NGC 3190 Group

Old April 25th 04, 06:42 PM
Dennis Persyk

Default NGC 3190 Group

NGC 3190 in Leo is one of a group of galaxies contained in a 40 arc
minute FOV. I imaged it for 71 minutes with my E160 6-inch astrograph
and MX716 CCD camera. This was first light for the E160. Please
take a look.

http://home.att.net/~dpersyk/new.htm

I welcome comments from everyone. Thanks for looking.

Clear skies,

Dennis Persyk
Igloo Observatory Home Page http://dpersyk.home.att.net
Hampshire, IL
Old April 25th 04, 07:22 PM
David Knisely

Its a good image, except that the caption at the top of the page reads "NGC
1390" instead of 3190 (don't you just hate it when that happens? :-)). The
group as a whole is more commonly known as "Hickson 44", and is one of my
favorite "little" galaxy groups for visual observing in moderate to large
apertures. Clear skies to you.
--
David W. Knisely
Prairie Astronomy Club:

* July 18-23, 2004, Merritt Reservoir *
* http://www.NebraskaStarParty.org *

Old April 26th 04, 10:34 AM
Dave

Dennis Persyk wrote:
NGC 3190 in Leo is one of a group of galaxies contained in a 40 arc
minute FOV. I imaged it for 71 minutes with my E160 6-inch astrograph
and MX716 CCD camera. This was first light for the E160. Please
take a look.

http://home.att.net/~dpersyk/new.htm

I welcome comments from everyone. Thanks for looking.

Astounding as usual Dennis.
Keep up the posts, I always enjoy looking at your work.

Dave