Doug Reynolds Completes His Dream Scope

Old February 19th 05, 11:34 PM
Dawn Baird-Chleborad

Default Doug Reynolds Completes His Dream Scope

When my husband and I are not working on Woden stuff we donate a lot of time
to our local astronomy society. Cary runs a free telescope workshop where he
shows folks how to build, repair or use their telescopes free of charge. He
often mentors folks through the entire process of building their own
telescopes.

Recently, one of Cary's students finished a BEAUTIFUL telescope and we
documented the journey. It took me forever to put all these photos together
and get the page up (The scope was actually finished well over a month
ago)...

Anyway, here is a photo-documentary of the building of Doug's scope. Enjoy!
(And let me know if I have any errors like broken links or something like
that. I never seem to get it perfect! *rassinfrassin...* ;-)

http://fullmoon.telescopebuilding.com/dougreynolds.html

Thanks!

Dawn Baird-Chleborad
www.wodenoptics.com
www.astronerds.com

Old February 20th 05, 12:02 AM
Richard F.L.R.Snashall

Dawn Baird-Chleborad wrote:

Anyway, here is a photo-documentary of the building of Doug's scope. Enjoy!
(And let me know if I have any errors like broken links or something like
that. I never seem to get it perfect! *rassinfrassin...* ;-)

http://fullmoon.telescopebuilding.com/dougreynolds.html

Thanks!

Dawn Baird-Chleborad

And he didn't have to give his wife roses???;-)
Old February 20th 05, 12:08 AM

Dawn Baird-Chleborad wrote:
[...]
Anyway, here is a photo-documentary of the building of Doug's scope.

Enjoy!
(And let me know if I have any errors like broken links or something

like
that. I never seem to get it perfect! *rassinfrassin...* ;-)

http://fullmoon.telescopebuilding.com/dougreynolds.html

Super!

In the "Fan Installation" section you might want to change "Sautering
is
included in the lesson" to be "Soldering ..."

:-)

Old February 20th 05, 12:26 AM
Dawn Baird-Chleborad

Egads! Thank you! I have uploaded the change before too many people see what
a dork I am! (Not like I can hide it anyway but I try! ;-)

Dawn Baird-Chleborad
www.wodenoptics.com
www.astronerds.com

Old February 20th 05, 07:00 AM
WPF

Egads! Thank you! I have uploaded the change before too many people see

what
a dork I am! (Not like I can hide it anyway but I try! ;-)

We all know what a dork you are, whoever you are, or whatever.

Old February 23rd 05, 03:37 PM
vic20owner

Anyway, here is a photo-documentary of the building of Doug's scope. Enjoy!
(And let me know if I have any errors like broken links or something like
that. I never seem to get it perfect! *rassinfrassin...* ;-)

http://fullmoon.telescopebuilding.com/dougreynolds.html

One suggestion... for the bare end of the tube, try taking a piece of
fuel line from the autoparts store, split lengthwise one side of it with
a razor (so the cross section looks like the letter C ) and then slip it
over the end of the tube, match up the ends snugly, and glue in place.
This will provide a nice solid rubber ring around the end of the tube
which can't be chipped, dinged, or scratched when moving the scope
around. It's also good to hang on to.

-tom
Old February 24th 05, 07:09 AM
Martha Ayscough duPontabela

I like her, rather. We might go antiquie hunting together to avoid the crowd
Antiques Road Show, and all that.