Herschel Telescope

Old June 17th 09, 01:32 AM posted to sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe
Daniel Minge[_2_]

Default Herschel Telescope

I wouldn't mind having a look out for it. For all I know it
may be a bright as HST.

Problem is I can't see the satellite element. It doesn't look
like it's listed under Herschel. It could well have been
given another name.

Anyone know what it is, so that I can add it to Orbitron.

Minge
Old June 17th 09, 04:54 PM posted to sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe
Patty Winter

In article ,
Daniel Minge wrote:

I wouldn't mind having a look out for it. For all I know it
may be a bright as HST.

Ummm, it's about 800,000 miles from Earth already, so I wouldn't
get your hopes up. :-)

Problem is I can't see the satellite element. It doesn't look
like it's listed under Herschel. It could well have been
given another name.

Elements are only published for Earth-orbiting satellites, right?

Patty

Old June 18th 09, 06:33 AM posted to sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe
Daniel Minge[_2_]

On 17 Jun 2009 15:54:44 GMT, Patty Winter

Daniel Minge wrote:

I wouldn't mind having a look out for it. For all I know it
may be a bright as HST.

Ummm, it's about 800,000 miles from Earth already, so I wouldn't
get your hopes up. :-)

Now that I didn't know.

Problem is I can't see the satellite element. It doesn't look
like it's listed under Herschel. It could well have been
given another name.

Elements are only published for Earth-orbiting satellites, right?

I see. Well no doubt with the effluxion of time you may be
pleased to let me know what category Herschel falls into. :-)

Minge

Old June 18th 09, 06:47 AM posted to sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe
Patty Winter

wrote:

Elements are only published for Earth-orbiting satellites, right?

I see. Well no doubt with the effluxion of time you may be
pleased to let me know what category Herschel falls into. :-)

It's going to an Earth-Moon Lagrange point:

http://sci.esa.int/science-e/www/are...cfm?fareaid=16

Patty