Has the Sun's color changed?

Old August 28th 03, 07:51 AM
Bonnie Granat

Default Has the Sun's color changed?

"Babak Sehari" wrote in message
Hi

I recently noticed that the sun is whiter than I used to remember it
when I was a child. The sun I remember was yellow. A few weeks ago I was
driving with sun in my eyes and the Sun looked very very white. Change in
color could indicate many things, among those are change in the

temperature
of the sun, change in atmospheric condition on earth etc.. I wonder do

any
body have any data that measures sun's average radiation at any particular
frequency or wave length? Does these levels vary with 11 year sun's

cycle?
This gave me the idea that the sun might have longer cycles than 11 years.
These cycles could take say 100s or 1000s of years, and these cycles may
have caused the climatological change on earth.

Reagrds,
Babak

Another thing is the fact that you say you noticed this when you were
driving with the sun in your eyes. Actually, that's a more likely
explanation that atmospheric conditions -- sorry to have overlooked it
before. Someone can explain how there is some threshold beyond which your
eye and brain cannot decode brightness into meaningful data, and why staring
at the sun, in fact, can blind a person entirely.

--
___________________________
Bonnie Granat

Old September 2nd 03, 10:04 PM
Miss Brandy

Bonnie Granat wrote:
[...]

It is likely your local atmospheric conditions causing you to think the sun
has changed color. It was as beautiful a yellow light today as have seen in
all my 56 years. It's yellow. You may be viewing it, however, through thin
clouds and not realize it. On a day with bad smog here, at midday, it can be
red. But on a normal, sunny day, it is yellow, not white.

Dear Babak

If you go to http://www.spaceweather.com

and the follow the link to the soho sattalite site, you will find ample
evidence that the Sun's "color" has, in fact, changed. The 11 year "Solar
Max", which was in the year 2000, has completed an unprecedented 4th year,
and is now going into a 5th year, with a huge number of "Sun Spots", and
"Coronal Holes". If you check out the spaceweather archives, you will find
that the Earth has been having "Aurora Events" on an almost daily basis,
for the last year and one half. Also, about a year and a half ago, the
Sun's Magnetic Poles reversed; the South Pole is at the "top", aligned with
the Earth's Magnetosphere's North Pole. The meaning of all of the above, is
that the Sun is putting out lots more energy in the high-frequency
Ultra-Violet, and X-Ray bands, and less in the visable and infra-red; also
much stronger Interplanetary Magnetic Field and more Protons which ride
that field to the Earth and the other Planets. It's those Protons which
cause those beautiful Auroras. Yes people, something strange and
unprecidented is going on with the Sun; Jupiter too!! Unfortunaly, the
current bunch of "scientists" at NASA, who should be paying attention to
this kind of thing, seem to be the same kind of "political scientists" that
ignored the Space Shuttle safety issues. My own opinion, with which the
NASA scientists disagree, is that the increased energy output from the Sun
is the root cause of all that very, very strange weather we've been having
for over a year now.

Yes, Babak, there are many, many, Solar cycles, within cycles,
within.......that's why the ancient Astronomers were so obsessed with
Astronomy and spent lots of time and money on such. It didn't have a thing
to do with worshiping their "Gods", as the Western, Christian,
Archiologists would have us believe; just because said Ethno-Centric
Westerners have that obsession themselves. It had to do with the fact, of
which the Ancients were well aware, that when certain Celestial alignments
occur, the weather changes; crops fail, kingdoms fall, lean hungry
barbarians come out of the East! The NASA "Scientists" rely on a data-base,
collected since Galeleo first discovered Sun Spots, to correlate Earth's
Weather with Solar Events. This "Statistical" approach does not allow for
anything not-seen since the collecting of the statistics began; like The
Little Ice Age, for instance; or the fact that the Sahara has a wet/dry
cycle of about ten thousand years; and a wet period is long overdue!