Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old November 20th 15, 11:15 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

On Friday, November 20, 2015 at 2:53:36 PM UTC-8, Arc Michael wrote:
On Friday, November 20, 2015 at 1:52:27 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Cold east wind, 17 mph. Sunny and dry. Temp only 48F as of 1:45 PM PST here in Gresham. This time of year you really only have two choices here, cold east wind, or rain.

Double-A

u post when rocky or bast does, nearly the same time. But under different names.

Coincidence.

Double-A

Old November 23rd 15, 09:09 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Was sunny this morning, and the wind had stopped, but clouds are now thickening rapidly, and there is rain in the forecast. Currently 43F as of 1:00 PM PST here in Gresham. Looked more like 47F earlier.

I wonder if Warhol has been swept up in this jihadi crackdown in Belgium? Anyone heard from him lately?

Double-A

Old November 24th 15, 09:18 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Monday, November 23, 2015 at 1:09:26 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Was sunny this morning, and the wind had stopped, but clouds are now thickening rapidly, and there is rain in the forecast. Currently 43F as of 1:00 PM PST here in Gresham. Looked more like 47F earlier.

I wonder if Warhol has been swept up in this jihadi crackdown in Belgium? Anyone heard from him lately?

Double-A

A cool 40F as of 1:15 PM PST here in Gresham. Looks like that will be the high for the day. There was light drizzle most of the morning. Has let up now. As soon as the rain is gone, the cold east wind will be back again tomorrow.

Double-A

Old November 24th 15, 10:47 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Tuesday, November 24, 2015 at 1:18:38 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
On Monday, November 23, 2015 at 1:09:26 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Was sunny this morning, and the wind had stopped, but clouds are now thickening rapidly, and there is rain in the forecast. Currently 43F as of 1:00 PM PST here in Gresham. Looked more like 47F earlier.

I wonder if Warhol has been swept up in this jihadi crackdown in Belgium? Anyone heard from him lately?

Double-A

A cool 40F as of 1:15 PM PST here in Gresham. Looks like that will be the high for the day. There was light drizzle most of the morning. Has let up now. As soon as the rain is gone, the cold east wind will be back again tomorrow.

Double-A

AA Rents go up when Walmart has to pay increase in minimum wage.I was thinking if you could add to your SS it would be a big help. How about a night watchman? Visiter information center? I think you can put a small add in Shoppers guide.How about Walmart. Then you could pay out on a small older car owned by a retired school teacher.Do you belong to a center for old people like me? Good place to make friends. They know the best doctors Lawyers,and how Calif gov. can work best for me. Some of the ladies are afraid to drive,but still own cars.Get the picture TreBert PS Sunny in the 70s no chance of rain.
Old November 26th 15, 12:08 AM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Tuesday, November 24, 2015 at 2:47:32 PM UTC-8, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
[...]

AA First of the year I might get my hearing back.Then I would like to have you email and I'll show you what M&M can do for you $$$$$ wise
Old November 28th 15, 09:55 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 4:08:48 PM UTC-8, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
[...]

I'm never going to work on a **** job again! I might do a business maybe.

Then you could pay out on a small older car owned by a retired school teacher.

Sounds like my landlord.

Do you belong to a center for old people like me? Good place to make friends. They know th...

There ought to be a senior center in the Gresham area. I know that Snowcap is where you can get free food.

AA First of the year I might get my hearing back.Then I would like to have you email and I'll show you what M&M can do for you $$$$$ wise

I have a friend who might be interested in M&M. He is currently doing a contract janitorial business. He invited me over for Thanksgiving Dinner at his sister's house, but I passed.

Kim passed along to me a Safeway gift card that someone gave her. I used it to buy a roast turkey breast. That was my Thanksgiving Dinner.

The cold east wind has been blowing steadily here in Gresham for days now. Currently 44F, probably the high for the day. Was 32F early this morning. Dry air and wind 17 mph.

Streets are awfully empty here on a Saturday this time of year. Probably Gresham is not a good place to Christmas shop.

Double-A

Old November 28th 15, 10:29 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 5:31:40 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Mt. Hood looms much larger were I am living now. Many things there are named after it: Mt. Hood Community College, The Hood Theater, and Hood Drive. Some things have been named after the east wind too, such as the East Wind Apartments. The east wind is the dominant wind there in the winter. In summer it is nice though, and stays a little cooler than downtown Portland.

