We are entering the Twilight zone

Old January 2nd 12, 05:46 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
uncarollo

Default We are entering the Twilight zone

Want to know what Iowa GOP voters really believe in?

A few "Statement of Principles" from the Iowa Republican Platform:

# 2.08 We support the definition of manure as a natural fertilizer.

# 3.16 We call for the repeal of all mandatory minimum wage laws.

#4.27 We believe that Intelligent Design theory, or Creationism,
should be included with all science instruction along with the
Darwinian theory.

#4.32 We believe that voluntary teacher or student led prayer shall
not be restricted in public schools. The use of the Bible as a
textbook should be allowed.

#4.40 We oppose the teaching of homosexual behavior as a normal or
acceptable lifestyle in our public schools.

#4.42 We oppose the “Bullying Law”.

#5.04 We believe that claims of human caused global warming are based
on fraudulent, inaccurate information.

#7.06 We oppose any effort to implement Islamic Shariah law in this
country.

#7.27 We oppose unconstitutional “hate crime” laws.

#11.08 We support “Don’t Ask Don’t Tell.”

Yes, you have just entered the Twilight Zone...
Old January 2nd 12, 06:44 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Mon, 2 Jan 2012 09:46:17 -0800 (PST), uncarollo
wrote:

A few "Statement of Principles" from the Iowa Republican Platform:
Yes, you have just entered the Twilight Zone...

Do not insult the Twilight Zone. It was generally far more intelligent
and rational than these Iowa "Republicans".

These guys seem more like something you'd find in Alice in Wonderland,
although I wouldn't want to insult that, either.
Old January 2nd 12, 08:12 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
David Staup

wrote:

A few "Statement of Principles" from the Iowa Republican Platform:
Yes, you have just entered the Twilight Zone...

Do not insult the Twilight Zone. It was generally far more intelligent
and rational than these Iowa "Republicans".

These guys seem more like something you'd find in Alice in Wonderland,
although I wouldn't want to insult that, either.

chuckle, from one who is a master of "cultivated ignorance" (see Aquinas), I
find you remarks always amusing.......chuckle

Old January 2nd 12, 08:44 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Mon, 2 Jan 2012 14:12:15 -0600, "David Staup"
wrote:

chuckle, from one who is a master of "cultivated ignorance" (see Aquinas), I
find you remarks always amusing.......chuckle

If you don't find it VERY scary that there are people running for
major office, or supporting candidates for major office, and who have
these views (most of them... a few are valid political points that
reasonable people can disagree about), then there is something very
wrong with you. It means you are part of the problem.
Old January 2nd 12, 08:59 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

wrote:
chuckle, from one who is a master of "cultivated ignorance" (see Aquinas), I
find you remarks always amusing.......chuckle

If you don't find it VERY scary that there are people running for
major office, or supporting candidates for major office, and who have
these views (most of them... a few are valid political points that
reasonable people can disagree about), then there is something very
wrong with you. It means you are part of the problem.

The people who couldn't match one 24 hour rotation of the Earth and
one day/night cycle and keep them in tandem with the 1461 days
enclosed in 4 orbital circuits of the Earth.Now that is a problem !,17
billion a year paid to NASA is probably 16.9 billion too much,the
remainder should be paid to astronomers who really are serious about
astronomy.
Old January 2nd 12, 10:02 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
uncarollo

wrote:
chuckle, from one who is a master of "cultivated ignorance" (see Aquinas), I
find you remarks always amusing.......chuckle

If you don't find it VERY scary that there are people running for
major office, or supporting candidates for major office, and who have
these views (most of them... a few are valid political points that
reasonable people can disagree about), then there is something very
wrong with you. It means you are part of the problem.

