The Expanding Earth and Mind and other paradox

Old August 20th 06, 03:36 AM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.physics,sci.astro,talk.origins
J. Taylor[_2_]

Default The Expanding Earth and Mind and other paradox

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 16:28:15 -0700, Timberwoof
wrote:

In article
,
(Charles Cagle) wrote:

In article , Jonathan
Silverlight wrote:

In message
,
Charles Cagle writes

nonsense snipped

Earth growth is cyclic and does not take aeons.

The problem with this sort of pseudo-scientific nonsense is that its
last point is easily disproved by observations of the Moon.

An absolutely empty claim.

I'd say that "earth growth" is an empty claim,

Easily proven false. The question in no one's mind but yours, is not
whether the Earth has grown, but the rate and at what points in time.

as is "is cyclic and does
not take aeons".

Post a list of Earth size and mass for every 50 million years since the
initial formation.

There are a limited number of possibilities

Same size same mass
Same size more mass
Same size less mass

Larger size same mass
Larger size more mass
Larger size less mass

Smaller size same mass
Smaller size more mass
Smaller size less mass

Explain where the mass came from and explain how it
acquired its correct chemical and dynamic properties.

Explaining where the mass came from is possible, the correct chemical
and dynamic properties is an impossibility since it assumes every time
a particular process is run it will produce the exact same results.
The fact there are differences in the planets shows variables. If
this is not true every class M sun should have exactly the same solar
system as this one and is not observed.

The length
of the day is accurately known back to about 400 million years.

Reasonable discourse requires that you know when you are articulating a
fact vs. a highly speculative opinion. You don't. The reality is that
you should consider that the existence of a mass generation mechanism
means that the very foundational basis of the radiometric dating of rock
has no merit.

So what is the mass generation mechanism?

The first order question is why even look? Because the surface of the
Earth shows it has gotten bigger.

And spare me the reply PT explains everything and there is no reason
to look, because that just is not so.

A recent
paper looks at the orbit soon after the Moon (and the Earth) formed
http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/short/313/5787/652 Therefore the
mass of the Earth-Moon system has remained roughly the same as it is
now.

What you accept as authoritative is generally without any true scientific
merit.

If the Earth increased its mass, how then did this affect the moon's
orbit?

It will effect it substantially, especially if we make the assumption
what happens to the Earth is something in isolation not effecting
anything else and is absurd, because it assumes the Earth is special.

And we don't need any exotic theories, because plate tectonics is a
reality and has probably been active for 3 billion years
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v442/n7102/edsumm/e060803-13.html
Geological evidence for a geologist, Don.

What a silly question.. I'm not turning to the bible for proofs but for
hints. I can get hints of solar radiation scorching the earth from the
ancient Greek legend of Phaeton. It isn't proof but it points to the
truth. Likely solar flaring came to ground level during a dipole
reversal. Same thing happened anciently all over the world. See William
Toppings work on paleoindian sites that show 70,000-80,000 high energy
proton track per cm^2 in chert tailings from resharpening arrow and spear
heads. A solar flare came right down to ground level and according to
Topping probably reset all the radiocarbon clocks in the region (Northern
Michigan) by at least 10,000 years. That could only happen during the
period when the Earth's dipole magnetic field was down.

You don't include a citation for Topping's work, probably because you
seem to be misrepresenting what he and Richard Firestone are saying. So
here is one
http://abob.libs.uga.edu/bobk/nuclear.html

Don't always assume the worst about people. My failure to provide a
citation doesn't mean a thing.

The general failure of earth expansionists to provide any kind of
history of size/mass or any kind of mechanism for the appearance of mass
means that the hypothesis is dead.

This is only true if you have all the answers, which you don't.

snip

You only demonstrate your propensity to be a sheep. Consensus is the
foundation of your belief system. Science, actual science which is about
knowledge, not opinion is the thing that you should be keying in on. It
shouldn't matter if an idea is widely accepted. Galilio's ideas were not
widely accepted at one point. So according to your standards his ideas
weren't science while the Ptolmaic system was. It is grevious that there
is such confusion about what is scientific.

They also laughed at Bozo.

Galileo's claims were always experimentally verifiable. Here, look in
this telescope.

So is the evidence for expansion

But the claims made by earth expansionists are not.

