Time Contraction

Old July 14th 10, 02:18 AM posted to sci.astro
bkh99

Default Time Contraction

Time Contraction

Everyone is familiar with Albert Einstein's theory of 'time
dilation'. What would happen if we were to hold up a mirror to the
standard interpretation of the theory of relativity, and both distance
and time were to 'contract' rather than simply dilate. If we have
learned to live with a dilated (slower) clock, then it seems to me
that we could also learn to live with a 'contracted' (or faster)
clock.

This phenomenon of 'time contraction' is not included in Einstein's
interpretation of the principle of relativity for it turns out that if
time 'contracts' as well as 'dilates' then we must do away with
classical concepts of 'distance' and accept that the distance between
any two points in space is also relative. Time dilation has been
accepted only because it is possible to reconcile classical physics
with the principle of relativity and a concept of relative clock time,
but only if we allow only time dilation and do not consider the
possiblity of time contraction.

This 'time contraction' is dependant upon acceptance of the concept of
'the aether' (which is to say that space is an energy field). For
this reason this discussion of 'time contraction' is divided into two
parts.

Part one is yet another attempt to justify the hypothesis that space
is an energy field. The universe does not exist 'in space' as though
space was an independantly existing separate entity unto itself, but
rather space itself is part of the universe, which is to say that
space is also a manifestation of the one energy field. Just as we
accept that E equals MC squared (the equivalence of mass and energy)
so we would also have to accept the equivalence of space and energy
(the idea here being that it is a logical assumption to accept the
postulate that 'space' is just the perceived manifestation of the
'conserved momentum field' associated with any mass.

http://www.awitness.org/unified/pages/page3/aether.html

This discussion of the 'aether field' is a continuation of a previous
summation of the Unified Field Theory found here.

http://www.awitness.org/unified/pages/new_physics.html

Part one of the discussion then goes on to justify 'time contraction'
as a logical postulate resulting from the phenomenon of 'field
acceleration'.

http://www.awitness.org/unified/page..._contract.html
Old July 16th 10, 05:28 PM posted to sci.astro
gb[_3_]

Space is an energy field is likely easily disproven in physics.