EARLY EDUCATION IN EINSTEIN ZOMBIE WORLD

Old October 25th 07, 02:42 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,sci.astro,fr.sci.maths
Pentcho Valev

Default EARLY EDUCATION IN EINSTEIN ZOMBIE WORLD

On 24 Oct, 18:39, Pentcho Valev wrote in
sci.physics.relativity:
On 23 Oct, 15:27, Pentcho Valev wrote:

Singing "Divine
Einstein" and shouting "Einstein! Einstein! He's our man! If he can't
solve it, no one can!" converts youngest Einsteins into "Budding Young
Einsteins" that then undergo somewhat different procedures:

http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/New...ung_Einsteins/
"100 Budding Young Einsteins....100 of the brightest young minds from
over 30 countries across the world (see list below), have earned
positions at the prestigious International Summer School for Young
Physicists (ISSYP) at Canada's Perimeter Institute for Theoretical
Physics (PI). The 16 and 17 year old students will be challenged by
some of the most fascinating ideas in science involving how the
universe works - from the weird quantum world of atoms, to black
holes, warped spacetime and the expanding universe. They will interact
with world-leading scientists, go on lab tours, enjoy social events
and other activities."

So "Budding Young Einsteins" are converted into "Flourishing Young
Einsteins" that will then fight common sense until the end of their
lives:

http://www.geekitude.com/gl/public_h...50422141509987
Brian Greene: "I certainly got very used to the idea of relativity,
and therefore I can go into that frame of mind without it seeming like
an effort. But I feel and think about the world as being organized
into past, present and future. I feel that the only moment in time
that's really real is this moment right now. And I feel [that what
happened a few moments ago] is gone, and the future is yet to be. It
still feels right to me. But I know in my mind intellectually that's
wrong. Relativity establishes that that picture of the universe is
wrong, and if I work hard, I can force myself to recognize the fallacy
in my view or thinking; but intuitively it's still what I feel. So
it's a daily struggle to keep in mind how the world works, and
juxtapose that with experience that [I get] a thousand, even million
times a day from ordinary comings and goings."

Compare this with:

http://www.online-literature.com/orwell/1984/
George Orwell "1984": "In the end the Party would announce that two
and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable
that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their
position demanded it. Not merely the validity of experience, but the
very existence of external reality, was tacitly denied by their
philosophy. The heresy of heresies was common sense. And what was
terrifying was not that they would kill you for thinking otherwise,
but that they might be right. For, after all, how do we know that two
and two make four? Or that the force of gravity works? Or that the
past is unchangeable? If both the past and the external world exist
only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable what then?"

Of course, Brian Greene is still young and for that reason it is so
difficult for him to accept the truth, 2+2=5, while his feelings tell
him 2+2=4. His older brothers in Einstein criminal cult have overcome
this internal struggle. They have discovered that, even if "light in
vacuum does not travel at the invariant speed of the Lorentz
transform", Einstein's special relativity "would be unaffected":

http://o.castera.free.fr/pdf/onemorederivation.pdf
Jean-Marc Levy-Leblond: "This is the point of view from wich I intend
to criticize the overemphasized role of the speed of light in the
foundations of the special relativity, and to propose an approach to
these foundations that dispenses with the hypothesis of the invariance
of c....We believe that special relativity at the present time stands
as a universal theory discribing the structure of a common space-time
arena in which all fundamental processes take place....The evidence of
the nonzero mass of the photon would not, as such, shake in any way
the validity of the special relalivity. It would, however, nullify all
its derivations which are based on the invariance of the photon
velocity."

http://o.castera.free.fr/pdf/chronogeometrie.pdf
Jean-Marc Levy-Leblond: "D'autre part, nous savons aujourd'hui que
l'invariance de la vitesse de la lumiere est une consequence de la
nullite de la masse du photon. Mais, empiriquement, cette masse, aussi
faible soit son actuelle borne superieure experimentale, ne peut et ne
pourra jamais etre consideree avec certitude comme rigoureusement
nulle. Il se pourrait meme que de futures mesures mettent en evidence
une masse infime, mais non-nulle, du photon ; la lumiere alors n'irait
plus a la "vitesse de la lumiere", ou, plus precisement, la vitesse de
la lumiere, desormais variable, ne s'identifierait plus a la vitesse
limite invariante. Les procedures operationnelles mises en jeu par le
"second postulat" deviendraient caduques ipso facto. La theorie elle-
meme en serait-elle invalidee ? Heureusement, il n'en est rien ; mais,
pour s'en assurer, il convient de la refonder sur des bases plus
solides, et d'ailleurs plus economiques. En verite, le "premier
postulat" suffit, a la condition de l'exploiter a fond."

http://groups.google.ca/group/sci.ph...4dc146100e32c?
Tom Roberts: "If it is ultimately discovered that the photon has a
nonzero mass (i.e. light in vacuum does not travel at the invariant
speed of the Lorentz transform), SR would be unaffected but both
Maxwell's equations and QED would be refuted (or rather, their domains
of applicability would be reduced)."

http://www.worldscibooks.com/physics/4114.html
Jong-Ping Hsu: "....unexpected affirmative answer to the long-standing
question of whether it is possible to construct a relativity theory
without postulating the constancy of the speed of light and retaining
only the first postulate of special relativity. This question was
discussed in the early years following the discovery of special
relativity by many physicists, including Ritz, Tolman, Kunz, Comstock
and Pauli, all of whom obtained negative answers."

http://www.bnl.gov/community/Tours/E.../Einsteine.jpg

The very distant future. Nobody sings "Divine Einstein" anymore. The
song is nice but sad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8T3IxGOHHY
Where once was light now darkness falls
where once was love love is no more....