The Robot Golf Caddie ...

Old September 20th 14, 04:39 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

Default The Robot Golf Caddie ...

A man goes to a public golf course. He approaches the man
behind the counter in the pro shop and says:
"I would like 18 holes of golf and a caddie."

The man behind the counter says:
"The 18 holes of golf is no problem, but all of our caddies are
out on the course ... but - we just received 8 brand new robot
golf caddies. If you're willing to take one with you out on the
course and come back and tell me how well it works, your
round of golf is on me today.”

The golfer obviously accepted the man's offer.

He approached the first tee, looked at the fairway and says:
"I think my driver will do the job."
The robot caddie turned to the man and said: "No sir. Use your
3 wood. A driver is far too much club for this hole."

Hesitantly, the golfer pulled out his 3 wood, made good contact
with the ball, and the ball landed about 10 feet to the right
front of the hole on the green.

The golfer, delighted, turned to the robot and thanked him
for his assistance. And this was the way the rest of the
game went - The robot's suggestions were always correct
and the man's entire game was the best game he had
ever played.

A week passed and excited, the golfer returned to the pro
shop. Upon entering, he turned to the man behind the
counter and said: "I would like 18 holes of golf and one
of those robot golf caddies, please."

The gentleman from behind the counter turned to the man
and said: "Well the 18 holes is no problem. However, we
had to get rid of the robots. We had too many complaints."

"COMPLAINTS? Who in the heck could've complained
about those robots? They were incredible!"

The man sighed and said, "Well, it wasn't their performance.
It was that they were made of shiny silver metal, and the
sun reflecting off them was blinding to other golfers on the
fairway."
The golfer said, "So then why didn't you just paint them black?"

The man nodded sadly and replied: "We did. Then four of them
didn't show up for work, two of them applied for welfare, one
of them robbed the pro-shop, and the other one thinks he's
the President!”

Old September 20th 14, 09:49 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

[...]

And besides, it was probably a "whites only" course.

Double-A

Old September 21st 14, 04:01 AM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

You really think the colour of your skin makes you superior and another inferior?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhE7sgvwipo

Jealousy of the nerd set... against smart black men - we should celebrate our diversity, not be ****ed off by it (and tell lies about it)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sClOP52DAig

Capturing the Imagination of the World
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4Tn5JBt5Bw

What else are we capable of? The essential unity of the Earth is the final gift of Apollo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN-FU8VPoOc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-yqVHrQP2Q

Old September 21st 14, 04:19 AM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Robot Caddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvVK64JyIXM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlMvkNTVhaE

Robot Golf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkK8pjRSPvI

Old September 24th 14, 04:08 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

*** Right Mookster ... it is people like you, using up precious
oxygen and expelling CO2 that are causing Global Warming ...
ooops ... Climate Change ... ooops ... Climate Disruption ...
sorry ... the onset of the next Ice Age.

How's your Thorium Reactor coming along ??

Old September 25th 14, 02:11 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8:08:05 AM UTC-7, Hgar wrote:
*** Right Mookster ... it is people like you, using up precious

oxygen and expelling CO2 that are causing Global Warming ...

ooops ... Climate Change ... ooops ... Climate Disruption ...

sorry ... the onset of the next Ice Age.

How's your Thorium Reactor coming along ??

That mokme can sure get his point across, cant't he peckerwood?

Double-A

Old September 25th 14, 04:22 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Hgar

"Double-A" wrote in message

On Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8:08:05 AM UTC-7, Hgar wrote:
*** Right Mookster ... it is people like you, using up precious

oxygen and expelling CO2 that are causing Global Warming ...

ooops ... Climate Change ... ooops ... Climate Disruption ...

sorry ... the onset of the next Ice Age.

How's your Thorium Reactor coming along ??

That mokme can sure get his point across, cant't he peckerwood?

Double-A

*** You ask him what time it is and he tells you how to
build a watch ...

Old September 25th 14, 07:52 AM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

On Thursday, September 25, 2014 3:08:05 AM UTC+12, Hgar wrote:
*** Right Mookster ... it is people like you, using up precious
oxygen and expelling CO2 that are causing Global Warming ...
ooops ... Climate Change ... ooops ... Climate Disruption ...
sorry ... the onset of the next Ice Age.

I found this in an old engineering book from 1919

http://t.co/uF5ycEIzp2

It seems that carbonic gas (CO2) was measured at 0.04 parts per 100 parts in the atmosphere in 1882 and the value was the accepted one - until something happened in the 1960s... and Keeling's curve became the 'standard' against which all else was measured.

Very interesting if you ask me.

How's your Thorium Reactor coming along ??

India will have it running in 2016. Thanks for asking.

http://www.itheo.org/articles/world%...actor-designed

You know they just orbited a satellite around Mars don't you? Fascinating country, very advanced compared to the USA - and very forward looking too!

See what happens when you don't waste ALL you energies on military madness?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czUx2gvjdJk
Old September 25th 14, 10:34 AM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

What are you looking for?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKqdePEwEkc

Golf in space Craig Fink Space Station 4 November 26th 06 10:07 PM
Woodworking is like Golf saur Astronomy Misc 0 June 27th 06 11:10 AM
Woodworking is like Golf K. A. Cannon Astronomy Misc 0 June 27th 06 07:23 AM
Pink Caddie... Double-A Misc 2 November 5th 04 07:10 AM
Pink Caddie... Opera Maestro Misc 2 November 5th 04 12:33 AM