STS-135 Countdown Viewing

Old July 8th 11, 04:07 PM posted to sci.space.history
Andre Lieven[_3_]

Default STS-135 Countdown Viewing

As I write this, I'm watching the count on NASA TV,
with occasional sufring to CNN's coverage. I have a
DVR taking in CNN and a VCR recording from NASA TV.

What changes since STS-1, when the techy part of my
watching of that was to put a 13 inch TV atop the 26 inch
console set, so that I could have two different channel's
pictures at the same time...

Go Atlantis !
Old July 9th 11, 01:06 AM posted to sci.space.history
rwalker

On Fri, 8 Jul 2011 08:07:22 -0700 (PDT), Andre Lieven
wrote:

As I write this, I'm watching the count on NASA TV,
with occasional sufring to CNN's coverage. I have a
DVR taking in CNN and a VCR recording from NASA TV.

What changes since STS-1, when the techy part of my
watching of that was to put a 13 inch TV atop the 26 inch
console set, so that I could have two different channel's
pictures at the same time...

Go Atlantis !

Sadly, it feels like an unwelcome repeat of the launch of ASTP. An
NPR report just said it would be "at least three" years before another
launch of an American manned spacecraft. That, at least, seems a
little more optimistic than some reports I've heard.