Test message

Old April 12th 08, 04:25 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Default Test message

Newsgroup acting odd on my computer; this is just a test message to see
what's going on.

Pat
Old April 12th 08, 04:41 AM posted to sci.space.history
Alan Erskine[_2_]

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
news:gN2dnaukFpkgtp3VnZ2dnUVZ_judnZ2d@northdakotat elephone...
Newsgroup acting odd on my computer; this is just a test message to see
what's going on.

Pat

Eye reed u lowd and clee-ah.

Old April 12th 08, 05:42 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Alan Erskine wrote:
Eye reed u lowd and clee-ah.

Test message showed up, but dates and times of messages are all screwed up.
Earlier today "most recent posting" was from early 2007.
Probably something down at my ISP, but if worst comes to worst, I'll
just ditch the whole Thunderbird file and re-install it.
Either that, or simply remove all newsgroup messages and start out all
over again.
Still no word from OM for five days now, which is troubling.
He has his laptop with him in the hospital, and some means of getting
and sending email. His last message was _after_ the amputation, and I've
been forwarding all the get-well-soon postings to him, so no update on
his condition for that long suggests trouble.
I'm back to checking the Austin obituaries day-by-day again. :-(
But you know him - even dead, you'd have to drive a stake through his
heart and stuff his mouth with garlic just to keep him quiet.
OM didn't only break the mold; there was no mold ever used to make him.
Near as I can figure, some sort of strange trans-dimensional lightning
bolt came out of a clear sky and hit his mother while she was carrying
him in her womb, and the rest is twisted history indeed.
The guy is a episode of "The X-Files" in his own right. :-D

Pat
Old April 12th 08, 08:59 AM posted to sci.space.history
Alan Erskine[_2_]

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
news:INKdndFZbuAnoJ3VnZ2dnUVZ_vCknZ2d@northdakotat elephone...

[...]

Mosely wasn't "carried in a womb"; he was manufactured in a lab, by some
crazed scientist. I mean, only a crazed scientist would create something
like OM and release it upon the world! ;-)

All-in-all, I hope he's ok. Try phoning/emailing the hospital?

Old April 12th 08, 09:49 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Alan Erskine wrote:

Mosely wasn't "carried in a womb"; he was manufactured in a lab, by some
crazed scientist. I mean, only a crazed scientist would create something
like OM and release it upon the world!

Near as I can figure, he was a unexpected after-effect of the post WW II
nuclear bomb tests in the southwestern deserts, like the giant ants in
"Them!".
Whatever he is, and wherever he came from, he's as indispensable as
Godzilla is to Tokyo.

;-)All-in-all, I hope he's ok. Try phning/emailing the hospital?

No data as to where he's actually at.
Probably somewhere in Area 54. :-D

Pat

Old April 12th 08, 10:05 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Alan Erskine wrote:

crazed scientist. I mean, only a crazed scientist would create something
like OM and release it upon the world!

Near as I can figure, he was a unexpected after-effect of the post WW II
nuclear bomb tests in the southwestern deserts, like the giant ants in
"Them!".
Whatever he is, and wherever he came from, he's as indispensable as
Godzilla is to Tokyo.

;-)All-in-all, I hope he's ok. Try phning/emailing the hospital?

No data as to where he's actually at.
Probably somewhere in Area 51. :-D

Pat
Old April 12th 08, 10:27 AM posted to sci.space.history
Alan Erskine[_2_]

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
news:JfednX6BdYrs5p3VnZ2dnUVZ_s3inZ2d@northdakotat elephone...
Whatever he is, and wherever he came from, he's as indispensable as
Godzilla is to Tokyo.

There's not enough artillery in the world to get rid of OM (not that some
wouldn't like to try...)

Old April 12th 08, 11:48 AM posted to sci.space.history
Alan Erskine[_2_]

Excuse my sick sense of humour, but does this mean OM has to change his name
to OL (One Leg)?

news

Old April 12th 08, 12:40 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Alan Erskine wrote:

There's not enough artillery in the world to get rid of OM (not that some
wouldn't like to try...)

(Sheriff Bart puts on his six-shooter)
The Waco Kid: "No, don't shoot him...that will only make him mad." :-)

Pat
Old April 12th 08, 02:13 PM posted to sci.space.history
Alan Erskine[_2_]

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
news:8r2dndNoWY5_Ap3VnZ2dnUVZ_vmlnZ2d@northdakotat elephone...

Alan Erskine wrote:

There's not enough artillery in the world to get rid of OM (not that

some
wouldn't like to try...)

(Sheriff Bart puts on his six-shooter)
The Waco Kid: "No, don't shoot him...that will only make him mad." :-)

Pat

"Telegram for Mongo" - "Mongo love sherrif dahuh, dahuh"

Test Message OM History 1 March 11th 06 08:11 AM
test message robertlw Amateur Astronomy 2 November 23rd 04 06:55 AM
test message Ed Majden Amateur Astronomy 0 October 12th 03 08:49 PM
Test (no message) Paul Hyndman CCD Imaging 1 July 11th 03 02:56 AM
Test (no message) Paul Hyndman Amateur Astronomy 0 July 11th 03 02:32 AM