Dutch reality show seeks one-way astronauts for Mars

Old April 24th 13, 02:29 AM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

Default Dutch reality show seeks one-way astronauts for Mars

" Are you crazy enough to sign up for a
one-way trip to Mars? Applications are
now being accepted by the makers of a
Dutch reality show that says it will deliver
the first humans to the Red Planet in 10
years.

The main requirements are strong health,
good people and survival skills, being 18
or older, and having a reasonable grasp
of the English language.

The non-profit company, called "Mars One,"
aims to land its first four astronauts in 2023
for a televised reality show that would follow
the exploits of the first humans to attempt
to establish a colony on Mars."

See:

http://www.marsdaily.com/reports/Dut..._Mars_999.html
Old April 24th 13, 02:39 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Sylvia Else

On 24/04/2013 11:29 AM, wrote:
" Are you crazy enough to sign up for a
one-way trip to Mars? Applications are
now being accepted by the makers of a
Dutch reality show that says it will deliver
the first humans to the Red Planet in 10
years.

The main requirements are strong health,
good people and survival skills, being 18
or older, and having a reasonable grasp
of the English language.

The non-profit company, called "Mars One,"
aims to land its first four astronauts in 2023
for a televised reality show that would follow
the exploits of the first humans to attempt
to establish a colony on Mars."

See:

http://www.marsdaily.com/reports/Dut..._Mars_999.html

This is, for sure, nothing more than a publicity stunt. I absolutely
guarantee that no one will even reach Earth orbit as a result of this
alleged project. At most, a few people may experience time in a zero-g
training aircraft, or, as part of another publicity stunt, get a ride
aboard Virgin's space tourism offering.

Oh, and non-profit companies can still provide healthy incomes for their
senior executives, being those who established the company, so
"non-profit" is rather misleading.

Sylvia.
Old April 24th 13, 04:31 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Invid Fan[_2_]

In article , Sylvia Else
wrote:

This is, for sure, nothing more than a publicity stunt. I absolutely
guarantee that no one will even reach Earth orbit as a result of this
alleged project. At most, a few people may experience time in a zero-g
training aircraft, or, as part of another publicity stunt, get a ride
aboard Virgin's space tourism offering.

The first hardware is supposed to land on Mars in 2016. I'm sure they
can meet that deadline

--
Chris Mack "If we show any weakness, the monsters will get cocky!"
'Invid Fan' - 'Yokai Monsters Along With Ghosts'
Old April 25th 13, 12:10 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Brad Guth[_3_]

http://www.marsdaily.com/reports/Dut...ks_one-way_ast...

This is, for sure, nothing more than a publicity stunt. I absolutely
guarantee that no one will even reach Earth orbit as a result of this
alleged project. At most, a few people may experience time in a zero-g
training aircraft, or, as part of another publicity stunt, get a ride
aboard Virgin's space tourism offering.

Oh, and non-profit companies can still provide healthy incomes for their
senior executives, being those who established the company, so
"non-profit" is rather misleading.

Sylvia.

You have such little faith. We can do one-way missions as is,
although arriving at the reddish surface of Mars still alive and
kicking, might not be so likely.