Why is Andromeda and Milky Way Coming together?

Old November 30th 07, 06:43 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default Why is Andromeda and Milky Way Coming together?

We know the space between galaxies is expanding,and yet Andromeda are
closest galaxy is moving towards us. Well my concave & convex space
theory answers that as those that read my posts know. It is Doppler
information that gave me the idea to form a theory to explain this,and
why the universe is expanding at an accelerating rate Well you all
know I don't like to brag(oh ya) my space curving theory has been very
well excepted(good email),and I think Double-A likes it too. Bert

Old December 1st 07, 04:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius Painius is offline
Banned

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote...
in message ...

We know the space between galaxies is expanding,and yet Andromeda are
closest galaxy is moving towards us. Well my concave & convex space
theory answers that as those that read my posts know. It is Doppler
information that gave me the idea to form a theory to explain this,and
why the universe is expanding at an accelerating rate Well you all
know I don't like to brag(oh ya) my space curving theory has been very
well excepted(good email),and I think Double-A likes it too. Bert

Bert, if we were to take a Doppler/Fizeau between
Earth and Sun, it would come up "blue". So my own
thought is that either our Milky Way galaxy is going
around and around the Andromeda, OR both the MW
and the Androm. are revolving around a common
barycenter. Since the Pinwheel, aka Triangulum is
also a fairly large spiral galaxy and pretty near to the
Andromeda galaxy, it too is probably involved. And
all three galaxies are orbiting a common center of
gravity here in the Local Group.

This would account for the blue shift of Andromeda,
which might someday turn red depending upon our
actual relative position in our orbit around the MW
center.

What do you think?

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine

P.S. Here are some secret sites... shhh
http://painellsworth.net
http://savethechildren.org/
http://home.secretsgolden.com

Old December 1st 07, 11:26 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Painius I know Adromeda's spin is in our line of view. One side has
light coming from stars moving towards us(blue),and the other side
moving away(red) and I really don't know how astronomers measure that
distance getting smaller and smaller,until in about 2 million years we
will emerge with Adronema. Stars will not collide,but both have black
hole cores,and that might be tricky. It might be the reason for gamma
ray burst that are fairly frequent Bert

Old December 2nd 07, 02:37 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Uno

Our solar system rotates center of black hole of our milky way in circle. We
will be away from stars on half of the orbit and will be toward to stars on
another half of the orbit. Some stars may move away from us but we may move
toward them in the orbit.

Old December 2nd 07, 08:01 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Zyp

Uno wrote:
Our solar system rotates center of black hole of our milky way in
circle. We will be away from stars on half of the orbit and will be
toward to stars on another half of the orbit. Some stars may move
away from us but we may move toward them in the orbit.

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
Painius I know Adromeda's spin is in our line of view. One side has
light coming from stars moving towards us(blue),and the other side
moving away(red) and I really don't know how astronomers measure that
distance getting smaller and smaller,until in about 2 million years
we will emerge with Adronema. Stars will not collide,but both have
black hole cores,and that might be tricky. It might be the reason
for gamma ray burst that are fairly frequent Bert

What I want to know is;

If the universe is "ever expanding" then that would have to imply that there
was a beginning. No? If there was a beginning, then what was / is it
before the beginning?

I on the other hand think is a circle. No beginning, no ending, just a
continuous circle?

Straighten me out.

--
Zyp

Old December 2nd 07, 11:44 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius Painius is offline
Banned

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
Painius I know Adromeda's spin is in our line of view. One side has
light coming from stars moving towards us(blue),and the other side
moving away(red) and I really don't know how astronomers measure that
distance getting smaller and smaller,until in about 2 million years we
will emerge with Adronema. Stars will not collide,but both have black
hole cores,and that might be tricky. It might be the reason for gamma
ray burst that are fairly frequent Bert

Bert, Bert, Bert, Bert, Bert! Can't you see just how
almost impossible this is? You cannot automatically
*assume* that our galaxies will merge just based on
the blue shift! The blue shift ONLY gives you the...

radial direction of movement,

that is the direction in a straight line between our
galaxies. And this is where everybody seems to
leave it. What about the...

LATERAL (side-to-side) direction of movement?

Our science and technology is not yet to the point
where we can measure even a slight movement of
the Andromeda galaxy from side-to-side at that
great distance. So nobody really knows which
direction Andromeda is actually moving, just that
it is coming in our GENERAL direction. It will most
likely miss us completely by millions and millions
of light years! And there's no way of telling. But
the chances of Andromeda heading in our specific
direction, straight toward us, are so close to ZERO
that they may as well *be* zero!

It seems more likely that, as all the galaxies of our
Local Group head in the general direction of the
center of the Virgo supercluster, (that's what the
astronomers say, anyhow. Personally I think that
our Local Group is just revolving around the center
of Virgo.) the Local Group of galaxies are all going
around a common center of gravity, slowly spinning
around each other as together they slowly spin
around the center of the supercluster.

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

Old December 2nd 07, 12:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius Painius is offline
Banned

"Zyp" wrote in message
Uno wrote:
[...]

Well, Zyp, first off the FAQ is a good place for you to
start. It's fascinating reading!...

http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~wright/cosmology_faq.html

Next, here in alt.astronomy, where many posters try to
make sense of existing science theories and who like to
consider the many possibilities of "cutting edge" science,
we are more interested in hearing people's ideas than in
trying to "straighten them out".

So when you say "a circle", what do you think is on the
outside (and the inside) of this circle?

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

Old December 2nd 07, 12:20 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Painius Nice post by you. Its thoughtful,and I agree with it. Its the
imperial thinkers that tell me that our Milky way and Andromeda are
coming together. Like you I still feel they have to show measurements
proving this. Go figure Bert

Old December 2nd 07, 12:27 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Uno The shape of the universe is negatively curved(like a saddle) and
that gives the shape I need to fit with my "Concave & Convex" theory
Think about it Bert

Old December 2nd 07, 05:28 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius Painius is offline
Banned

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote...
in message ...

Painius Nice post by you. Its thoughtful,and I agree with it. Its the
imperial thinkers that tell me that our Milky way and Andromeda are
coming together. Like you I still feel they have to show measurements
proving this. Go figure Bert

Thank you, Bert. It's a trick, though. At least i
find it easier to believe that astronomers are using
it as a device to WOW people into thinking that
such a collision will happen someday, rather than
to believe that they haven't really considered the
unmeasurable lateral movement of the far away
Andromeda galaxy.

Andromeda could actually be moving at an angle
nearly 90 degrees to the straight line between the
two galaxies. And this near-90-degree angle can
be to the left, the right, up, down, and every
direction in between. So as i said, the chances of
Andromeda coming directly toward us is, for all
intents and purposes, nil.

happy days and...
starry starry nights!