How dark is dark ?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 23rd 05, 10:02 PM
Andrew

Default How dark is dark ?

Hi,
Years ago I had the pleasure of living in Tonga, a small island state
in the Pacific ocean. At that time I had no interest in astronomy, but
I do remember the night sky looked like someone had splashed paint
across it, such was the density of stars. At times I, literally, could
not see my hand in front of my face. Anyone here have an idea what
sort of mag skys they may have been, and has anyone been anywhere
darker ?
Regards
Andrew