Mars and Africa

Old May 11th 06, 11:51 PM posted to sci.space.moderated

Default Mars and Africa

Fred J. McCall wrote:

:
:And those poll numbers were what at the moment?

Poll numbers aren't a measure of intelligence. We use IQ tests for
that.

I would love to see Dubya try to pronounce "quotient".

ubya is on a secret mission from God.

Stupid spin.

Yup, right like a plane into the ground.

:And the fact that he doesn't know that the mission is to destroy the
:Republican majority in both the Senate and House as well as usher in the
:new Democratic president shows you what a wildly funny and ironic sense
f humor God has.

And the fact that Democrats like you are apparently in a rush to
destroy the Democratic Party even more quickly is even further proof.

What's hilarious is that in some cases doing absolutely nothing is
exactly the right tactic; in the case of this screwed up White House,
all one has to do is keep handing them more rope and watch what an
impressive noose they are making for themselves; hell, this baby could
hang a pachyderm with ease.
Today we get the happy news that tens of millions of Americans have had
their phone calls monitored by the NSA.
"We are not mining or trolling through the personal lives of innocent
Americans," Bush said before leaving for a commencement address at
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College in Biloxi. "Our efforts are
focused on links to al-Qaida and their known affiliates."
Tens of millions of known affiliates apparently. :-D

Pat

Old May 12th 06, 09:26 AM posted to sci.space.moderated

Pat Flannery wrote:
Rand Simberg wrote:

Don't stupidly confuse inarticulateness with inability to understand
words. He got an MBA from Harvard. Did you?

Nope, and in the immortal words of Forrest Gump: "Stupid is as stupid
does, sir."
And by that standard this is one mighty stupid president.

That's a matter of (uninformed, and not particularly perspicacious)
opinion, not fact.

Old May 12th 06, 09:31 AM posted to sci.space.moderated

Pat Flannery wrote:

:And those poll numbers were what at the moment?

Poll numbers aren't a measure of intelligence. We use IQ tests for
that.

I would love to see Dubya try to pronounce "quotient".

Again, you stupidly confuse articulation with intelligence. Why do you
do that?

Old May 12th 06, 09:31 AM posted to sci.space.moderated

Pat Flannery wrote:
Fred J. McCall wrote:

Oddly, nobody who actually knows him or has met him thinks he's
stupid. This sort of thing is how your lot keep getting waxed by him
in elections.

And those poll numbers were what at the moment?

What do poll numbers have to do with it? A lot of people think that the
earth is flat. What were Lincoln's poll numbers in early 1864?

Old May 12th 06, 12:13 PM posted to sci.space.moderated

Rand Simberg wrote:

I would love to see Dubya try to pronounce "quotient".

Again, you stupidly confuse articulation with intelligence. Why do
you do that?

Oh, it's more than just articulation; he says things that make no sense
whatsoever, are spoken using a tortuous phraseology, and sometimes come
out meaning exactly the reverse of what he was trying to say:
http://www.slate.com/id/76886/
Then he gives his patented little dismissive chuckle, and moves on to
the next speech.
He also lies on a very regular basis.
Remember how the phone calls the NSA was monitoring were those that came
from outside the U.S. to people inside the U.S. who may have had
Al-Queda ties, or were from people inside the U.S. who were trying to
contact people outside the U.S. who may have had Al-Queda ties?
We now know that the NSA was attempting to monitor the origin and
destination of all domestic phone communications.
In short Rand, anytime you made a call to someone in the past few years,
there's a record that it was from your number, the number it went to,
the time you called, and the duration of the call.
Same for me.
The number of calls so monitored is supposed to be around 300 million,
and the number of individuals involved to be over 30 million.
Now, we may have Al-Queda sleeper cells in the U.S., but I don't think
that they have successfully infiltrated tens of millions of terrorists
into the U.S., which leaves one wondering what exactly the point of all
this was.
What for the life of me I can't understand is that you, who I disagree
with politically, philosophically, and economically, still support him.
You obviously have more brains in your little finger than Dubya does in
his entire cranium despite our disagreements, but you want to stand up
for someone who is obviously your intellectual inferior, crooked, a
liar, a incompetent, and to put it into two words... a born loser.
He's sure not supporting your political or ideological agenda, why the
hell are you buying into his?

Anyway, to get off this subject, and back onto terraforming the Sahara,
what exactly is the method proposed for getting the desalinated water
into the desert? Do we lay perforated pipes and watch them get buried
under the sand dunes, or dig irrigation canals and watch them get filled
in during the first sandstorm?
Also, since the sand is probably tens of feet deep over most of the
Sahara, what's going to stop the water from just sinking right through
it and not being of any use in supplying the water needs of the plants
that are supposed to reclaim the desert?

Pat

Old May 13th 06, 06:20 PM posted to sci.space.moderated

On or about Fri, 12 May 2006 04:31:21 -0400, Rand Simberg made the sensational claim that:
A lot of people think that the earth is flat.

Apparently Bush's new press secretary is one of them:
http://www.badastronomy.com/bablog/2...eaks-for-bush/
--
This is a siggy | To E-mail, do note | Just because something
It's properly formatted | who you mean to reply-to | is possible, doesn't

Old May 13th 06, 07:38 PM posted to sci.space.moderated

LooseChanj wrote:
On or about Fri, 12 May 2006 04:31:21 -0400, Rand Simberg made the sensational claim that:

A lot of people think that the earth is flat.

Apparently Bush's new press secretary is one of them:
http://www.badastronomy.com/bablog/2...eaks-for-bush/

While I disagree with IDers, a belief in it isn't the same as believing
the earth is flat.

Old May 14th 06, 10:45 AM posted to sci.space.moderated

Rand Simberg wrote:

Apparently Bush's new press secretary is one of them:
http://www.badastronomy.com/bablog/2...eaks-for-bush/

While I disagree with IDers, a belief in it isn't the same as
believing the earth is flat.

Nothing like hitching your cart to a falling star...

Pat

Old May 14th 06, 03:00 PM posted to sci.space.moderated

Pat Flannery wrote:

While I disagree with IDers, a belief in it isn't the same as
believing the earth is flat.

Nothing like hitching your cart to a falling star...

Don't look now, but the other shoe has just started to fall:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12774274/site/newsweek/