'Impossible' crystals may be 'alien'.

Old January 13th 12, 09:53 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.astro.seti,rec.arts.sf.science
Robert Clark

Default 'Impossible' crystals may be 'alien'.

I intentionally phrased the title in a provocative way. The word
'alien' can simply mean 'not of this Earth'.
The discovery concerns quasicrystals, which were previously thought
not to occur naturally but only under lab conditions. When you read
the description of how they are created in the lab I think you'll
understand why.
In any case the article concerns some quasicrytals that were found in
nature. Now it turns out those quasicrystals that were found may have
come from space:

‘Impossible’ Crystals May Have Come From Space.
by Paul Scott Anderson on January 4, 2012
http://www.universetoday.com/92383/i...me-from-space/

Bob Clark
Old January 14th 12, 04:20 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.astro.seti,rec.arts.sf.science
Matt Wiser[_2_]

On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 00:53:52 -0800 (PST), Robert Clark wrote:

I intentionally phrased the title in a provocative way. T

*PLONK*

Asshole
Old January 14th 12, 06:46 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.astro.seti,rec.arts.sf.science
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Jan 13, 12:53*am, Robert Clark wrote:
*I intentionally phrased the title in a provocative way. The word
'alien' can simply mean 'not of this Earth'.
The discovery concerns quasicrystals, which were previously thought
not to occur naturally but only under lab conditions. When you read
the description of how they are created in the lab I think you'll
understand why.
*In any case the article concerns some quasicrytals that were found in
nature. Now it turns out those quasicrystals that were found may have
come from space:

‘Impossible’ Crystals May Have Come From Space.
by Paul Scott Anderson on January 4, 2012http://www.universetoday.com/92383/impossible-crystals-may-have-come-...

* Bob Clark

Terrestrial surface basalts are also not very paramagnetic, and yet I
have basalt samples that range from 3.5 to 4.5 g/cm3 that are highly
paramagnetic. Also, not much if any carbonado/black-diamond is
terrestrial (other than deposited carbonado).

http://translate.google.com/#
Old January 15th 12, 07:32 PM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

Matt Wiser wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 00:53:52 -0800 (PST), Robert Clark wrote:

I intentionally phrased the title in a provocative way. T

*PLONK*

Asshole

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.s...77a8a1b1c9ad4d

Whose hostility is showing now?
Old January 15th 12, 07:57 PM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

David Spain wrote:
Matt Wiser wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 00:53:52 -0800 (PST), Robert Clark wrote:

I intentionally phrased the title in a provocative way. T

*PLONK*

Asshole

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.s...77a8a1b1c9ad4d

Whose hostility is showing now?