Today I am back over in the Cedar Mills Library, since I don't have my Multnomah County library card yet. After lunch with Kim downtown, I came up here. It is currently 51F here with a slight sprinkling of rain starting. Should be dry again in a couple day.

A few days ago I walked over to the Mt. Hood Community College campus. I spent 2 years in school there. Much has changed, but old memories still remain.

"The years run too short and the days too fast
The things you lean on are the things that don't last
Well it's just now and then my line gets cast into these
Time passages
There's something back here that you left behind
Oh time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight

A girl comes towards you
You once used to know
You reach out your hand
But you're all alone, in these
Time passages
I know you're in there, you're just out of sight
Time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight" - Al Stewart

At first I felt a little lost, but then I came upon a spot I clearly remembered. It was where I had gone out there and watched a speech by then President Jimmy Carter in the late 70's. He was the first President I had seen in person! A helicopter brought him in, and Iranian students hiding their faces were demonstrating against the Shaw of Iran.

I finally found the lake that they made by damming up the local creek. I once drove a car across that dam! But if I were to try it now, I would run into a fence. I now must give up any hope of wetting a line in that trout stocked pond, as fishing is now limited to those under 17. Well, that's how I always thought it should be.

I found the basketball court with the dome shaped roof. It is a paraboloid shaped roof which gives an interesting echoic effect at its center. They have wisely covered much of the ceiling with acoustic tile.

There used to be tables and chairs on the east side where students could sit. But now it's all basketball floor. That's were I used to sit and talk with Greta and Susan in those pleasant times.

"The day is here,
The time has come
When I go see my darling love.
But why is she not here today
Where she has always been before?
I wait for you,
But you come not. - AA

I went to the corner of Kane Dr. and Stark St. to look for the stone mile post marker for mile 14 from Portland. It was there back in 1969 when I checked. This were set down every mile along Stark about 150 years ago. Stark led to the Stark St. Ferry, which was the only way to cross the Willamette River back then, before they built the bridges in Portland. The Community College has put up a sign at that corner and surrounded it with rocks and other landscaping. But no sign of the historic mile stone. You would think that the administrators of a college of all people would have some respect for history!

Double-A

Did same thing.When I;m depressed I rather be alone. I ate only this and that ,and a fudge ice cream float. Shooting pool now.To cool for the beaches.. TreBert
Old November 30th 15, 09:46 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Saturday, November 28, 2015 at 2:29:56 PM UTC-8, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

Did same thing.When I;m depressed I rather be alone. I ate only this and that ,and a fudge ice cream float. Shooting pool now.To cool for the beaches. TreBert

Cold air here in Gresham. Now 36F. Was 30F earlier. East wind still hasn't given up, but soon will end. Clouds have moved in. A wet week is ahead.. But should get a little warmer. Maybe as high as 50F! Freezing rain this morning was more a threat on Portland's west side, usually the banana belt.

Just stayed home yesterday. Too cold to go out. Watched Denver defeat New England in OT!

Double-A

Old December 1st 15, 10:17 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Partly cloudy with some sun and 39F here in Gresham. Cold east wind still blowing as it has for the past week, now up to 20 mph. Had a little rain last evening, and expecting more tonight. Freezing rain advisory is out for the Columbia River Gorge.

Forgot to buy my monthly bus pass yesterday, so I had to walk the mile down to Safeway in the cold wind to buy one today. Now I am good for another month.

Double-A

Old December 3rd 15, 10:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Cloudy and a pleasant 45F as of 2:00 PM here in Gresham. A storm expected soon with a strong south wind that will set back that east wind for a little while. Yesterday there was freezing rain in some parts of the area, but not here in Gresham. Was able to enjoy my usual Wednesday lunch with Kim.

This morning I went over to Dollar Tree and stocked up on food.

Double-A

Punishment for the Ft. Hood Terrorist. G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 1 November 9th 09 06:59 PM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 May 6th 08 05:09 AM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 May 6th 08 04:59 AM
east's direction wind peter Misc 2 November 28th 06 02:38 PM
the East's direction wind peter Misc 1 November 23rd 06 02:44 PM