Review of TMB optical Monocentric eyepieces

Old June 26th 04, 12:43 AM
lightshow

Default Review of TMB optical Monocentric eyepieces

Jan Owen wrote:

This discussion at SAA shows little of the whole story. Just snippets.
For those who want to get a better understanding of what really happened,
albeit a little one sided, or wonder where Markus has been, I suggest you
tune in to the TMB Yahoo group.

This topic has been "discussed" at GREAT length, ad nauseum, perhaps, and
reacted to, over-reacted to, and every other possible permutation from
everyone, including, as one would expect if it were here on SAA, a lot of
folks who have NO clue what they are talking about, but just thought they
had to say SOMETHING, or pass THEIR judgment...

Regardless of where one stands, it's a sad story... But one which will
not be well understood without visiting that Yahoo Group...

I agree completely Jan, but your suggestion will require registration
with Yahoo, etc........ Those who REALLY want to know "wazup",should do
so....

It seems to me that S.& T. should now emulate "Consumer Reports" review
policies: There seems to be nothing wrong with credibility.

jon

Old June 26th 04, 12:45 AM
Phil Wheeler

Jon Isaacs wrote:
If it had been me (with my 20/20 hindsight) I would have personally tested
the
items before they went out so that I could rest assured that they were at
least
representative of the product as it was designed.

20-20 Hindsight would be to test the entire shipment individually, throw out
the ones that were unacceptable and then randomly choose the samples to be
shipped.

Actually for a company making a quality product that should be 20-20
foresight!

Phil

Old June 26th 04, 01:26 AM
ValeryD

"Markus Ludes" wrote in message news:9a25469da9d72a69ab6eb406dbe79fc0.30545@mygat e.mailgate.org...
Hi Tom

Monos are designed as high end Planetary eyepieces and mostly bought by
experienced planetary observers
who take the time to wait for the best seeing to see the little
diffrence, which is for them not little
but important improvement.
Take a bunch of 4" apos , in which nights you can see a diffrence and in
which not ,
if the diffrence big or small ? Mostly small, but this small is still
the reason to pay more to get 1 photon more to your eye, right ?

Markus

Hi Markus,

I agree with you. Each little improvement in already well developed
thing
be it an eyepiece or a car cost some money and peoples readily pay
them.

But how about this statement? Can you be so kind and comment it?

"For all of these reasons, using the TMB eyepieces for my Saturn
observations makes me feel like I am seeing the planet in a whole new
way, despite the fact that I have been observing it for many years."

Should we trust to such kind of "reviews"?

VD

Old June 26th 04, 02:11 AM
Edward

"ValeryD" wrote in message

Should we trust to such kind of "reviews"?

VD

Colorful reviews are better than no reviews at all...any news on the SPL's?

;^)
Ed T.

Old June 26th 04, 02:45 AM
Ron B[ee]

"ValeryD" wrote in message
But how about this statement? Can you be so kind and comment it?

"For all of these reasons, using the TMB eyepieces for my Saturn
observations makes me feel like I am seeing the planet in a whole new
way, despite the fact that I have been observing it for many years."
VD

If I maybe so bold to suggest for a moment, Valery, that why not do
away with the cloak-and-dagger and post a pointer to the review in
question and let us all read it in its entirety for ourselves, instead of
quoting
a paragraph which could have been easily misinterpreted out of context,
wouldn't you say?

In my opinion, a reviewer always has the right to express his "feelings" in
summarizing his/her review which of course is subjective ;-).

Ron B[ee]