Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old November 7th 15, 12:08 AM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert
external usenet poster

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 2:54:15 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
On Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at 1:16:22 PM UTC-8, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

AA American Red Cross is GOP Mafia 100% Knowingly they sold HIV blood and killed 1,000s.Mostly children.Killed Arther Ash TV star Glazer family.L Taylor did a movie on this called "The Band Played On" Try to find it. Its another GOP Mafia press cover up. They sold over a million pints.It shows what GOP can get away with out and out grand scale murder. TreBert

Dracula is gone today. Moved on to suck some other small town dry! The Red Cross selling blood, Planned Parenthood selling dead babies, what's the world coming to?

Another chilly fall afternoon here in Gresham. Now only 51F as of 2:45 PM PST. Cloudy skies, but dry so far. Light breeze out of the SW now, but east wind lurking in the forecast.

Had a good lunch with Kim again yesterday at the Chinese Buffet.

Double-A

AA Chinese is much better than Thia. Yesterday with Sandy's driving me around I got my mayor papers.Had a wine splash lemon pepper lunch.She is driving me to Irvine Monday.She is going to be my once a week driver.She likes the freeways.Weather this month is the greatest on the planet.TreBert
Old November 7th 15, 06:36 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Friday, November 6, 2015 at 4:08:15 PM UTC-8, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

AA Chinese is much better than Thia. Yesterday with Sandy's driving me around I got my mayor papers.Had a wine splash lemon pepper lunch.She is driving me to Irvine Monday.She is going to be my once a week driver.She likes the freeways.Weather this month is the greatest on the planet.TreBert

Yes, Chinese and all you can eat is great! I never minded freeway driving. My dad didn't like them. The one time I was in LA, I didn't mind driving the freeways there. I drove down to Anaheim, but Disneyland was closed!

It is now 52F here in Gresham as of 10:30 AM PST, and that is as good as it's expected to get. Some rain already, and expecting more this afternoon.

There is going to be a Veteran's Day parade coming down Main Street here any time now. Seems kind of early for that since the 11th isn't until Wednesday. I love small towns! I met a homeless guy smoking his snipes at a bus stop here and noted there were no no-smoking signs at the stops here. Kim said, " It is freer out here." Yes, and that's the way they like it here, and I like it too.

Double-A

Old November 7th 15, 10:46 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 5:31:40 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Mt. Hood looms much larger were I am living now. Many things there are named after it: Mt. Hood Community College, The Hood Theater, and Hood Drive. Some things have been named after the east wind too, such as the East Wind Apartments. The east wind is the dominant wind there in the winter. In summer it is nice though, and stays a little cooler than downtown Portland.

Today I am back over in the Cedar Mills Library, since I don't have my Multnomah County library card yet. After lunch with Kim downtown, I came up here. It is currently 51F here with a slight sprinkling of rain starting. Should be dry again in a couple day.

A few days ago I walked over to the Mt. Hood Community College campus. I spent 2 years in school there. Much has changed, but old memories still remain.

"The years run too short and the days too fast
The things you lean on are the things that don't last
Well it's just now and then my line gets cast into these
Time passages
There's something back here that you left behind
Oh time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight

A girl comes towards you
You once used to know
You reach out your hand
But you're all alone, in these
Time passages
I know you're in there, you're just out of sight
Time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight" - Al Stewart

At first I felt a little lost, but then I came upon a spot I clearly remembered. It was where I had gone out there and watched a speech by then President Jimmy Carter in the late 70's. He was the first President I had seen in person! A helicopter brought him in, and Iranian students hiding their faces were demonstrating against the Shaw of Iran.

I finally found the lake that they made by damming up the local creek. I once drove a car across that dam! But if I were to try it now, I would run into a fence. I now must give up any hope of wetting a line in that trout stocked pond, as fishing is now limited to those under 17. Well, that's how I always thought it should be.

I found the basketball court with the dome shaped roof. It is a paraboloid shaped roof which gives an interesting echoic effect at its center. They have wisely covered much of the ceiling with acoustic tile.

