When NASA will become an ESA’s member?

Old May 28th 06, 04:13 PM posted to sci.space.moderated

Default When NASA will become an ESAs member?

Lou Adornato wrote:

2: The first NASA/ESA landing on the moon will occur after requesting
landing clearance. In Chinese.

Actually we know what really happens- they find a letter claiming the
Moon for Queen Victoria. :-)

Professor Cavor

Old May 28th 06, 05:01 PM posted to sci.space.moderated

Rand Simberg wrote:

Coincidentally (I hope) the current SRD for the CEV requires that the
vehicle be able to sustain a collision with a 2.2. kg bird at 3.5
kilometers altitude. I'll leave the implications of this requirement
for vehicle structural design to the reader.

BTW, I found out hat the bird was that hit the Shuttle on the last launch.
Wanna take a wild guess what hit it?
A _vulture_ hit it.
http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/shuttle/...7143903194.jpg
Now, if I believed in omens.... :-D

Pat

Old May 28th 06, 08:07 PM posted to sci.space.moderated

On Sun, 28 May 2006 12:01:14 -0400, in a place far, far away, Pat
Flannery made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

Rand Simberg wrote:

Coincidentally (I hope) the current SRD for the CEV requires that the
vehicle be able to sustain a collision with a 2.2. kg bird at 3.5
kilometers altitude. I'll leave the implications of this requirement
for vehicle structural design to the reader.

BTW, I found out hat the bird was that hit the Shuttle on the last launch.
Wanna take a wild guess what hit it?
A _vulture_ hit it.
http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/shuttle/...7143903194.jpg

It was two of them, right at liftoff. That's where the requirement
came from.