IMPACT

Old September 8th 04, 05:05 PM
TommyBoy

Default IMPACT

The genesis probe slammed into thte UTAH desert..watched the whole thing on
NASA TV.
A wobbling discus without a chute it hit at about 100 mph..wild!

Old September 8th 04, 05:18 PM
TommyBoy

Oddly enough, the impact crater is a great example of the genesis of a
crater in presumably packed/sandy material.
The debris rays are totally symmetrical. I hope the project is not a
complete failure and much of the captured particles
remain pristine.

Old September 8th 04, 05:37 PM
Manuel Joseph Din

TommyBoy wrote:
The genesis probe slammed into thte UTAH desert..watched the whole thing on
NASA TV.
A wobbling discus without a chute it hit at about 100 mph..wild!

Flying saucer crash in the Utah Desert!
In 20 years, they'll be talking about the cover-up. ;-)

Regards,
Uncle Bob

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old September 8th 04, 05:42 PM
Alexander Avtanski

TommyBoy wrote:

Oddly enough, the impact crater is a great example of the genesis of a
crater in presumably packed/sandy material.
The debris rays are totally symmetrical. I hope the project is not a
complete failure and much of the captured particles
remain pristine.

Colin Pillinger seems to have terrible luck recently... After Beagle 2
disappeared, now Genesis crashed... :-(

(As far as I know, Colin Pillinger was one of the persons who were going
to evaluate Genesis results, right?)

- Alex

Old September 8th 04, 05:49 PM
Phil Wheeler

Manuel Joseph Din wrote:
TommyBoy wrote:

The genesis probe slammed into thte UTAH desert..watched the whole
thing on
NASA TV.
A wobbling discus without a chute it hit at about 100 mph..wild!

Flying saucer crash in the Utah Desert!
In 20 years, they'll be talking about the cover-up.

Likely they are scrambling now. Pretty embarrassing, especially with
all the hooplah, to do such a mission and have the parachute fail.

Old September 8th 04, 06:35 PM
lal_truckee

Manuel Joseph Din wrote:

Phil Wheeler wrote:

Manuel Joseph Din wrote:

TommyBoy wrote:

The genesis probe slammed into thte UTAH desert..watched the whole
thing on
NASA TV.
A wobbling discus without a chute it hit at about 100 mph..wild!

Flying saucer crash in the Utah Desert!
In 20 years, they'll be talking about the cover-up.

Likely they are scrambling now. Pretty embarrassing, especially with
all the hooplah, to do such a mission and have the parachute fail.

We're trying to catch up to the British. (Beagle?) ;-)
But at least WE have video.
It was really spectacular footage--thought I doubt they'll be playing it
much on NASA-TV History/Video files.

Is the video crash replay online anywhere? I did a quick look-around and
didn't find it.
Old September 8th 04, 06:57 PM
Robin R. Wier

Old September 8th 04, 09:39 PM
Wfoley2

Does Manuel Joseph Din agree that
Daniel Joseph Min is a crock of crap??
Clear, Dark, Steady Skies!
(And considerate neighbors!!!)

Old September 8th 04, 09:40 PM
starman

TommyBoy wrote:

The genesis probe slammed into thte UTAH desert..watched the whole thing on
NASA TV.
A wobbling discus without a chute it hit at about 100 mph..wild!

Closer to 200-mph. They still have hope for recovering some of the solar
samples.