There used to be tables and chairs on the east side where students could sit. But now it's all basketball floor. That's were I used to sit and talk with Greta and Susan in those pleasant times.

"The day is here,
The time has come
When I go see my darling love.
But why is she not here today
Where she has always been before?
I wait for you,
But you come not. - AA

I went to the corner of Kane Dr. and Stark St. to look for the stone mile post marker for mile 14 from Portland. It was there back in 1969 when I checked. This were set down every mile along Stark about 150 years ago. Stark led to the Stark St. Ferry, which was the only way to cross the Willamette River back then, before they built the bridges in Portland. The Community College has put up a sign at that corner and surrounded it with rocks and other landscaping. But no sign of the historic mile stone. You would think that the administrators of a college of all people would have some respect for history!

Double-A

Another great sunny day.Wearing short sleeve shirt.Wensday senior center closed. Have not been sailing,so I;ll go to Huntington Beach.Hope Sandy is not working.TreBert
Old November 8th 15, 09:51 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, November 7, 2015 at 2:46:30 PM UTC-8, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

Another great sunny day.Wearing short sleeve shirt.Wensday senior center closed. Have not been sailing,so I;ll go to Huntington Beach.Hope Sandy is not working.TreBert

One minute pouring rain here, the next minute sunshine! Typical Oregon weather. Had to break off watching the Steelers vs. Raiders game and dash out into pouring rain to catch the bus to go to this library. Buses are few and long between on Sundays. Got to the transit center and the rain had stopped, so I headed straight out on the 5 block walk to the library. Cutting through a usual shortcut through a parking lot, I came upon a lake that was hard to get around. Then there were more lakes! Then it started raining again. But here I am at the library at last.

It is 51F here in Gresham now as of 1:45 AM PST. Calm but very wet!

Looks like the Steelers just won that game with a 50 yard field goal.

Double-A

Old November 9th 15, 10:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

The usual 51F as of 2:45 PM PST here in Gresham. Some sun through clouds. Rained earlier. Feels like a refrigerator outside, but at least still not like a freezer.

Thanksgiving will be coming up soon. It brings memories of grandma and pumpkin pie.

Double-A

Old November 10th 15, 08:29 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

Cloudy, dry, wind 5 mph out of the SW, and only 47F as of 12:30 PM here in Gresham. Winter is getting closer.

Double-A

Old November 11th 15, 12:27 AM posted to alt.astronomy
notroll2015
external usenet poster

"Double-A" wrote in message

Cloudy, dry, wind 5 mph out of the SW, and only 47F as of 12:30 PM here in
Gresham. Winter is getting closer.

Double-A

When Hagar is facing west, he's often the source of a very mean, foul
smelling east wind.

Notroll2015

Old November 11th 15, 01:36 AM posted to alt.astronomy
notroll2015
external usenet poster

AT LEAST I DON'T SMELL LIKE CAMEL ****.

NoTroll2015

"Saul Levy" wrote in message
news
****ING TROLL****: YOU STINK EVEN WHEN THERE IS NO WIND!

Saul Levy

On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 18:27:19 -0600, "Notroll2015"
wrote:

"Double-A" wrote in message

Cloudy, dry, wind 5 mph out of the SW, and only 47F as of 12:30 PM here in
Gresham. Winter is getting closer.

Double-A

When Hagar is facing west, he's often the source of a very mean, foul
smelling east wind.

Notroll2015

Old November 12th 15, 10:46 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

Light drizzle and 47F as of 2:45 PM PST here in Gresham. Breeze out of the south. Expected to get a little warmer by tomorrow. A wet weekend ahead.

Had a slight earthquake in the area overnight.

Lunch with Kim yesterday at the Chinese Garden Buffet. She gave me a feather filled blanket that she had sewed up herself to keep me warm. I try to save money by not using the electric heat.

Double-A

Old November 13th 15, 09:18 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

A toasty 58F today here in Gresham as of 1:15 PM PST. Wind out of the south at 13 mph (on this Friday the 13th). More rain in the forecast.

Saw Dana again at Safeway. She is still working in produce.

Double-A