We, first loosers for 100 years.

Old June 11th 06, 12:45 PM posted to sci.space.moderated

Default We, first loosers for 100 years.

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 06:02:58 -0400, in a place far, far away, Pat
Flannery made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

Rand Simberg wrote:

You "thought" stupid, as is often the case. I don't have an "Ayn Rand
streak."

If you did, it would probably be from that riding crop.
I've been reading up on her; that was one strange person.
Speaking of your streaks, you've devoted a great deal of writing to
telling us what you don't believe in, but never seem to get around to
actually telling us what exactly the political/economic philosophy you
do believe in is...

I've said on numerous occasions that I'm a classical liberal.

Old June 11th 06, 07:58 PM posted to sci.space.moderated

Rand Simberg wrote:

I should add, that I'm struck by the illogic and chutzpah of accusing
someone whom you claim is in your killfile as "never" doing something.
Or I would be, if it were coming from someone else.

As I mentioned before, you aren't killfiled in sci.space.moderated.
You also seem to have snuck out of the killfile for sci.space.history.
I've read quite a few of your postings over the years and seen your
website, bloodthirsty thing that it is.
And that raises an interesting question about your "classical
liberalism"...one of the key concepts of that philosophy was tolerance
for the rights of those who formed the minority groups of a society, be
it by race, national background, political philosophy, or religion.
Tolerance is a thing you seem to have only a small supply of, as you are
constantly stating that anyone who doesn't agree with your world-view is
obviously stupid, as to the thinking mind all things you believe should
be obvious, and there is no possible alternative to this one monolithic
belief system...as it is the truth incarnate.
That sounds familiar; it's the rational that the Soviets used to lock
anyone who doubted classical Marxist-Leninism away in a psychiatric
institution as they obviously were mentally disturbed if they couldn't
see the truth of that political philosophy.

Pat

Old June 11th 06, 08:49 PM posted to sci.space.moderated

Rand Simberg wrote:

Bull****. I simply don't tolerate idiocy.

That statement makes my point regarding you far better than anything I
could ever write. :-D

Pat

Old June 11th 06, 09:02 PM posted to sci.space.moderated

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 14:58:01 -0400, in a place far, far away, Pat
Flannery made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

As I mentioned before, you aren't killfiled in sci.space.moderated.
You also seem to have snuck out of the killfile for sci.space.history.
I've read quite a few of your postings over the years and seen your
website, bloodthirsty thing that it is.

Also, please point to something on my web site that indicates that it,
or I, am "bloodthirsty."

And that raises an interesting question about your "classical
liberalism"...one of the key concepts of that philosophy was tolerance
for the rights of those who formed the minority groups of a society, be
it by race, national background, political philosophy, or religion.

I have never been intolerant, or expressed intolerance, of any of
those things, per se. I have expressed intolerance of people who want
to kill me for religious reasons.

Tolerance is a thing you seem to have only a small supply of, as you are
constantly stating that anyone who doesn't agree with your world-view is
obviously stupid, as to the thinking mind all things you believe should
be obvious, and there is no possible alternative to this one monolithic
belief system...as it is the truth incarnate.

There's nothing in the Enlightenment about tolerating nonsense. And
in any event, the word "intolerance" is far too overused (like "hate"
and "racism." And "bloodthirsty"). There's nothing intolerant about
calling an idiot an idiot. If I tried to have him jailed him for
being an idiot, that would be intolerant.

Old June 11th 06, 09:53 PM posted to sci.space.moderated

Rand Simberg wrote:

I have never been intolerant, or expressed intolerance, of any of
those things, per se. I have expressed intolerance of people who want
to kill me for religious reasons.

They've got a _fatwa_ out on you?!
Holy ****, you're more important than I thought!
Cut to Afghani cave, Osama is speaking to the fedayheen:
"And yet more evil shall we do to the infidel! Our forces may be
diminished in number but not in spirit!
The new plan is to short-sheet the evil President Bush's bed, put
itching powder in the impious woman who is Condoleezza Rice's
far-too-skimpy panties, and call the ill-shooting fool who is Dick
Cheney ten times in the middle of the night, asking 'Is Osama there?'
Then I myself shall call, and say 'This is Osama, any calls for me?' in
this way shall we drive the infidel from our holy land!

"But Great One, can we not have a little bloodshed, just for old time's
sake?"

"If it is blood you seek, then look no further! There is in the accursed
land of America a man of great pride who does not keep the Suryas of
the Quran, who gibbers on in a endlessly annoying manner, who describes
himself as a 'Classical Liberal" yet seems to have political opinions
not in line with that philosophy!'

"The friend of the accursed Shaitan! The one who calls himself
'Simberg'! It is of he who you speak!"

"YES! That is the infidel who must face Allah's wrath! That is the man
who must die by the hand of Holy Jihad!
I have a cunning plan....behold this! It appears as but a simple bagel
of the accursed Jews...but....IT HAS BEEN COOKED IN PORK GREASE!
It is unclean! We shall transport it into his house by stealth, and it
shall wait like an evil Efreeti to destroy him!"

"How shall it destroy him, oh Light Of The Eastern Skies? Is it so
unkosher as to be fatal?"

"A far more cunning trap does Allah lay! He shall enjoy the taste of it
so much that soon he shall seek out other unclean foods- Bacon! Shrimp!
Jimmy Dean Pork Sausages! All these unclean things shall pass over his
tongue, and travel like poison into his entrails!
Soon, he shall be an outcast among his own people...and his cholesterol
count shall soar! Bloated and sickly shall he die, alone and cursed by
both Arab and Jew! Such is the righteous wrath of Allah!"

"GREAT IS THE BEARD OF OSAMA! LET THE INFIDEL'S BELLY SWELL, AS HE
SLIDES DOWN TO HELL ON A RIVER OF UNCLEAN FAT!"

"And if that fails, then we'll ram him with an airliner!"

Pat

Let me say THIS about THAT Ed Conrad Astronomy Misc 1 August 13th 04 01:54 AM
knowledge is power mostafa dia Satellites 3 August 11th 04 07:17 AM
knowledge is power mostafa dia Amateur Astronomy 5 August 8th 04 12:22 AM
knowledge is power mostafa dia FITS 0 August 7th 04 02:37 AM
Incontrovertible Evidence Cash Astronomy Misc 1 August 24th 03 07:22 PM