Wrong!

Whenever I ask,
"Where does the mass come from" all I get is static about how physics
doesn't know anything and that I'm some kind of sheep for believing it.

All questions are not answered and your willingness to believe they
are shows you to be nothing but an individual with your head up
against the rump in front blindly following.

Old August 20th 06, 03:42 AM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.physics,sci.astro,talk.origins
Charles Cagle

In article .com,
"Stuart" wrote:

Charles Cagle wrote:
In article , Jonathan
Silverlight wrote:

In message
,
Charles Cagle writes

nonsense snipped

Earth growth is cyclic and does not take aeons.

The problem with this sort of pseudo-scientific nonsense is that its
last point is easily disproved by observations of the Moon.

An absolutely empty claim.

Only if one can't fathom basic classical physics Chuckie..

The length
of the day is accurately known back to about 400 million years.

Reasonable discourse requires that you know when you are articulating a
fact vs. a highly speculative opinion.

Chuckie, I'm still waiting your refutation of George Williams' works.

And I know you have the references.

You don't. The reality is that
you should consider that the existence of a mass generation mechanism

These is no more reason to consdier that there is to consider the
existence of pink unicorns and what that means for evolution.

means that the very foundational basis of the radiometric dating of rock
has no merit.

So Chuckie, not that spacecraft have collided with a comet, do you
still claim they are simply whirling magnetotorids?

Another Chucky claim up in flames?

A recent
paper looks at the orbit soon after the Moon (and the Earth) formed
http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/short/313/5787/652 Therefore the
mass of the Earth-Moon system has remained roughly the same as it is
now.

What you accept as authoritative is generally without any true

scientific merit.

That was about as substantial as most of your refutations.

By the way, hows that Sky-Blue reactor project of yours coming?

Stuart

Grow up Stuart.... That you call me "Chucky" or "Chuckie", just shows how
juvenile you are... I was thinking that if I was gone for a couple of
years that you might miraculously mature. But I see not I gave you a
benefit of the doubt that you didn't deserve.

First, I've never claimed that comets are simply whirling magnetotoroids.
Your retranslation of what I did actually write doesn't obligate me to
correct you. I've claimed that some comets have at their core an
electromagnetotoroid that can be stimulated into mode changes during the
times we've been able to observe them. Cometary outbursts, sudden tail
dropping, and extreme ion trail signatures that were never expected to be
found are good clues. That they have bow shocks that are similar to what
a satellite might encounter as it runs into a planetary magnetic field is
another clue. But if one can't possibly imagine how a small body might
have a magnetic field then one isn't necessarily even going to equip a
probe with all of the necessary instrumentation.

There is a good reason to think that a mass generation mechanism might
exist but you have to be little ahead of the intelligence curve here
.....and you're not. You're a rule learner, Stuart. You're good at that
and the academic community has been taken over by people of that mien.
You're good worker ants...excelling in regurgitating what you believe is
authoritative ..but true talent in critical thinking is not your forte and
is quite beyond you. You really should stay out of the arguments because
your usefulness as a foil is just about over.

I have no idea of who George Williams might be or why I would have an
interest in refuting his works. The fact that you claim that you know
that I have references with regard to him is ludicrous and presumes that
you have access to my personal collections of references on various
subjects and the fact is, there is no truth in that at all. Besides being
antagonistic you seem to be just as dishonest today as you were several
years ago. Why don't you tell me about him?

As far as my own work or technology, Stuart...that's actually none of your
concern now is it? Are you one of my investors? No... you're not...so my
obligation to keep you informed is only in your own deranged thinking.

--
for email delete underscores
"I sought the fount of fire in hollow reed Hid privily,

Old August 20th 06, 04:17 AM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.physics,sci.astro,talk.origins
Timberwoof

In article
,
(Charles Cagle) wrote:

In article . com, "Ken
Shackleton" wrote:

Charles Cagle wrote:
In article . com, "Ken
Shackleton" wrote:

don findlay wrote:
Petra wrote:

Have you ever heard that saying "As above, so below?"

Hey Petra, ..we've covered the woof's bowels, ..leave him alone...
(!)

For those of us who are true believers at least we know
there is something of greater intelligence than what's here
on Earth.

Oh, boy, now that's really scientific.

