Good News! - Salvation is not so simple

Old February 12th 05, 06:17 AM
Paul

Default Good News! - Salvation is not so simple

The Holy Bible very clearly explains how simple it is
to be saved and on your way to Heaven, "For if you
confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe
in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you
WILL BE SAVED." (Romans 10:9)

How simple it is??? Let's see what God says, not what you teach.

Matthew 19:24 And again I (God) say unto you, It is easier for a camel
to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the
kingdom of God. 25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly
amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? 26 But Jesus beheld them, and
said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are
possible.

With God salvation is possible, not by man's action. The Bible talks
about being rich with this world's attractions not just wealth. The rich
man is a picture of all mankind enamored with this world and it's
enticements.

You can be saved right now and on your way to Heaven if
you will open your heart to Jesus and pray the following
prayer:

Dear Jesus Christ, I want...

You are now a Christian if you said the prayer and allowed
God to save you. Welcome to the family of God.

Internet Evangelist R.L. Grossi

We want??? We ALLOW the almightly God to do something??? Let's see what
God says about how much WE want salvation on God's terms.

John 15:16 Ye have NOT chosen me (God), but I (God) have chosen you,

Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is NONE righteous, no, NOT ONE: 11
There is NONE that understandeth, there is NONE that SEEKETH after God.
12 They are ALL gone out of the way, they are together become
unprofitable; there is NONE that doeth good, no, NOT ONE.

According to God, none of us will seek Him on our own. Yet according to
some, all we have to do is speak with our mouth. Amazing.

God says we don't do the choosing, He does. I guess some folks don't
believe God.

Mark 1:23 And there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit;
and he cried out, 24 Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee,
thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who
thou art, the Holy One of God. 25 And Jesus rebuked him.

You're in good company! Even the devils confess Jesus is Lord - but it
didn't save them! The point is, anyone can make profession with their
mouth, it's only lip service, a sham.

Isaiah 29:13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near
me with their MOUTH, and with their LIPS do honour me, but have removed
their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the
PRECEPT of MEN: 14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed [5] to do a
marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder:
for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of
their prudent men shall be hid.

Many have made confession of faith but their heart was not right with
God. Anyone can say Jesus is Lord! and yet still be unsaved even if they
don't think so. It's not so simple after all is it?

Matthew 7:21 Not EVERY ONE that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter
into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father
which is in heaven. 22 MANY will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have
we not prophesied in thy name? and IN THY NAME HAVE CAST OUT DEVILS? and
in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto
them, I NEVER KNEW YOU: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Many will think they are saved. Many will go to Hell. Simply saying a
prayer will not save you. You can believe those who teach falsely and
claim to be doing good in Jesus' name or you can read the Bible to see
what God actually says about salvation.

The disciples asked Jesus about the end of the world, what should we
look for as a sign the end is coming.

Matthew 24: what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the
world? 4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man
deceive you. 5 For MANY shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and
shall deceive many.

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into
an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers
also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness.

Satan has the ability to look like an angel of light (John 8:12 I
(Jesus) am the light of the world). Those who follow him will look
righteous. How will you know the difference between Satan and Jesus?

This answer really is simple, read the Bible. Don't trust me or anyone
else, not you denomination, not your pastor, read the Bible and let God
lead you.

Psalm 40:7 Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the BOOK it is
written of me