Elon Musk wants to put millions of people on Mars.

Old January 6th 12, 08:44 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.history
Raymond Yohros

Default Elon Musk wants to put millions of people on Mars.

On Jan 6, 8:40*am, bob haller wrote:
the days of buying votes will meaningless jobs must end

also, there always comes a time in society where gold, oil and
personal interests start to become more important than
intelligence and that has never been healthy for the future.

sometimes i wonder if it could be easier to have a clean
start on mars than trying to save this planet.

r.y

Old January 9th 12, 06:57 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.history
[email protected] |

On Jan 6, 11:44*am, Raymond Yohros wrote:
On Jan 6, 8:40*am, bob haller wrote:

the days of buying votes will meaningless jobs must end

also, there always comes a time in society where gold, oil and
personal interests start to become more important than
intelligence and that has never been healthy for the future.

sometimes i wonder if it could be easier to have a clean
start on mars than trying to save this planet.

r.y

Mars is a hostile place. Mars may provide a base but it won't
be easy. I'd think even a wrecked Earth would be less hostile
than a 'fresh' red Mars.
Old January 11th 12, 03:35 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.history
Raymond Yohros

On Jan 9, 12:57*am, |"
wrote:
On Jan 6, 11:44*am, Raymond Yohros wrote:
also, there always comes a time in society where gold, oil and
personal interests start to become more important than
intelligence and that has never been healthy for the future.

sometimes i wonder if it could be easier to have a clean
start on mars than trying to save this planet.

r.y

Mars is a hostile place. Mars may provide a base but it won't
be easy. I'd think even a wrecked Earth would be less hostile
than a 'fresh' red Mars.

not easy at all but that is the reason that makes it possible.
the amount of intelligence put into the operation will ensure
it's success and endurance while here on earth the stupidity
It's becoming totally unstoppable.

r.y
Old January 11th 12, 03:47 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.history
hanson

trigonometry1 wrote:
Mars is a hostile place. Mars may provide a base but it won't
be easy. I'd think even a wrecked Earth would be less hostile
than a 'fresh' red Mars.

Raymond Whoreus
wrote:
not easy at all but that is the reason that makes it possible.
the amount of intelligence put into the operation will ensure
it's success and endurance while here on earth the stupidity
It's becoming totally unstoppable.

hanson wrote:
..... ahahaha... LOL and ROTFLMAO... AHAHAHA...
Hey, Dingbat, you splendid old and dreamy whore,
listen: ... You obviously never heard of uncle Murphy.

You with your birdbrain obviously also never worked
in any aerospace lab nor participated in any think-tank.
You would't even last 3 days in the Mojave or in the
Antarctic Dry Valleys, and much less on Mars, no matter
how big an "amount of intelligence is put into the operation"

Keep on whoring yourself in the Holodeck of Startrek...
or use uncle Adolf's the "Vril" or "Andromeda-Geraet".
Thanks for the laughs, you mooch... ahahahahahanson

Old January 11th 12, 07:10 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.history
Raymond Yohros

On Jan 11, 9:47*am, "hanson" wrote:

hanson wrote:

.... ahahaha... LOL and ROTFLMAO... AHAHAHA...
Hey, Dingbat, you splendid old and dreamy whore,
listen: ... You obviously never heard of uncle Murphy.

You with your birdbrain obviously also never worked
in any aerospace lab nor participated in any think-tank.
You would't even last 3 days in the Mojave or in the
Antarctic Dry Valleys, and much less on Mars, no matter
how big an "amount of intelligence is put into the operation"

Keep on whoring yourself in the Holodeck of Startrek...
or use uncle Adolf's the "Vril" or "Andromeda-Geraet".
Thanks for the laughs, you mooch... ahahahahahanson

Murphy's law?, if i've learn something all my life as an engineer
its that people are responsable for most **** ups.
there is little to no room for error when you have machines well
setup with proper monitoring of all functions and
emergency backup units ready to go. and yes, you are right,
i've never had the chance or pleasure to work in an aerospace
or advance research facility jet but don't loose hope that one day
than could happen. maybe i did get carried away with that stupidity
thing
but i don't loose confidence in intelligence that also
has reach an interesting level where we are going to be able to do
things that where impossible for thousands of years.
Old January 11th 12, 09:00 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.history
hanson

"Raymond Yohros" wrote:
-- "hanson" wrote:
--- "Raymond Yohros" wrote:

hanson wrote:
.... ahahaha... LOL and ROTFLMAO... AHAHAHA...
Hey, Dingbat, you splendid old and dreamy whore,
listen: ... You obviously never heard of uncle Murphy.

You with your birdbrain obviously also never worked
in any aerospace lab nor participated in any think-tank.
You would't even last 3 days in the Mojave or in the
Antarctic Dry Valleys, and much less on Mars, no matter
how big an "amount of intelligence is put into the operation"

Keep on whoring yourself in the Holodeck of Startrek...
or use uncle Adolf's the "Vril" or "Andromeda-Geraet".
Thanks for the laughs, you mooch... ahahahahahanson

"Raymond Yohros" wrote:
Murphy's law?...

hanson wrote:
ahahahaha... So, google for it instead of sidestepping it.
In essence it says: "If something can go wrong, it will do so"
.... and it doesn't matter how much intelligence is in it...

"Raymond Yohros" wrote:
if i've learn something all my life as an engineer
its that people are responsable for most **** ups.
there is little to no room for error when you have machines
well setup with proper monitoring of all functions and
emergency backup units ready to go.

hanson wrote:
"machines, monitoring, emergency backups" are all
functions/products of people.. and mo matter how
intelligent,... uncle Murphy still rules.... According to
your Weltbild the insurance companies would have
gone out of business long time ago... Fat chance, Ray!

"Raymond Yohros" wrote:
and yes, you are right,
i've never had the chance or pleasure to work in an aerospace
or advance research facility jet but don't loose hope that one day
than could happen. maybe i did get carried away with that stupidity
thing
but i don't loose confidence in intelligence that also has reach
an interesting level where we are going to be able to do
things that where impossible for thousands of years.

hanson wrote:
Ray, it looks like you are not a native English-speaker,
nor do you indicate whether you are an enthusiastic juvee
or a fanatical old geezer who missed the boat.

Either way, that is cool. Your tripe and hopes are cool
too, but hang onto your beytsim... for your hopes will
never materialize, because one can make a much more
realistic case for "how to colonize space":

We have reached the peak of/for our evolutionary niche
that was in store for homo sapiens... and we have fulfilled
that promise. We have sent our "seed" to the stars:
------Pioneers 10/11 and their golden Plaque. -----

Our anthropic situation may be likened to humans being
like dandelions. The dandelions grown and work and
produce those gossamer parachute-like seeds that get
picked up by the winds of time. BUT... the dandelions
themselves will NEVER leaves their ancestral spots.

It's their encased DNA that is the colonizing agent, but
never its local-environmental product, be they dandelions
or humans. IOW: PANSPERMIA!... or go for the infertile
substitute-fables and tales of ANCIENT ASTRONAUTS
that never were... ahahaha... AHAHAHAHA...