How the hell can you have a human Mars mission when......

Old August 30th 03, 07:20 PM
Brian Thorn

Default How the hell can you have a human Mars mission when......

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 07:46:51 -1000 (TAHT), "Hal Klingman"
wrote:

they can't even launch a tin can into orbit and get it back in one
piece without turning the astronauts into char-B-Q?

"How the hell are we going to get to the moon when we can't even talk
between two or three buildings?"

- Gus Grissom,
January 27, 1967

"Houston, Tranquility Base here... The Eagle has landed."

- Neil Armstrong,
July 20, 1969
Old August 31st 03, 03:03 PM
Christopher

wrote:

they can't even launch a tin can into orbit and get it back in one
piece without turning the astronauts into char-B-Q?

Attention chatters, we have another potential asshole in the room,
will all members please activate there alert button immediately, let
us now get rid of this ****ing jerk outta here. Thank you.

Christopher
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
"Kites rise highest against
the wind - not with it."
Winston Churchill
Old August 31st 03, 06:25 PM
jeff findley

"Hal Klingman" writes:

they can't even launch a tin can into orbit and get it back in one
piece without turning the astronauts into char-B-Q?

Doesn't matter. Congress will give NASA the funds to try a thing, so
it's pointless to argue if NASA is even capable of such an
undertaking. The last thing Congress wants to do is to spend
multi-tens of billions of dollars on another NASA mega-project.

Jeff
--
Remove "no" and "spam" from email address to reply.
If it says "This is not spam!", it's surely a lie.
Old August 31st 03, 06:28 PM
jeff findley

wrote:
they can't even launch a tin can into orbit and get it back in one
piece without turning the astronauts into char-B-Q?

"How the hell are we going to get to the moon when we can't even talk
between two or three buildings?"

- Gus Grissom,
January 27, 1967

"Houston, Tranquility Base here... The Eagle has landed."

- Neil Armstrong,
July 20, 1969

Of course, by this time Grissom, White, and Chaffee were all dead.

Jeff