Documented Apollo Short (1967)

Old July 5th 04, 11:50 PM
John Maxson

Default Documented Apollo Short (1967)

See: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...4009/v4p1e.htm

September 15
A short circuit occurred during checkout of CSM 020 at North American,
Downey, Calif. External power batteries in parallel with the reentry
batteries had indicated low power and were replaced. During preparations to
continue the test, arcing was reported and emergency shutdown procedures
were applied. Investigation was under way to determine the cause of the
arcing. Initial indications were that at least 100 amps were imposed on a
small portion of the spacecraft wiring, causing some damage to the
spacecraft batteries.
TWX, ASPO Manager to Director, Apollo Spacecraft Program, Sept. 18, 1967.

Old July 6th 04, 04:33 AM
LaDonna Wyss

"John Maxson" wrote in message ...
See: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...4009/v4p1e.htm

September 15
A short circuit occurred during checkout of CSM 020 at North American,
Downey, Calif. External power batteries in parallel with the reentry
batteries had indicated low power and were replaced. During preparations to
continue the test, arcing was reported and emergency shutdown procedures
were applied. Investigation was under way to determine the cause of the
arcing. Initial indications were that at least 100 amps were imposed on a
small portion of the spacecraft wiring, causing some damage to the
spacecraft batteries.
TWX, ASPO Manager to Director, Apollo Spacecraft Program, Sept. 18, 1967.

I would TRULY like details when you get the chance to find out.
Thanks AGAIN for your contributions. I would do this myself, like I
used to when I had my own computer, but you know my constraints these
days. Once I have unlimited Internet again, I can do my own midnight
surfing. Meanwhile, I appreciate your work, Mr. Maxson. I hope to
compensate you someday.
LaDonna
Old July 6th 04, 02:31 PM
Scott Hedrick

"LaDonna Wyss" wrote in message
om...
I would TRULY like details when you get the chance to find out.

I would TRULY like details about the law enforcement personnel you spoke to
about Apollo 1.

I would do this myself, like I
used to when I had my own computer, but you know my constraints these
days.

Affirmative action helps Special Olympics candidates as well.

I hope to
compensate you someday.

Even a Maxson doesn't deserve to have sex with you.

The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones UK Astronomy 8 August 1st 04 09:08 PM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Astronomy Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
The apollo faq the inquirer UK Astronomy 5 April 15th 04 04:45 AM
Martian Landmarks Dedicated to Apollo 1 Crew Ron Astronomy Misc 7 February 3rd 04 04:32 PM