Petra

Don....you didn't answer the question about where the mass comes from.
You have been asked that before and I have yet to hear an answer from
anyone.

So...in an expanding earth...where does the mass come from?

How about from an an electromagnetic process that introduces new geometry
into the universe?

Show us the math. Show us equations that describe the process in such a
way that physicists could reproduce it.

Where does a new thought come from? If matter is
entirely relational like Lee Smolin postulates below... why must you
insist that it is somehow created out of something that must come from
somewhere as if its primary ingredients had to exist before it appeared?

Uh ... because it behaves that way everywhere else, and the alternative
is magic?

Ok...fine....don't explain where the mass comes from then.

I could explain the origin of mass... but not in terms of 'where it comes
from' if implicit in that question to which you're attempting to find the
answer is some antecedent form of matter or energy that you require or
insist that subsequent forms (the created matter) must have been derived
from.

Well, I guess that wraps it up for expecting a rational answer out of
you. And now for the ad-hominem attack on the one asking the question...

And then, my explanation might be in terms, so simple that your
complex adulterated thinking cannot and will not stoop down to grasp.

And instead of providing that simple explanation, you prevaricate.

The
trip to the Truth isn't like you think... it first begins with you
realizing that you don't know squat. But as long as you have a storehouse
of psuedoknowledge that you think you know for sure simply because you're
a typical rule learner and have never had a heart to actually know the
truth... you simply cannot be taught. The clue from Lee Smolin could have
got you thinking but instead of cogitating on what he was suggesting it
became more suitable for your egotistal mind to simply eruct a flippant
response.

You don't have a clue either, and you hope that you can trick someone
smarter than you into coming up with the answer for you.

Face it fellow, the truth isn't for you. You're firewood,
you're simply a prop, a weed, a tare that was made as a heuristic teaching
device; the destruction of which is for the instruction of others who
really are on their way to the truth. If you can demonstrate that you
actually have a heart to learn then I'm sure you'll find a way to show
that. In the meanwhile...go away, will you?

Just in case "too simple for you to comprehend" won't work, back it up
with "too esoteric for you to comprehend."

--
Timberwoof me at timberwoof dot com
http://www.timberwoof.com

Old August 20th 06, 04:40 AM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.physics,sci.astro,talk.origins
Bill Snyder

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 02:36:59 GMT, "J. Taylor"
wrote:

[nothing of interest to anyone sane]

If you're going to sock-puppet, Cackles, you really ought to learn how
to fake the headers.

--
Bill Snyder [This space unintentionally left blank.]

Old August 20th 06, 04:53 AM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.physics,sci.astro,talk.origins
J. Taylor

wrote:

[nothing of interest to anyone sane]

Not that you supplied any evidence you would know!

If you're going to sock-puppet, Cackles, you really ought to learn how
to fake the headers.

Strike two, wrong again!

JT

--
Bill Snyder [This space unintentionally left blank.]

Old August 20th 06, 05:38 AM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.physics,sci.astro,talk.origins
Ken Shackleton

Charles Cagle wrote:
In article . com, "Ken
Shackleton" wrote:

Charles Cagle wrote:
In article . com, "Ken
Shackleton" wrote:

don findlay wrote:
Petra wrote:
Timberwoof wrote:

Have you ever heard that saying "As above, so below?"

Hey Petra, ..we've covered the woof's bowels, ..leave him alone... (!)

For those of us
who are true believers at least we know there is something of greater
intelligence than what's here on Earth.

Petra

Don....you didn't answer the question about where the mass comes from.
You have been asked that before and I have yet to hear an answer from
anyone.

So...in an expanding earth...where does the mass come from?

How about from an an electromagnetic process that introduces new geometry
into the universe? Where does a new thought come from? If matter is
entirely relational like Lee Smolin postulates below... why must you
insist that it is somehow created out of something that must come from
somewhere as if its primary ingredients had to exist before it appeared?

Ok...fine....don't explain where the mass comes from then.

I could explain the origin of mass... but not in terms of 'where it comes
from' if implicit in that question to which you're attempting to find the
answer is some antecedent form of matter or energy that you require or
insist that subsequent forms (the created matter) must have been derived
from. And then, my explanation might be in terms, so simple that your
complex adulterated thinking cannot and will not stoop down to grasp.

Try me....what is your evidence for an earth that has increased its
mass 8x in the past 300 million years? I don't care about where it came
from, I just would like a list of measureable effects that you can
point to that indicate that the earth has become more massive.

The trip to the Truth isn't like you think... it first begins with you
realizing that you don't know squat. But as long as you have a storehouse
of psuedoknowledge that you think you know for sure simply because you're
a typical rule learner and have never had a heart to actually know the
truth... you simply cannot be taught.

So I need to abandon all I know in order to learn something new? That's
looney.

The clue from Lee Smolin could have
got you thinking but instead of cogitating on what he was suggesting it
became more suitable for your egotistal mind to simply eruct a flippant
response.

It seems like a reasonable request to me.

Face it fellow, the truth isn't for you. You're firewood,
you're simply a prop, a weed, a tare that was made as a heuristic teaching
device; the destruction of which is for the instruction of others who
really are on their way to the truth. If you can demonstrate that you
actually have a heart to learn then I'm sure you'll find a way to show
that. In the meanwhile...go away, will you?

Go away? What's the matter....the question too tough for you?

Try this then...what empirical evidence exists that shows that the
earth has become more massive over time on a scale sufficient to
explain the proposed doubling of the radius over the past 300 million
years....that would be a 8x increase in mass....or additional mass of
5.25 x 10^24 kgs....that works out to [if my math was accurate] about
2x10^12 kgs of additional mass every hour for the past 300 million
years.

That's 2 billion tonnes per hour....

What evidence is there that the earth has gained this additional mass
every hour for the last 300 million years?

³To understand what we mean when we
say that space is discrete, we must put our
minds completely into the relational way
of thinking, and really try to see and feel
the world around us as nothing but a
network of evolving relationships. These
relationships are not among things
situated in space * they are among the
events that make up the history of the
world. The relationships define the space,
not the other way around.² (Smolin, 96)

Charles Cagle

Old August 20th 06, 07:11 AM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.physics,sci.astro,talk.origins
J. Taylor[_2_]

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 21:17:22 -0700, Timberwoof

"J. Taylor" wrote:

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 16:28:15 -0700, Timberwoof
wrote:

In article
,
(Charles Cagle) wrote:

In article , Jonathan
Silverlight wrote:

In message
,
Charles Cagle writes

nonsense snipped

Earth growth is cyclic and does not take aeons.

The problem with this sort of pseudo-scientific nonsense is that its
last point is easily disproved by observations of the Moon.

An absolutely empty claim.

I'd say that "earth growth" is an empty claim,

Easily proven false.

Well, then. Let's hear it.

If it has NOT grown larger then it MUST have been the same size
ALWAYS!

The very fact it gained an ounce of space dust today proves it was NOT
ALWAYS the same size.

Not what you meant? Then try thinking first!

The question in no one's mind but yours, is not
whether the Earth has grown, but the rate and at what points in time.

Yeah, I've been asking that question for a while now, and no one has
answered it.

And is just a lie.

as is "is cyclic and does
not take aeons".

Post a list of Earth size and mass for every 50 million years since the
initial formation.

There are a limited number of possibilities

Same size same mass
Same size more mass
Same size less mass

Larger size same mass
Larger size more mass
Larger size less mass

Smaller size same mass
Smaller size more mass
Smaller size less mass

No ****, Sherlock. How about a real answer to the question, then? While
you're at it, how did the core, mantle, and crust grow over this period?
It's not a hard question, and the answer would seem to me to be central
to the whole hypothesis.

No! What is central to expansion is whether the surface of the Earth
supports it. It does!

Explain where the mass came from and explain how it
acquired its correct chemical and dynamic properties.

Explaining where the mass came from is possible, the correct chemical
and dynamic properties is an impossibility since it assumes every time
a particular process is run it will produce the exact same results.

Well, that is how science works.

Science does not produce correct results, it is about reproducing the
same results, correct results are moral judgments for true believers.

The fact there are differences in the planets shows variables. If
this is not true every class M sun should have exactly the same solar
system as this one and is not observed.

Duuh. That's a result of two things: the sun is a class G star (or are
you thinking of Class M planets?) and planet formation is a chaotic
process.

Nope, just wrong, class G, and how does chaotic then require expansion
to then have to be precise?

I think you don't understand the question, though, otherwise you would
not have deflected the conversation to planetary formation.

The question I have is this: If the Earth is gaining mass, then how
does that mass so nicely fit in with existing geochemistry -- that is,
how come the whole planet isn't homogeneous? And each new atom would
have to have all the right movement vectors so that the Earth can
continue to rotate and orbit the sun.

Because it does!

The length
of the day is accurately known back to about 400 million years.

Reasonable discourse requires that you know when you are articulating a
fact vs. a highly speculative opinion. You don't. The reality is that
you should consider that the existence of a mass generation mechanism
means that the very foundational basis of the radiometric dating of rock
has no merit.

So what is the mass generation mechanism?

The first order question is why even look? Because the surface of the
Earth shows it has gotten bigger.

You're saying that some magical process has created new mass within the
earth. By implication, it has all the right properties to be
indistinguishable form matter having been there all along. That's pretty
neat and has all sorts of implications or physics and chemistry.

The other alternative is dismiss the evidence to fit with what you
believe. Either the evidence exists or it does not.

Maybe we should examine the evidence to see where it leads.

And spare me the reply PT explains everything and there is no reason
to look, because that just is not so.

PT explains an awful lot about the Earth's surface geology.

It should be half right, it recognize's spreading.

It is better
at it than EE and it has the added advantage of not violating
conservation laws and what's know about matter form physics and
chemistry.

Who should be surprised, those whom do not know anything about it and
are unwilling to objectively examine it would construct situation
which cause it to fail, then hold this up as proof there is no way?

The only thing shocking is the depth of deception.

No reason to look? You're the one telling me there's no reason to look
at the process for generating the additional matter.

Must have missed where I said that.

A recent
paper looks at the orbit soon after the Moon (and the Earth) formed
http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/short/313/5787/652 Therefore the
mass of the Earth-Moon system has remained roughly the same as it is
now.

What you accept as authoritative is generally without any true scientific
merit.

If the Earth increased its mass, how then did this affect the moon's
orbit?

It will effect it substantially, especially if we make the assumption
what happens to the Earth is something in isolation not effecting
anything else and is absurd, because it assumes the Earth is special.

Oh. "A lot." No ****, Sherlock. How much? At what rate? Has anyone
worked out the math?

To do the math requires you know the numbers being plugged in and they
have not changed for the period of time used in the calculation. It
is thought the Universe is expanding and acceleration, but this will
not change the math?

What do you have for evidence the Earth has remained not affected?
Yes, evidence interpreted from the view the Earth has remained the
same size and ignored the evidence, which is considerably greater, it
has increased in size.

[...]

No, I don't have all the answers, but that's not the problem. The
problem is that I have simple questions (and I keep coming up with more)
and the best you can come up with is, 'It id and it affected things a
lot.'

Then you do not know what you are talking about.

snip

You only demonstrate your propensity to be a sheep. Consensus is the
foundation of your belief system. Science, actual science which is about
knowledge, not opinion is the thing that you should be keying in on. It
shouldn't matter if an idea is widely accepted. Galilio's ideas were not
widely accepted at one point. So according to your standards his ideas
weren't science while the Ptolmaic system was. It is grevious that there
is such confusion about what is scientific.

They also laughed at Bozo.

Galileo's claims were always experimentally verifiable. Here, look in
this telescope.

So is the evidence for expansion

No, it's not. How come continents aren't all torn up at the edges and
point in the middle?

Why should they be? Oh yes, because you imagine this is how it must
work.

But the claims made by earth expansionists are not.

Wrong!

So where did the mass come from? If there was some explanation of the
mechanism for that, that could be experimentally verifiable. But you
offer no mechanism, so there can be no verification of that part of the
theory.

Not knowing how something works does not invalidate an observation.

Earth shows expansion

Whenever I ask,
"Where does the mass come from" all I get is static about how physics
doesn't know anything and that I'm some kind of sheep for believing it.

All questions are not answered and your willingness to believe they
are shows you to be nothing but an individual with your head up
against the rump in front blindly following.

Oh, thanks, I needed some clever new ad-hominem attack instead of an
honest answer to my question.

To get an honest answer requires first being honest in seeking the
answer, nothing shows you even hold this as an essential requirement.

So instead of asking you to convince me by providing answers to my
questions, you'd prefer it if I stuck my head up your ass and followed
you blindly?

No!

You know, any real geologist on this ng or elsewhere would answer
questions I asked him. He'd never respond with the kind of insults that
you and Don Findlay are so quick to hand out.

When you stop with the deception you are looking for answers, but
rather validation for what you believe you will be closer to finding
them.

JT

Old August 20th 06, 07:57 AM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.physics,sci.astro
don findlay

Timberwoof wrote:
In article
,
(Charles Cagle) wrote:

You cheapen what you have to say by your dishonesty. Findlay isn't
willing to assume that everything learned over the last two hundred years
about the behavior of mass is wrong.

In fact, he is. I asked him a few months ago where the added mass comes
from and he talked about how we don't really know what mass is.

That's right. Neither we do.

I pointed out that over the past two hundred years or so people had worked
out quite about how mass behaves and that a lot of what expanding earth
demands violates those laws and principles. His response was that
they're obviously wrong.

No it wasn't. I take the view that physics has a future, and that not
everything about mass and how it relates the charge and space is
already known at all. And there are other alternatives to conventional
physics. There comes a point when the science has to move forward.
What is PT based on? The Wet Leg of Archimedes? (And look where that
led us "The crust pushing the mantle down" ... "The mantle pushing the
crust up")

But you're basically saying by
implication...even though we don't truly know the origin of mass nor the
nature of mass nor of charge that there is nothing new more to learn.

No, I'm saying that if you think there is more to learn about mass than
physicists, who have been studying it intensely for quite a while, know,
then you should provide some hard, solid evidence.

They're not "studying mass", ..they're writing papers for career
advancement. If they were "studying mass" they couldn't help but come
up from time to time with revolutionary alternatives (if they're
thinking that is). But they know if they do that they get sidelined.
Happens all the time. It's in the nature of thinking, to come up with
alternatives, some more radical than others. But alternatives are
not welcomed by consensus. They are sticks through the spokes in the
wheel that keep it going round. You have an immature view of what
science and 'study' is about.

Concluding that their
principles‹on which all of the rest of science and engineering have
quite successfully developed‹are wrong because they don't fit in with
your hypothesis implies that physicists don't know anything.

One day, ..one day, ..when you arrive there, ..at the Well at the
World's end, ..it will seem exactly like that. And (when you get
there) you will be the first to acknowledge it.

So. Where does the mass come from? How does it acquire the correct
chemical and dynamic properties?

That's a good question. (Don't forget the electrical/space components
of mass either, ..will you?) But as a geologist, that should not be
your first concern. Your first concern should be to assess the
veracity of the geological evidence, not speculate about where it
leads. First things first. You show too much proclivity to jump to
conclusions, and readiness to rely on what others say, to warrant the
mantle of science.

Old August 20th 06, 08:00 AM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.physics,sci.astro
don findlay

Timberwoof wrote:
In article .com,
"don findlay" wrote:

Nah, ..you've got the wrong end of the stick. Nobody's saying it
started with the opening of the oceans. Once the mantle was
penetrated, it *accellerated*, ..that's all.

Something I have asked for since I got in on this conversation was
essentially a graph of the supposed size of the Earth over the past 4.5
billion years. But nobody has ever provided the information, let alone
any evidence of a mechanism that would explain it, or what the current
rate of expansion is.

That's because there isn't one. You need to make it up. Just think,
Woof, ...that could be your contributution to bespattering the walls of
the Church with blood. All you have to do is *FOCUS*. We expanders
focus on the part since the emplacement of the ocean floors because
that's the most obvious. The next bit is the putting together of what
went before that, before the crustal split reached to the mantle. Now,
the crustal split *DID* reach to the mantle, didn't it? And the
biggest one of all recognised (by Pteros at least) is the Atlantic one.
And there's no gainsaying that was symmetrical with rotation is there?
( Hell, its pivot is centred on the north pole - what more do you
want?) And the one before that is centred on the equator (or also the
poles, if you like). (So more there too). What's that got to do with
'plates' - that move independently? I mean where is the justification
for separating the North American Plate from the South American Plate
in a context of "moving independently about", when they obviously moved
together? Why do you think a chronology would be already available in
Plate Tectonics?

