NASA rules....

Old June 4th 07, 11:08 PM posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.aviation.military,sci.space.shuttle,sci.physics
David E. Powell

Default NASA rules....

I want to go up in that new space capsule they are making. It is going
to have totally new avionics, glass cockpits, multi function, it is
going to be a space craft designed with modern aircraft style
controls, as opposed to all the switches and so on or the Shuttle's
1980s tech... Multitasking, high speed computing, six person capacity,
and it can fly to the Moooooooooooon........

Old June 4th 07, 11:27 PM posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.aviation.military,sci.space.shuttle,sci.physics
chumley

"David E. Powell" wrote in message
ps.com...
I want to go up in that new space capsule they are making. It is going
to have totally new avionics, glass cockpits, multi function, it is
going to be a space craft designed with modern aircraft style
controls, as opposed to all the switches and so on or the Shuttle's
1980s tech... Multitasking, high speed computing, six person capacity,
and it can fly to the Moooooooooooon........

I have signed you up to go on the mission to Mars.
It is a really nice place like being at the beach, just no water, no air, no
seagulls, no life anywhere.
The radiation will be a bitch, you will probably be blind by the time you
get back.
Minimum time up and back is 3 years.
No Women, they cause problems, like last time.

Old June 4th 07, 11:38 PM posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.aviation.military,sci.space.shuttle,sci.physics
Rob Arndt

On Jun 4, 3:27?pm, "chumley" wrote:
"David E. Powell" wrote in glegroups.com...

I want to go up in that new space capsule they are making. It is going
to have totally new avionics, glass cockpits, multi function, it is
going to be a space craft designed with modern aircraft style
controls, as opposed to all the switches and so on or the Shuttle's
1980s tech... Multitasking, high speed computing, six person capacity,
and it can fly to the Moooooooooooon........

I have signed you up to go on the mission to Mars.
It is a really nice place like being at the beach, just no water, no air, no
seagulls, no life anywhere.
The radiation will be a bitch, you will probably be blind by the time you
get back.
Minimum time up and back is 3 years.
No Women, they cause problems, like last time.

Yes, and try to stay away from the Nazi military base there. If you
see a Haunebu III and SS in Draeger suits with AEG death ray guns or
I.G. Farben lasers... better evacuate immediately.

The angry red planet isn't called that w/o reason... adding Nazis just
made it angrier!

Rob ~

Old June 4th 07, 11:41 PM posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.aviation.military,sci.space.shuttle,sci.physics
Rob Arndt

On Jun 4, 3:38?pm, Rob Arndt wrote:
On Jun 4, 3:27?pm, "chumley" wrote:

[...]

Rob ~- Hide quoted text -

Also, how exactly does NASA "rule"... when they can barely run what's
left of the shuttle fleet and have problems planning trips back to the
moon, let alone Mars?

BTW, NASA doesn't even "rule" its budget.

Rob

Old June 5th 07, 12:36 AM posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.aviation.military,sci.space.shuttle,sci.physics
Daryl Hunt

"David E. Powell" wrote in message
ps.com...
I want to go up in that new space capsule they are making. It is going
to have totally new avionics, glass cockpits, multi function, it is
going to be a space craft designed with modern aircraft style
controls, as opposed to all the switches and so on or the Shuttle's
1980s tech... Multitasking, high speed computing, six person capacity,
and it can fly to the Moooooooooooon........

Does Alice know about this?

Old June 5th 07, 01:42 AM posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.aviation.military,sci.space.shuttle,sci.physics
Daryl Hunt

"Rob Arndt" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 4, 3:38?pm, Rob Arndt wrote:
On Jun 4, 3:27?pm, "chumley" wrote:

"David E. Powell" wrote in

glegroups.com...

[...]

Can you imagine if the US had gone with the AF designs instead of the
Mercury design? I believe we would have been much further ahead today
considering the AF is capable of building a recoverable vehicle that
launches from the top of a 747. It's been flown and the program scrapped
(at least we think it's been scrapped). The technology has been there for
nigh on 20 years but the Shuttle Program just keeps sucking the bucks in.

