This tends to be supported by the fact no one has received any radiosignals from "them."

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 17th 18, 11:14 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_6_]

Default This tends to be supported by the fact no one has received any radiosignals from "them."

Radio signals radiate out in a spherical shell. Presuming (because we have no evidence either way) that advanced civilizations would have (if they formed like they did on Earth) started broadcasting 200-500 years ago, and given the number of stars in the vicinity, we'd have picked up something by now. We haven't.

https://www.cloudynights.com/article...-paradox-r3162