Getting help with building/testing space access engineering

Old April 8th 05, 05:42 PM
David Summers

Default Getting help with building/testing space access engineering

Does anyone have any pointers for getting access to people that can
build things? I'm looking for someone to help me test some engineering
problems - probably a college student would be best. (Someone with
access to cool college equipment is even better). I would pay for
materials and time, and they'd probably get to fly out to Chicago
occassionally. I've started many companies, and I find that the most
successful ones are the ones that I funded myself - with a slow build
up.

The downside is signing NDAs, filing form 1099s, etc. (Probably the
1099s could be avoided as long as you make under some amount).
Initially, I am looking for an Electrical Engineer (or eqivalent). I
would also be interested in people that want to build rocket engines.
Does anyone have any good ideas on how to find someone? Anybody want
to do anything like that?

If this is the wrong approach, what do you believe is the right
approach?

-David

Old April 9th 05, 03:26 PM
Henry Vanderbilt

David Summers wrote:

[...]

What you can get in the way of engineering test and development
depends partly on how much you're willing to pay, of course. One
gathering of people into doing that sort of thing at considerably
less than Big Aerospace prices, in less than three weeks:
http://www.space-access.org/updates/sa05info.htm

Henry Vanderbilt
Executive Director
Space Access Society
Old April 11th 05, 12:20 AM
Cameron Dorrough

"David Summers" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

David, I'm not sure how you'll get on, but try to outline a couple of the
problems you have in mind (nothing too specific) and post it as a potential
job on news:\\sci.engr.control

Quite a few bright young students and graduates come that way and someone
may want to help out..

Good luck
Cameron:-)
Address is spambait - to email me, check the website.