It's more serious than that. Conservatives used to be responsible
people who worked for the betterment of the nation. Now we have Neo-
Conservatives, who work mainly for the betterment of large
corporations, who have zero moral attachment to this country any more
since most of them are multi-nationals. These corporations hide their
profits off-shore and pay no taxes on profits made here in the U.S.,
leaving the middle class to pick up their share of the burden. More
and more middle class wages are falling, federal taxes paid are at
historic lows, federal income versus GDP is lowest ever, and the debt
keeps rising as a result.

They also seem to have zero interest in real conservative policies,
that of conserving the environment, which if depleted or destroyed
cannot be replaced. House Republicans voted 191 times last year to
undermine existing environmental protections or reject Democratic
efforts to strengthen them — even killing off a modest regulation
requiring more energy efficient light bulbs — and in general have
vowed to resist new energy strategies or do anything at all that might
disturb their patrons in the fossil fuel industries.
Old January 2nd 12, 10:11 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Jan 2, 12:59*pm, oriel36 wrote:

The people who couldn't match one 24 hour rotation of the Earth and
one day/night cycle and keep them in tandem with the 1461 days
enclosed in 4 orbital circuits of the Earth.Now that is a problem !

No, that's not a problem at all. One 24 hour rotation of the Earth
(with respect to the sun) is essentially the same as one day/night
cycle, and there are 1461 of them in 4 orbital cycles, and everyone
knows this... so what's the problem?

\Paul A
Old January 2nd 12, 10:16 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Mon, 2 Jan 2012 12:59:07 -0800 (PST), oriel36
wrote:

The people who couldn't match one 24 hour rotation of the Earth and
one day/night cycle and keep them in tandem with the 1461 days
enclosed in 4 orbital circuits of the Earth.Now that is a problem...

I'll bet we could get these Iowa "Republicans" to add a plank to their
platform supporting an even 365 day year, and a 24-hour sidereal day.
Neither are more absurd then some of their other ones. Maybe make pi
equal to three while they're at it, too!
Old January 2nd 12, 10:49 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

wrote:
The people who couldn't match one 24 hour rotation of the Earth and
one day/night cycle and keep them in tandem with the 1461 days
enclosed in 4 orbital circuits of the Earth.Now that is a problem...

I'll bet we could get these Iowa "Republicans" to add a plank to their
platform supporting an even 365 day year, and a 24-hour sidereal day.
Neither are more absurd then some of their other ones. Maybe make pi
equal to three while they're at it, too!

There are 366 days from Mar 1st 2011 until Feb 29th 2012,the reason
being that the previous 3 years of 365 days omit the 1/4 rotation's
worth of orbital motion which creeps through March 1st year one
year,in an orbital frame as it takes 365 1/4 days to make a circuit of
the Sun the Earth finished one circuit at roughly 6 AM March 1st
2009,finished the next one at 12 noon March 1st 2010,the next circuit
at 6 PM March 1st 2011 and would drift towards Mar 2nd 2012 but the
ingenuity of one 24 hour rotation of February 29th stalls that
progress so that the system and the frameworks return roughly into
sync and the next orbital circuit will end at 6 AM Mar 1st 2013.

No group of people believed in anything other than 3 years of 365
rotations and 1 year of 366 rotations with the exception of your kind
which accepts only 1465 rotations enclosed in 4 orbital circuits -

"The Earth spins on its axis about 366 and 1/4 times each year, but
there are only 365 and 1/4 days per year." Goddard Space Center

Old January 3rd 12, 04:28 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

In article
Davoud:
It means "We support the right of farmers to dump unlimited quantities
of animal manure into rivers, streams, and lakes, which is why we also
pledge to abolish the Environmental Protection Agency."

I think we all know that no "natural" substance could possibly be
harmful to our waterways, right?

uncarollo:
Botulism is also a naturally occuring substance, so it could not
possibly be harmful, yes?

Depends. Does megabusiness find it profitable to dump botulism into the
water supply? If they do, then they'll do their worst. It is profitable
to pour mercury into the atmosphere and the waterways, and the robber
barons have fought EPA regulation of mercury, atom by atom.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm