Moon landings

Old June 19th 05, 08:15 PM

Default Moon landings

Have any other missions to the moon been completed since apollo 11?

Old June 20th 05, 07:50 PM
Brian Gaff

Where you been?

Brian

Email:

wrote in message
oups.com...
Have any other missions to the moon been completed since apollo 11?

Old June 20th 05, 08:21 PM
Hud Nordin

In article .com,
wrote:
Have any other missions to the moon been completed since apollo 11?

Apollo 12
Apollo 13 (to the moon, but aborted, no landing)
Apollo 14
Apollo 15
Apollo 16
Apollo 17

The Apollo Program:
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/lunar/apollo.html
--
Hud Nordin Silicon Valley
Old June 21st 05, 02:59 AM
Ian Davis

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:21:22 +0000, Hud Nordin wrote:

In article .com,
wrote:
Have any other missions to the moon been completed since apollo 11?

Apollo 12
Apollo 13 (to the moon, but aborted, no landing)
Apollo 14
Apollo 15
Apollo 16
Apollo 17

The Apollo Program:
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/lunar/apollo.html

This reply is a prime example of the way that many posters operate in this
group: helpful and non-judgmental. Just about anywhere else, this person
would have been flamed out of existence for a question like that.

Ian.
Old June 21st 05, 02:32 PM
Ray Saffin

Also, post Apollo 11, the USSR had several (two?) robotic landing and sample
return missions. They collected some moon rocks for analysis back on earth
(very limited compared to the Apollo hoard though).

Ray

news

Old July 1st 05, 04:02 PM
Andromeda et Julie

Brian Gaff a écrit :
Where you been?

Brian

it s been a long time now, and most people were born after the event

moon landings have become history

and for some people its becoming a kind of myth with all the
approximations involved

speaking for myself , despite I know a lot about the adventure and
science involved, in my mind I can't help inconsciently thinking of it
as 'mythical' facts

I thinks it's because of 2 main reasons
- I haven't lived through it
- It's not been redone ever since

so I really can understand why silly theories like moon hoaxes etc can
gain momentum

so we have to go back to the moon !! otherwise it'd be like we never
been ...

Old July 2nd 05, 07:59 PM
John A. Weeks III

Andromeda et Julie wrote:

speaking for myself , despite I know a lot about the adventure and
science involved, in my mind I can't help inconsciently thinking of it
as 'mythical' facts

I thinks it's because of 2 main reasons
- I haven't lived through it
- It's not been redone ever since

So, is the discovery of North America a myth? Or
how about the existence of the Roman Empire. Maybe
all those broken down buildings in Rome are just a
hoax. And I have never been to London, and never
been there a 2nd time, so London must not exist.

The thing with the moon landings is that you have
to understand the times. We were in a very intense
cold war with the Soviets over space. The moon landings
are perhaps the most widely documented events of the
20th century, on par only with WWII. The Apollo programs
were done in the open in a free society, and the events
were carried live on TV. Had there been the least little
thing go wrong, the Soviets would certainly had exposed
it.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com
Old July 12th 05, 04:10 PM
webboffin webboffin is offline
Junior Member

Well I am English and I know London exists because I have been there and more than once.

Was not so sure that the USA existed until my then future wife came to England.

Of course the Moon landings are genuine. If it is one thing I do believe and I was only 15 months old when the moon landing was on tv but I was far too young to know what a moon was.
We all believed that man has went into space around the Earth. The moon is nothing more than a 3 day ride over to there so what is the difficulty?
Just getting a man out into space solves 99% of the challenge of getting to the moon. Not only that the logic of the methods NASA used to get to the Moon was feasable too.
Old September 12th 05, 10:44 PM
Joseph S. Powell, III

Let's not forget those secret Moon Bases.
Haven't heard of them?
That's cuz they're........secret...

"Ray Saffin" wrote in message
Also, post Apollo 11, the USSR had several (two?) robotic landing and

sample
return missions. They collected some moon rocks for analysis back on earth
(very limited compared to the Apollo hoard though).

Ray

news

wrote:
Have any other missions to the moon been completed since apollo 11?

Apollo 12
Apollo 13 (to the moon, but aborted, no landing)
Apollo 14
Apollo 15
Apollo 16
Apollo 17

The Apollo Program:
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/lunar/apollo.html

This reply is a prime example of the way that many posters operate in

this
group: helpful and non-judgmental. Just about anywhere else, this

person
would have been flamed out of existence for a question like that.

Ian.

ISS needs to go to the MOON, with or w/o crew Brad Guth Policy 1 March 31st 05 12:58 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Astronomy Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge UK Astronomy 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla Misc 10 July 25th 04 02:57 PM
The Apollo Moon Hoax FAQ v4.1 November 2003 Nathan Jones Misc 20 November 11th 03 07:33 PM