Daytime McNaught - 2 attachments

Old January 15th 07, 04:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Skywise

Default Daytime McNaught - 2 attachments

After many evenings and one morning trying to see McNaught, I
finally caught it - in broad daylight. After hearing that
others have done it I gave it a shot.

Since I have an old scope with manual setting circles, I had
to center on the sun to reset my circles. Then, first, I moved
to Venus because I've seen her in daylight before so I knew
what to expect. This confirmed my navigations skills via the
setting circles were still good. I normally star hop.

So, then I move to McNaught's co-ordinates and wham! There it
is!! I'm not practiced at determining brightness, but it
appeared about twice as bright as Venus, albeit fuzzier. I
could even make out some of the tail.

However, it was telescope only. Couldn't find either the comet
nor Venus naked eye. I've seen Venus with Mk. 1's several times
so was surprised I couldn't this time.

Anyway, I used my home made digital camara mount to take some
pics. Here's the best one. First au natural, then enhanced.

Taken at 2:24 PM Pacific time from the LA area.

Brian
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4547crop.JPG
Views:	381
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	345  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4547cropprocessed.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	346
Old January 15th 07, 05:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George[_1_]

"Skywise" wrote in message
[...]

Good job, Brian. I suspect I'll not get to see this one. Still raining
here.

George

Daytime obs of Comet McNaught Ron Lee Amateur Astronomy 2 January 13th 07 10:26 PM
Daytime McNaught from 42N Stephen Paul Amateur Astronomy 7 January 13th 07 05:57 AM
daytime astronomy bill Misc 2 December 5th 06 01:27 AM
Daytime Venus? [email protected] UK Astronomy 4 December 20th 05 02:36 PM
Place to post images as attachments mlm Astronomy Misc 6 March 9th 04 11:51 PM