Relatively bright supernova in NGC 6946

Old September 29th 04, 08:41 PM
Greg Crinklaw

Default Relatively bright supernova in NGC 6946

An unusually bright supernova has appeared in the nearby galaxy NGC
6946. Extragalactic supernovae are typically fainter than 15th
magnitude, but this one is mag 12.8, due to the proximity of the parent
galaxy. NGC 6946 is currently well placed in Cygnus for evening
observation.

For more info see http://www.skyhound.com/sh/skyhound.html

Clear skies,
Greg

--
Greg Crinklaw
Astronomical Software Developer

SkyTools Software for the Observer:
http://www.skyhound.com/cs.html

Skyhound Observing Pages:
http://www.skyhound.com/sh/skyhound.html

To reply have a physician remove your spleen

Old September 29th 04, 08:45 PM
Carsten A. Arnholm

Greg Crinklaw wrote:
An unusually bright supernova has appeared in the nearby galaxy NGC
6946. Extragalactic supernovae are typically fainter than 15th
magnitude, but this one is mag 12.8, due to the proximity of the
parent galaxy. NGC 6946 is currently well placed in Cygnus for
evening observation.

For more info see http://www.skyhound.com/sh/skyhound.html

Clear skies,
Greg

Hi,

I took this image 45 minutes ago
http://arnholm.org/astro/deepsky/ngc...929_1900ut.jpg

Clear skies
Carsten A. Arnholm
http://arnholm.org/
N59.776 E10.457
Old September 29th 04, 09:47 PM
David Bishop

Just posted an entry for my supernova page:

http://www.RochesterAstronomy.org/supernova.html#2004et

I have an updated position, and a discovery image.

Old September 29th 04, 09:50 PM
md

"David Bishop" wrote in message
Just posted an entry for my supernova page:

http://www.RochesterAstronomy.org/supernova.html#2004et

I have an updated position, and a discovery image.

awesome, I wish I had the equipment to do that :-)

patience.....
--
md