Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old October 21st 16, 12:17 AM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

On Thursday, October 20, 2016 at 1:35:18 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Wednesday, October 19, 2016 at 7:00:39 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
Johnson reminds me of me.Where not spending much $$$$$ I'm working hard and doing it right,but big money can save lots of sweat. Van is free and stands out with 11 VOTE FOR GLAZIER signs Students get a kick out of me,and I like that.Girls tell me Grey Cloud is a good looking Indian,and I paint well.G=EMC^2 ??? TreBert

A wet and wild day here in Gresham. Pouring rain, and an occasional gust of wind. 60F as of 1:15 PM PDT, and it looks like that's as high as it will get.

Saw Kim on the way over. She was sleeping on the bus. We had a good lunch yesterday.

Watched the Donald and Hillary mud slinging contest last night.

I was almost ready to vote against the so called Gross Receipts Tax on the Oregon ballot. Most newspapers are against it. But then I looked at it closer. There is actually already a 1% tax based on gross receipts which is really an alternative minimum tax for corporations that have enough deductions to pay little or no state income tax. (Think Donald Trump.) But once a corporation gets over 100 million sales, the tax is capped, and they pay no additional tax for additional sales! This gives a big advantage to the largest corporation just for being large! This is unconscionable! The new law would impose a 2.5% minimum tax on all receipts above 25 million and remove the cap. That's more like it! Will provide much needed money for schools and senior services.

A big natural gas explosion yesterday in downtown Portland blew out all the windows in the building. Construction work had broken a gas pipe. Firefighters were already trying to evacuate the building when the explosion occurred. Three of them were injured.

Double-A

Hot dry and not a cloud in the sky. AA kicker is Fullerton College has 27,000 students WOW Spending 5 hours there everyday. Doing a talk on 5 things I'm good with. Making them laugh,and vote for Herbert Glazier. OK I just might not be an underdog.??????? Its my best shot. I wish I was not so old and ugly TreBert
Old October 21st 16, 09:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Thursday, October 20, 2016 at 4:17:16 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
[...]

I hope the voting age in California is 18. I wasn't allowed to vote until I was 21. But as they said, "Old enough to fight, old enough to vote!" And old enough to drink too as far as I'm concerned, but that seemed to go the other way.

Much better weather today here in Gresham. As of 1:15 PM PDT it is partly cloudy but with some sun. Currently 60F here.

I noticed a night spot called "Billy Bob's" only a block from the library here has closed and is up for sale or lease. Another victim of the Great Recession, I guess. There is a bar right across the street from here and I don't know how they keep their doors open, since I hardly ever see anybody going in there or sitting in their beer garden. I must give them a little of my business sometime before they close too!

The library here has established a drop box where we can deposit our ballots for the election and thus save the price of a stamp. In times such as these, even the price of stamp can be a hardship for some of us, the proletariat.

I've seen a girls hanging at the bus stop near by apartment the last two days. Obviously homeless. Yesterday she was brushing her teeth. Today she was combing here hair. The TriMet transit police will kick people out if they hang around the same bus stop too long. It's pitiful to see.

Double-A

Old October 22nd 16, 08:08 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Clear and sunny here in Gresham today! Unusual weather considering what we've been having lately. Now a crisp 56F as of 12:00 noon PDT. Of course there is the obligatory east wind as on any sunny day here this time of year, but it is only 11 mph.

Stocked up on vegetable at the Farmers' Market: zucchini, lettuce, beets! Next weekend will be the final day of the market for this year. Seems to me they conclude a little early, since I considered this time of year the hight of the harvest season for my garden. And some of the sellers grow their vegetables hydronically in hothouses, so can grow them year around.

Oregon football is really in the toilet!

Double-A

Old October 23rd 16, 09:40 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Overcast and slight easterly breeze. Now 57F as of 1:30 PM PDT. Still overall a fairly nice day.

My woman neighbor who gave me tomatoes she grew out on here patio is moving out! The $100 rent increase? Too bad. She was a nice lady. Well my apartments have a new roof, and a repaved parking lot. Creeping gentrification!

Same old crowd here at the library. Church kids at the youth center down the street.

I made my final decisions on how I was going to vote on candidates and ballot measures. With businesses closing, and people being forced out by rent increases, this is not a favorable time for tax increase measures!

Double-A

Old October 24th 16, 07:22 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

WOW we had rain over night.Now its bright sun and about 78. I'm not paying any rent so I've got $$$$. Van runs like new so that saves me $$$$ Will have to I think pay some taxes ????? Jim at sci.physics showed my interview by lady reporter.I looked so bad I'm not voting for me. To bad I have such a bad memory I left my teeth in Boston 3 years ago. I think I'll not be in the Fullerton school paper.I might scare the kids Life is tricky when you push ninety .Trebert
Old October 24th 16, 09:06 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Monday, October 24, 2016 at 11:22:52 AM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Sunday, October 23, 2016 at 1:40:48 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Overcast and slight easterly breeze. Now 57F as of 1:30 PM PDT. Still overall a fairly nice day.

My woman neighbor who gave me tomatoes she grew out on here patio is moving out! The $100 rent increase? Too bad. She was a nice lady. Well my apartments have a new roof, and a repaved parking lot. Creeping gentrification!

