OT Hollerback Girl

Old July 11th 05, 12:42 PM
ulian Bordas

Default OT Hollerback Girl

Gwen Stephanies new song so what the F*ck is a Holller back girl?

Julian
Old July 11th 05, 04:25 PM
OM

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:42:17 +1000, ulian Bordas
wrote:

Gwen Stephanies new song so what the F*ck is a Holller back girl?

....Oh *thanks* Julian. You brought -that- goddamn song and the thing
that sings it up. Just what my ulcer needed.

....A "holler back girl" is an Ebonic slang term for someone who gets
involved in a verbal arguement, usually consisting of epithets,
insults, and references to one's ancestry and/or sexual preference,
with the latter two sometimes being combined. The song is essentially
about one cheerleader making it clear to another one that she will not
mince words, and will simply beat the living **** out of her.

....That being said, it's one of the most annoying songs Gwen Stefani's
come out with in her career, and with her lack of vocal talents which
require her to whine through her nose - she does *NOT* sing, period -
everything she's put to vinyl/tape/CD is nothing -but- annoying. When
"Don't Speak" came out and got totally overplayed at Chinese Water
Torture levels, I prayed to pretty much every diety I could think of
that she'd practice what she preached. Since then, I've prayed to
those same deities that I'll be given the chance to bash her nose in
hard enough to permanently prevent her from singing through it ever
again.

If Gilda Radner were alive today, she could make a new career doing
Stefani nasaling impressions. The dink makes Baba Wawa sound
articulate...

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old July 11th 05, 06:16 PM

...A "holler back girl" is an Ebonic slang term for someone who gets
involved in a verbal arguement, usually consisting of epithets,
insults, and references to one's ancestry and/or sexual preference,
with the latter two sometimes being combined.

Ah. Usenet postings, in other words.

Old July 12th 05, 04:25 AM
Ian

My understanding is that a "holler back girl" is someone who joins the
cheerleaders and simply isn't very good at it. Rather than playing a major
role in proceedings, they are relegated to just stand in the "back" and
"holler".

As I understand it, the message is "be good at what you do".

-- Ian

Disclaimer: I am not now, nor have ever been, a cheerleader.

"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote
in message ...
...A "holler back girl" is an Ebonic slang term for someone who gets
involved in a verbal arguement, usually consisting of epithets,
insults, and references to one's ancestry and/or sexual preference,
with the latter two sometimes being combined. The song is essentially
about one cheerleader making it clear to another one that she will not
mince words, and will simply beat the living **** out of her.

[snip]

Old July 12th 05, 05:27 AM
Scott Lowther

Ian wrote:

My understanding is that a "holler back girl" is someone who joins the
cheerleaders and simply isn't very good at it. Rather than playing a major
role in proceedings, they are relegated to just stand in the "back" and
"holler".

As I understand it, the message is "be good at what you do".

Hollaback Girl

by Gwen Stefani

Uh huh, this my ****
All the girls stomp your feet like this

A few times I've been around that track
So it's not just gonna happen like that
Cause I ain't no hollaback girl
I ain't no hollaback girl
[2x]

Oooh, this my **** , this my **** [4x]

I heard that you were talking
And you didn't think that I would hear it
People hear you talking like that, getting everybody fired up
So I'm ready to attack, gonna lead the pack
Gonna get a touchdown, gonna take you out
That's right, put your pom-poms down, getting everybody fired up

A few times I've been around that track
So it's not just gonna happen like that
Cause I ain't no hollaback girl
I ain't no hollaback girl
[2x]

Oooh, this my **** , this my **** [4x]

So that's right dude, meet me at the bleachers
No principals, no student-teachers
Both of us want to be the winner, but there can only be one
So I'm gonna fight, gonna give it my all
Gonna make you fall, gonna sock it to you
That's right, I'm the last one standing, another one bites the dust

A few times I've been around that track
So it's not just gonna happen like that
Cause I ain't no hollaback girl
I ain't no hollaback girl
[2x]

Oooh, this my **** , this my **** 4x]

Let me hear you say, this **** is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S
this **** is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S
Again, this **** is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S
This **** is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S

A few times I've been around that track
So it's not just gonna happen like that
Cause I ain't no hollaback girl
I ain't no hollaback girl
[2x]

Oooh, this my **** , this my **** [4x]

If there's a "message" in there, it evades me.

--
"The only thing that galls me about someone burning the American flag is how unoriginal it is. I mean if you're going to pull the Freedom-of-speech card, don't be a hack, come up with something interesting. Fashion Old Glory into a wisecracking puppet and blister the system with a scathing ventriloquism act, or better yet, drape the flag over your head and desecrate it with a large caliber bullet hole." Dennis Miller
Old July 12th 05, 06:04 AM
Neil Gerace

She ****s bananas?

Old July 12th 05, 06:58 AM
Joe Delphi

"Neil Gerace" wrote in message
"Scott Lowther" wrote in message
If there's a "message" in there, it evades me.

She ****s bananas?

No you've got it all wrong - the message is that she ****s bananas under the
bleachers.

JD

Old July 12th 05, 07:18 AM
OM

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 04:27:46 GMT, Scott Lowther
wrote:

So that's right dude, meet me at the bleachers
No principals, no student-teachers
Both of us want to be the winner, but there can only be one
So I'm gonna fight, gonna give it my all
Gonna make you fall, gonna sock it to you
That's right, I'm the last one standing, another one bites the dust

....According to the girls who are just out of high school I talked to
about this, this is a song about two cheerleaders(*) coming to blows.
Fisticuffs, that is. It's *not* about anything other than that, and
despite what the Princess of the Deviated Septum may claim, her fans -
and those forced to listen to her lack of talent - aren't interpreting
the meaning as anything other than.

(*) There are those who have noted that Stefani tends to switch
genders a bit in the lyrics. Go figure.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old July 12th 05, 07:19 AM
OM

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 13:25:37 +1000, "Ian"
wrote:

Disclaimer: I am not now, nor have ever been, a cheerleader.

....Good for you. Otherwise, we'd have to hang you by your feet until
the blonde rushes back to your head.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old July 12th 05, 08:05 AM
Dale

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:25:14 -0500, OM
om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote:

When "Don't Speak" came out and got totally overplayed at Chinese
Water Torture levels, I prayed to pretty much every diety I could think of
that she'd practice what she preached.

That song cracks me up. It's like their magnum opus- and they threw in
everything but the kitchen sink. That being said, if it hadn't been played to
death it wouldn't have been so bad. And she's done some OK songs-
"Walking Into Spiderwebs" was cute, but still overplayed. But sheesh,
they were doing those songs for years before they finally hit the big time.
I bet Gwen and The Boys are more sick of them than anybody...

OK, OM- if you had to choose between Gwen Stefani, Judy Tenuda and
burning in Hell for an eternity, what would you do?

Dale