Saturn V 2nd/3rd stage photos

Old July 17th 09, 08:48 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jud McCranie[_2_]

Default Saturn V 2nd/3rd stage photos

Are there any photos taken from the ground of a Saturn V 2nd/3rd stage
staging? (I can't remember seeing any.)
--
Replace you know what by j to email
Old July 18th 09, 08:37 PM posted to sci.space.history
Damon Hill[_4_]

Jud McCranie wrote in
:

Are there any photos taken from the ground of a Saturn V 2nd/3rd stage
staging? (I can't remember seeing any.)

Probably not; it'd been well out over the Atlantic and way too high
up at that point in the launch. About the only way I can think of
catching images like that would be from a very high altitude aircraft
moving along the ground track. That'd be challenging enough trying
to get a steady image of an object zipping along overhead at nearly
orbital velocity.

--Damon
Old July 19th 09, 02:02 AM posted to sci.space.history
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

In article ,
Damon Hill wrote:

Jud McCranie wrote in
:

Are there any photos taken from the ground of a Saturn V 2nd/3rd stage
staging? (I can't remember seeing any.)

Probably not; it'd been well out over the Atlantic and way too high
up at that point in the launch. About the only way I can think of
catching images like that would be from a very high altitude aircraft
moving along the ground track. That'd be challenging enough trying
to get a steady image of an object zipping along overhead at nearly
orbital velocity.

--Damon

They might have gotten some pictures from a ARIA aircraft.