Music that moves your bowels

Old January 31st 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.music.classical,rec.arts.marching.drumcorps,alt.astronomy

Default Music that moves your bowels

Luis Manuel O. A. A. Pombo wrote:
Dear Friends,

I would like to know what Classical Music or Soundtracks of movies you
believe are most moving.
I heard the soundtrack of a film entitled Invincible which is a bad
movie, but the film score was one of the most moving I ever heard! It
was composed by Hans Zimmer.
Please share your opinions on the subject!

Kindest regards,

Luis Pombo

All classical music gives me the ****s. Barnes' music is particularly
bad.

Old February 6th 06, 04:56 AM posted to rec.music.classical,rec.arts.marching.drumcorps,alt.astronomy,alt.support.autism

" Michael Baldwin Bruce" wrote in message
oups.com...
Luis Manuel O. A. A. Pombo wrote:
Dear Friends,

I would like to know what Classical Music or Soundtracks of movies you
believe are most moving.
I heard the soundtrack of a film entitled Invincible which is a bad
movie, but the film score was one of the most moving I ever heard! It
was composed by Hans Zimmer.
Please share your opinions on the subject!

Kindest regards,

Luis Pombo

All classical music gives me the ****s. Barnes' music is particularly
bad.

What does Barnes have to do with classical music?

Old February 6th 06, 05:20 AM posted to rec.music.classical,rec.arts.marching.drumcorps,alt.astronomy,alt.support.autism

Luis Manuel O. A. A. Pombo wrote:
Dear Friends,

I would like to know what Classical Music or Soundtracks of movies you
believe are most moving.
I heard the soundtrack of a film entitled Invincible which is a bad
movie, but the film score was one of the most moving I ever heard! It
was composed by Hans Zimmer.
Please share your opinions on the subject!

Kindest regards,

Luis Pombo

All classical music gives me the ****s. Barnes' music is particularly
bad.

What does Barnes have to do with classical music?

Ask Dickless, Mouse. He is the one who keeps trumpeting Barnes.

Old February 6th 06, 05:25 AM posted to rec.music.classical,rec.arts.marching.drumcorps,alt.astronomy,alt.support.autism

Luis Manuel O. A. A. Pombo wrote:
Dear Friends,

I would like to know what Classical Music or Soundtracks of movies

you
believe are most moving.
I heard the soundtrack of a film entitled Invincible which is a bad
movie, but the film score was one of the most moving I ever heard!

It
was composed by Hans Zimmer.
Please share your opinions on the subject!

Kindest regards,

Luis Pombo

All classical music gives me the ****s. Barnes' music is particularly
bad.

What does Barnes have to do with classical music?

Ask Dickless, Mouse. He is the one who keeps trumpeting Barnes.

What else can you expect from a guy who plays bass clarinet?

Old February 6th 06, 05:27 AM posted to rec.music.classical,rec.arts.marching.drumcorps,alt.astronomy,alt.support.autism

Luis Manuel O. A. A. Pombo wrote:
Dear Friends,

I would like to know what Classical Music or Soundtracks of movies

you
believe are most moving.
I heard the soundtrack of a film entitled Invincible which is a bad
movie, but the film score was one of the most moving I ever heard!

It
was composed by Hans Zimmer.
Please share your opinions on the subject!

Kindest regards,

Luis Pombo

All classical music gives me the ****s. Barnes' music is particularly
bad.

What does Barnes have to do with classical music?

Ask Dickless, Mouse. He is the one who keeps trumpeting Barnes.

What else can you expect from a guy who plays bass clarinet?

Not very much apparently.

Old February 7th 06, 01:40 AM posted to alt.support.autism,alt.music.clarinet,rec.music.classical,alt.astronomy

Fartingale AKA Singer wrote:
Afoklala wrote:

What else can you expect from a guy who plays bass clarinet?

Hey, _I_ play bass clarinet!

Cool! It's a beautiful instrument.

You mean "Kook! Its a kook's instrument".

And I never heard of Barnes!

American composer, mostly for band. Tholen likes his music, and the
trolls only speak against him because they dislike Tholen. He's not a
favourite composer, but some of his music is interesting.

http://www.ku.edu/~sfa/mad/faculty/barnes.html

What does this have to do with classical music, Fartingale?

Old February 7th 06, 01:43 AM posted to alt.support.autism,alt.music.clarinet,rec.music.classical,alt.astronomy

Fartingale AKA Nightingale wrote:
Bonnie B wrote:

I've always enjoyed "Variations on a Korean Folksong," but maybe I'm
biased from my oboe-dabbling days.

I don't know that one - what's it like?

It's a series of minimalist variations on a Korean folksong.
ducking for cover

Why duck?

Viaduct?

Here's a recording I haven't heard, but I recommend it because I have
worked under the conductor and know what a perfectionist/stickler he
is:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=glance&n=5174

I also like Incantation and Dance (also by Chance).

Some confusion here - the Barnes referred to earlier in the thread is
James Barnes, not John Barnes Chance.

Oh, no! More Barnes!

I also found other recordings of the Variations on a Korean Folksong,
but I can't vouch for them:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=glance&n=5174

I have 2 CDs by Edmonton Wind Ensemble - they're pretty good.

Break wind a lot, do they?

--
Blessed Cecilia, appear in visions
To all musicians, appear and inspi

Old February 7th 06, 01:46 AM posted to alt.support.autism,alt.music.clarinet,rec.music.classical,alt.astronomy

Fartingale AKA Singer wrote:
Bonnie B wrote:

My server didn't download all the posts in this thread, so if I'm
speaking out of turn, just let me know.

Only a few of the recent messages are in alt.music.clarinet - don't
worry about the rest, you're not missing much.

I never miss.

Secondly, anyone who "disses" on bass clarinet players is an idiot who
isn't clarinetist enough to play the instrument.

That describes the person who started the cross-posting.

Who? Dickless?

The solo repertoire for bs cl, sparse though it is, is enough to make
grown men weep in frustration. It's some hard stuff, requiring
control, dead-on focus of sound, and 14 fingers.

LOL!

Why you laugh? Its not like its hard.

Lastly, anyone who talks trash about bass clarinetists being "less
than" because they gravitate toward the "big horns" has obviously
never played Till Eulenspiegel, the Grand Canyon Suite, American in
Paris, and/or The Rite of Spring. And on that basis alone, I shall
give the sources all the consideration which they are due, which
amounts to:

It's such a beautiful sounding instrument, and there has been some
amazing music written for it.

Especially the way Dickless plays it out his arse.

Sorry to be so mean, but that's just one of my pet peeves.

Don't be sorry - I don't see that you've posted anything mean. (Even if
you did, the trolls who are dissing bass clarinets, and one clarinetist
in particular, deserve it.)

Yeah, Dickless deserves it.

Old February 7th 06, 04:04 AM posted to alt.support.autism,alt.music.clarinet,rec.music.classical,alt.astronomy

Bonnie B wrote:

I've always enjoyed "Variations on a Korean Folksong," but maybe I'm
biased from my oboe-dabbling days.

I don't know that one - what's it like?

It's a series of minimalist variations on a Korean folksong.
ducking for cover

Why duck?

Viaduct?

"Sir -- Epstein is waxing wroth!"