Old June 5th 07, 04:06 AM posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.aviation.military,sci.space.shuttle,sci.physics
[email protected]

Can you imagine if the US had gone with the AF designs instead of the
Mercury design? I believe we would have been much further ahead today
considering the AF is capable of building a recoverable vehicle that
launches from the top of a 747. It's been flown and the program scrapped
(at least we think it's been scrapped). The technology has been there for
nigh on 20 years but the Shuttle Program just keeps sucking the bucks in.-

certinally nasa could of done this too, but they were are too busy
protecting jobs and pork spending rather than anything else, like
exploration.......

Old June 5th 07, 04:10 AM posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.aviation.military,sci.space.shuttle,sci.physics
Dan[_3_]

Daryl Hunt wrote:
"David E. Powell" wrote in message
ps.com...
I want to go up in that new space capsule they are making. It is going
to have totally new avionics, glass cockpits, multi function, it is
going to be a space craft designed with modern aircraft style
controls, as opposed to all the switches and so on or the Shuttle's
1980s tech... Multitasking, high speed computing, six person capacity,
and it can fly to the Moooooooooooon........

Does Alice know about this?

Alice doesn't Livermore.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old June 5th 07, 04:10 AM posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.aviation.military,sci.space.shuttle,sci.physics
David E. Powell

On Jun 4, 3:27?pm, "chumley" wrote:

"David E. Powell" wrote in glegroups.com...

I want to go up in that new space capsule they are making. It is going
to have totally new avionics, glass cockpits, multi function, it is
going to be a space craft designed with modern aircraft style
controls, as opposed to all the switches and so on or the Shuttle's
1980s tech... Multitasking, high speed computing, six person capacity,
and it can fly to the Moooooooooooon........

I have signed you up to go on the mission to Mars.
It is a really nice place like being at the beach, just no water, no air, no
seagulls, no life anywhere.
The radiation will be a bitch, you will probably be blind by the time you
get back.
Minimum time up and back is 3 years.
No Women, they cause problems, like last time.

No, the plan was for good radiation shielding, a nice long round trip,
and the crew to be myself along with my fellow crew members Salma
Hayek, Naomi Watts and Alyssa Milano.

Yes, and try to stay away from the Nazi military base there. If you
see a Haunebu III and SS in Draeger suits with AEG death ray guns or
I.G. Farben lasers... better evacuate immediately.

The angry red planet isn't called that w/o reason... adding Nazis just
made it angrier!

Rob ~

Did they ever do a SF plot with Nazis on the Moon or Mars? It could be
a wild pulp deal.

Also, how exactly does NASA "rule"... when they can barely run what's
left of the shuttle fleet and have problems planning trips back to the
moon, let alone Mars?

Having seen some (Space TV style) video on what they are putting
together, the new capsule is amazing. It isn't just something redone,
it is new materials and an all glass cockpit with Multi-Function
Displays, new computing power, new gear, new ergonomics, not old style
switches and toggles or 1980s style Shuttle technology. It's like the
difference between a 1950s 707 cockpit and the cockpit of a 2000s 747.
Or maybe more like a future Boeing Dreamliner. Amazing. I really think
NASA can do it and shock the world, not just with the new ship and
rocket but in how fast they do it. They have a due date of 2009, and
if Bush is pushing they may make it. If they do, it will be a heck of
a feat. The simulator they have, with all the windows showing
projected views of things like space docking with a space station, is
excellent, and the materials research looks to be truly off the hook.
(From what is public domain anyway.)

BTW, NASA doesn't even "rule" its budget.

Rob

Well, the taxpayers do. Maybe this will get their attention. I hope it
does, the people doing this are really going all out.

Old June 5th 07, 04:35 AM posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.aviation.military,sci.space.shuttle,sci.physics
[email protected]

On Jun 4, 3:27?pm, "chumley" wrote:

[...]

Cessna 172's have Multi-Function Displays these days.

Probably the biggest reason for the new stuff is you can't easily
get all that old stuff anymore.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

falsification - trying again - no slide rules please. don findlay Astronomy Misc 107 June 21st 06 09:14 AM
falsification - trying again - no slide rules please. don findlay Astronomy Misc 33 June 21st 06 09:14 AM
NASA: "We know why DART failed, but we can't tell you" (ITAS rules) D. Orbitt Policy 2 April 18th 06 05:59 PM
Mission Rules G.Beat History 12 October 30th 04 03:51 PM
What are those Union rules? Brilliant One Misc 1 October 26th 04 06:43 PM