I'll put one together when I've got time, but you might be waiting a
few years.. Why don't you do it, if you're interested? If one were
produced you'd find some way to negate it anyway. Wouldn't you?

Never mind that you can't remember when I first asked the question. So
tell me: how big was the Earth for every 50 million years over the past
4500 million years?

Well it's doubled in the last whenever. That's a start. And it's that
that leads you back to thinkoing that the planet must have been pretty
small to 'begin' with. No bigger ('then') than the Archaean shields, I
reckon.

Imagine keep eating and
getting really, really fat, and then suddenly you can't any more and
you pop and your guts splurge out.

Where does the mass come from?

You mean all that collection of electrical charges and whatever else
supposedly makes up 'mass'. There's an awful lot of space in that
mass. Do you want to know where the space comes from too? Or are you
OK with that?

And keep splurging out. Are you
saying it's OK not to count the getting-fat bit in the damage, but just
count the mess? That's the opiate of the obese. ("..I'm not fat, ..
There's no mess yet." ) ("..Once there's mess, I'll maybe think think
about it, ..maybe, ..) That's a real cop-out! No copping-out
allowed. If you're going to insist on getting fat, you have to count
the eating part, not just the mess. See?

Velikovsky suggested that Jupiter puked Venus. Maybe Earth eats
planetoids to gain the mass it needs to gain weight.

Dunno, ..work on it if you feel there could be something in it. That's
what it's about, ..not reading what Velikovsky or anybody else says..

And the eating bit is the
layers and layers of stratigraphic sequence.

So the new mass gets added on top? That doesn't make sense if the Earth
expanded form the inside.

Of course it does. It's not all going up at the same millimetre rate
like you want your ocean floor growth to be doing, is it. It doesn't
go 'up' at all anyway, ..it goes 'out'. You need to reconfigure your
reference frame away from your feet.

..and
recognise *THAT* for what it is - *THE* opportunity for more research,
..not all those other piddling idiocies that they try to pass off as
Earth Science - Like "Blobtonics", "Mantle Wind", "Ridge-push,"
"Subduction", .."light crust pushing dense mantle down" "mantle suck"
.. etc etc.. idiocies that never go anywhere except round in a
circle.

Especially with your straw-man arguments which you have repeated so many
times you confuse them with facts.

If you or anybody else can come up with a type area for continental
collision for example
http://tinyurl.com/pcuo8
- to go with all the ocean floor dilation - and how that collision is
manifested, we'd all be pretty glad to hear it.

And when you've done that, come up with a global reason how you get
global uplift to preserve the global monty of global stratigraphic
sequence since the Cambrian to preserve it on the continental crust.
Globally.

I don't agree with the premise of global uplift.

Well, that's at least something. There's hope for you yet. Or do you
really mean you don't agree with global drop in sea level? (Careful
now.)

I don't agree with either.

What do you mean? Do you think the sea can drop here without dropping
there? Land is one thing, ..but sea's another.

If you can do that we'll forgive you thinking about why that event
coincided (more or less) with the explosion of life on the planet.

So the Cambrian event happened on Earth 450 million years ago and the
Earth started to expand 250 million years later. I think I can see the
connection.

Take it easy now. Do the simple one first.

Yeah, they both supposedly happened on the same planet.

(Or maybe you'd rather just go and read the book everybody's been
reading for the last half century,

No ... modern articles written in the last half decade or so.

'Modern' articles framed in the current paradigm of plate tectonics are
virtually valueless, serving the interest of careers only, not science.
A science that is built on a theory underpinned by the assumption that
is its conclusion, is *Junk*

That's just a stupid ad-hominem attack. You've got to come up with
something better than that.

It's not ad hominem at all. It's a fact Plate Tectonics is entirely
founded on the assumption that the Earth cannot be getting bigger.
That's why you need to presume a Panthalassa. It's where Plate
Tectonics starts from. From the Panthalassa you get to the subduction
zone (as a carrying down) - and all that crap about the ocean floors
"shrinking" at this side to compensate for it "growing" at that side,
...and "moving" in between. Anybody with half a wit can see that
*displacement* belongs to the continental side - not the oceanic side.