Same old crowd here at the library. Church kids at the youth center down the street.

I made my final decisions on how I was going to vote on candidates and ballot measures. With businesses closing, and people being forced out by rent increases, this is not a favorable time for tax increase measures!

Double-A

WOW we had rain over night.

We have had 7 inches already this October!

Now its bright sun and about 78. I'm not paying any rent so I've got $$$$.. Van runs like new so that saves me $$$$ Will have to I think pay some taxes ????? Jim at sci.physics showed my interview by lady reporter.I looked so bad I'm not voting for me. To bad I have such a bad memory I left my teeth in Boston 3 years ago.

Is this part of you stand up routine?

I think I'll not be in the Fullerton school paper.I might scare the kids.

Hey! It's Halloween!

Life is tricky when you push ninety .Trebert

Still dry here this morning with a slight southeast wind, but nothing but rain in the forecast for the coming week! Currently a mild 60F as of 1:00 PM PDT here in Gresham.

I was reading that one of the first thing the communists did when they took over Russian was to ban drinking! Ha! I wonder how long until they backed off on that? There are some things you just can't dictate!

Double-A

Old October 25th 16, 07:39 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

A pleasant fall day here in Gresham. Calm and not raining, but the streets are still wet from the morning rain. Currently 55F as of 11:30 AM PDT.

I took my month's accumulation of beer cans in a big black garbage bag over to the state redemption center. Short line this time. Walking down Gresham's main drag on the way to the library, I checked out a new discount store. Their prices on most items, such as furniture, did not seem very discounted. But their prices on clothes looked good.

Walking further on, I saw more closed storefronts, places just going out of business, and second hand stores. It is beginning to look a lot like 2008! The Twisted Carrot Restaurant by the Transit Center closed about a month ago, and they sold off all their equipment on that recent stormy Saturday. The Billy Bob's night club a block from the library has closed. The places that are still open don't seem to be drawing many customers. Gresham does not have any strong large employers as does Hillsboro with their Intel.

I saw a new election guide as I walked into the library called the "Easy Voters' Guide". It has large print and looks as though it is meant for voters' who are in some way challenged. Then I noticed that the only candidate they have listed for President is Jill Stein! Hahahahahahahahaha! Dirty tricks in action! Take advantage of the challenged!

Double-A

Old October 26th 16, 03:08 AM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Tuesday, October 25, 2016 at 11:39:50 AM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
[...]

Bright sun, cool all day.Finally got a hearing aid WOW Now away I go.Thursday off to Fullerton state College. See how I do there?? Life is not easy when you have to walk around a big school.Not easy when the teachers can't figure out stuff I show.They get put out. Not all. I think I'm starting to feel old.My feet feel heavy after a block. I take pressure pills and they keep testing my heart beat Hmmmm.It seems to skip a few beats from time to time.No pain No worry ,still its not good. In the paper they have a think on "Lead in children" brains. I did a post on that 24 yearsago.Big money makes big bucks putting lead in stuff every day.The clean air act of 1976 did not do much good.TreBert Ps Progress Energy should be shut down
Old October 26th 16, 03:12 AM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

[...]

Big corner store out of business in the Anaheim plaza.All have to compete with Walmart. End of story TreBert
Old October 27th 16, 08:48 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Tuesday, October 25, 2016 at 7:08:25 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:

Bright sun, cool all day.Finally got a hearing aid WOW Now away I go.Thursday off to Fullerton state College. See how I do there?? Life is not easy when you have to walk around a big school.Not easy when the teachers can't figure out stuff I show.They get put out. Not all. I think I'm starting to feel old.My feet feel heavy after a block. I take pressure pills and they keep testing my heart beat Hmmmm.It seems to skip a few beats from time to time.No pain No worry ,still its not good. In the paper they have a think on "Lead in children" brains. I did a post on that 24 yearsago.Big money makes big bucks putting lead in stuff every day.The clean air act of 1976 did not do much good.TreBert Ps Progress Energy should be shut down

Light drip, drip type rain here in Gresham today. 53F and calm as of 12:30 PM PDT.

Hope that means you can hear again. I chucked the pills and the doctors! The blood pressure pills the gave me, by their own admission, put me in danger of a heart attack! Then they switched be to a kind that made the swelling in my legs worse! The pills they gave me for diabetes made me sick everyday! Now I feel great! Exercise and a healthful diet are keeping me healthy. As far as how long I live, I don't really care. As my dad said, "When it comes, it comes!"

Had a nice lunch with Kim yesterday at the China Garden Buffet. She tried to call here restaurateur friend in Hawaii, but couldn't get through. She gave me a book of text message acronyms. I will see her again this afternoon.

Library opened at noon today, and I was right at the door when they unlocked it. The frame is going up for the Dutch Brothers Coffee Sop next door to my apartment. I'm hoping it will give me good Wi-Fi reception right from my bedroom!

The woman who lived next door to me and gave me home grown tomatoes has moved out, but did not take her cat!

Double-A

Punishment for the Ft. Hood Terrorist. G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 1 November 9th 09 06:59 PM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 May 6th 08 05:09 AM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 May 6th 08 04:59 AM
east's direction wind peter Misc 2 November 28th 06 02:38 PM
the East's direction wind peter Misc 1 November 23rd 06 02:44 PM