21*pm, Sam Wormley wrote:
On 12/2/10 3:02 PM, oriel36 wrote:

Do you understand what the calendar convenience does by grouping the
arithmetical sequence of 1461 days and rotations in a format of 365
and 366 days/rotations ,this is seen *in any footage of the Earth from
space,in this case,the 28/29 May 2009 -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxrIMHKobk0

You want your star to return 3 minutes 56 seconds earlier each and
ever night as days and dates within the calendar system and it answers
itself but ,like many phony doctorates here ,you can't get to grips
with the fact that the arithmetical progression of steady 24 hour days
and steady rotation of the Earth is independent of its orbital motion
so that a Feb 29th day/night cycle and 24 hour rotation shows the
return of a star to tag along within the calendar system.There are no
366 1/4 rotations in 365 1/4 days unless you want to completely drive
yourself insane and dispute what the Feb 29th day/night does not mesh
with 24 hours of rotation and does not reflect 365 1/4 days and
rotation in an orbital circuit.

The thoughts of people like you influencing students is repulsive and
I never thought I would think that,you want your 366 1/4 days but
cannot apply it to cause and effect as we experience day and night
through the rotation of the Earth.Maybe it is not
fraud,incompetence,corruption or some other acceptable excuse for what
you and your colleagues do or don'd do,but in the 21st century having
to battle for the cause and effect of day/night and find nothing but
hostility is a living nightmare.

Bad,bad people who

* *But what about the laser gyro? The gyro measures 366.24+ earth
* *rotations per astronomical year no matter what your reasoning!
* *How do you deal with that, Gerald?

You are not arguing for 366 1/4 rotations in a year,you are arguing
against the cause and effect of the day/night cycle which happens to
be daily rotation and that is remarkable for all the wrong reasons as
it means that the links between science and intelligence becomes
fiction.

You won't touch the Feb 29th day/night cycle and 24 hour rotation as
you already stated it is not part of what you teach and as you have
not retracted your clear statement on the matter,I accept that you
speak for all the other doctorates here -

Gerald, you are taking about day night cycles.
I am writing about earth rotations. Do you not have the foggiest
notion that they are technically (thus astronomically) different?

It is satisfying to see the orbital daylight/darkness cycle now enter
the world as an accepted fact and the orbital cause behind it,it
originated in this forum as a means to explain the observation that
natural noon cycles vary as a combined effect of daily and orbital
motions as independent of each other,the fact that readers now throw
it back at me as an assertion is strange as they are only travelling a
track I laid down.That the merit system is dysfunctional to a degree
where this can happen hardly matters given the sheer disrespect shown
to the great astronomers and their insights but regardless,the insight
stands and that is all that matters.

Old December 2nd 10, 11:05 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Dec 2, 9:56*pm, Sam Wormley wrote:
On 12/2/10 3:50 PM, oriel36 wrote:

You are not arguing for 366 1/4 rotations in a year,you are arguing
against the cause and effect of the day/night cycle which happens to
be daily rotation and that is remarkable for all the wrong reasons as
it means that the links between science and intelligence becomes
fiction.

* *But what about the laser gyro? The gyro measures 366.24+ earth
* *rotations per astronomical year no matter what your reasoning!
* *How do you deal with that, Gerald?

365 1/4 rotations in 365 1/4 days with Feb 29th rotation corresponding
to a 24 hour day/night cycle,I could also state the temperature rises
and falls as a reaction to the Earth entering and exiting the circle
of illumination and that happens 1461 times between Mar 1st 2008 and
Feb 29th 2012 hence the correspondence between 365 1/4 days and
rotations and 1 year.

Go ahead and live your life out in ignominy,that I had offered a way
out for Ra/Dec observing as a calendar convenience demonstrates that
none of you deserve the title of men much less the title of
astronomers.Your open statement here without objection is noteworthy
by all accounts and for that I thank you,it devalues an astronomical
doctorate to nothing but you already know that -

Gerald, you are taking about day night cycles.
I am writing about earth rotations. Do you not have the foggiest
notion that they are technically (thus astronomically) different?

And there I leave it.

Old December 3rd 10, 02:06 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Dec 2, 2:05*pm, oriel36 wrote:

And there I leave it.

Promises, promises...

Old December 3rd 10, 08:58 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

Default A game for palsing et al to play

Oh, the exquisite irony! Two feckwits in one thread. Both claiming to
be Napoleon!

You'll just have to fight it out over who wears the funny hat on Feb
39th on leap years.
Old December 3rd 10, 04:39 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Dec 2, 11:30*pm, "Androcles"
wrote:

Your definition of simultaneity is a special relativity case where c =
infinity,
not anything remotely connected with Nature.

No, it is not, bird-brain. Einstein states in his definition that if
the TIME for light to travel from one clock to the other is equal in
both directions, the the locks are synchronous. Clearly he didn't
believe that c = infinity.

Somehow, I knew you were going to be a poor loser, a would attempt to
put a feeble spin on your defeat.

I'm going to treat this conversation exactly like my dog would, just
**** on it and walk away...
Old January 30th 15, 09:30 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Saturday, November 27, 2010 at 12:15:42 PM UTC, oriel36 wrote:
On Nov 27, 11:37*am, badastrobuster wrote:
On Nov 27, 10:58*am, oriel36 wrote:

NOW FAILED SIX TIMES - I WILL TRY AGAIN

You are not failing,you are succeeding and making everyone else
succeed with you so keep trying,you have another 1455 times to go to
show you can count the arithmetical string of rotations and days which
make up the calendar system stretching from Mar 1st 2008 until Feb
29th 2012 or 365 1/4 rotations/days per orbital cycle.

It is no big deal that this guy here sets up a game for me and everyone else, doesn't have to play himself and still loses so like many just fade into irrelevance notwithstanding that they had little to bring to the forum anyway. I thought it was funny and a bit of an indulgence on my part but that's just me and no further comment is necessary now or in future.

I have seen it once where a sea eagle was mobbed by a crow where the eagle just circled higher and higher until the crow couldn't follow and then plunged spectacularly so this guy is useful as a cautionary tale. Then again such are the joys of the unmoderated Usenet and I have nothing to say against this practice.