how can i mount my mini dv to my telescope?

Old September 6th 03, 02:11 AM
brian

Default how can i mount my mini dv to my telescope?

Ok, here's the thing. I plan on buying a celestron 10" reflector on a
dobsonian mount and I'd like to ...somehow connect my sony mini dv to it
and watch thru a tv. I'm guessing I'll need some kind of special fiber
optic cable, the kind proctologists fish up the colon, but I don't know
where to start looking or even if this is possible. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance. There, see I even gave out a free thank you!

Brian
Old September 6th 03, 06:13 AM
Bob Weber

Brian,

I have a Sony GR-DVM90 which is threaded for 27mm filters. I bought a 27
to 38 adapter (V-2737) from sony and found a 38mm to 42 mm adapter on the
internet. I attach the V-2737 to the camcorder in place of the clear glass
cover lens and the 38 to 42 mm adapter to that. Then this screws to the
standard Celestron T-Adapter and screw this to the SCT for prime focus shots
or to a Celestron Tele-Extender for eyepiece projection. If you'd like the
adapters email me.

Bob

.. .