Focusers again!

Old October 4th 03, 10:21 PM
Janet

Default Focusers again!

Fortuitous discovery in October's Astronomy magazine. In the review of the
off-axis scope there is a recommendation for a focuser called the JMI DX-1.
Some research finds http://www.jimsmobile.com which sells motorised
focusers.

Anyone any experience of these?

Cheers

Old October 6th 03, 02:04 AM
Len Philpot

In article ,
said...
Fortuitous discovery in October's Astronomy magazine. In the review of the
off-axis scope there is a recommendation for a focuser called the JMI DX-1.
Some research finds
http://www.jimsmobile.com which sells motorised
focusers.

Anyone any experience of these?

Not specifically that model, but I had an NGF3 from JMI that was superb.
I wish I had kept it when I sold the scope. Smooth, shift-free and easy
to micro-adjust, despite the absence of a geared focus assembly.

--

-- Len Philpot - --
------ -----
Old October 11th 03, 04:36 AM
Gregory Phillips

Look into "feathertouch" focusers from Starlight Instruments. It is probably the
best quality focuser available. You can get one of these by contacting Starlight Instruments
directly or over the web from http://www.highpointscientific.com/starlight.html.

They are not cheap, a full featured model can run about $350.00

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 21:21:43 +0000 (UTC), "Janet" wrote:

Fortuitous discovery in October's Astronomy magazine. In the review of the
off-axis scope there is a recommendation for a focuser called the JMI DX-1.
Some research finds http://www.jimsmobile.com which sells motorised
focusers.

Anyone any experience of these?

Cheers

---
Gregory Phillips Seattle, Washington, USA