Double-A Is Back!

Old September 27th 14, 12:03 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Double-A Is Back!

Partly cloudy and 73F here in Tigard as of 4:00 PM.

Double-A

Old September 27th 14, 10:26 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Some sunlight through clouds and 67F here in Tigard as of 2:00 PM PDT.

Ate Swiss cheese and baloney sandwiches last night, food bought at Walgreens.

On a corner on the way to the store, on a clear day there is a beautiful view of snow capped Mt. Hood. How many of you have beautiful snow capped mountains as scenery?

http://www.vagabondsummer.com/hiking-around-mt-hood/

You can actually hike on a trail all the way around the mountain. I remember a couple of guys I used to work with went up one Saturday and actually did that.

Double-A

Old September 28th 14, 08:44 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Sunny and 70F here in Tigard as of 12:45 PM.

Well, the Oregon Beavers got stuffed by USC last night. So much for dreams of Beaver glory.

Double-A

Old September 30th 14, 12:21 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Light rain and 61F here in Tigard as of 4:00 PM PDT.

Double-A

Old October 2nd 14, 01:57 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Partly sunny and 67F here in Tigard as of 5:45 PM PDT.

Unbeknownst to me, AT&T (those screw ups) reset my cell phone time to standard time a month early this morning! Since I depend on that for my time, I was late for my luncheon with Kim today! I guess I need to get watch since AT&T can't be trusted.

Double-A

Old October 2nd 14, 11:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Sunny and 70F here at the Cedar Mills Library today as of 3:30 PM PDT.

The have just about finished the construction work at the Sunset Transit Center and so my trip out here went smoothly. It's a beautiful fall day!

Double-A

Old October 3rd 14, 10:23 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Sunny and 79F Here in Tigard as of 2:15 PM PDT. A beautiful day! Indian summer is here.

Got my locker rent paid for another month yesterday. Looks like the condo I had my eye on that was a bank repossession has been taken. Not many great deals like that around.

Double-A

Old October 4th 14, 12:18 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Arc Michael

On Friday, September 12, 2014 5:02:57 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Sunny and 86F here in Tigard as of 4:45 PM. Slight dry east wind. Yesterday it was very windy with gusts up to 40 mph out of the gorge! Makes fire a hazard.

Another hazard is the coronal mass ejections from the Sun this week. We are due to be it by the strongest of these today or tomorrow! The potential for damage to our electrical grid system is enormous! Stock up on candles and batteries everyone! In a prolonged outage, the electric gas pumps won't even work, so you might want to consider getting a horse!

http://www.weather.com/news/science/...earth-20140912

Yesterday I went up to OHSU, known locally as the hospital up on the hill.. duplex ultrasound with doppler scan to see how well the blood is flowing through my legs. The doctor said I have "good anatomy". My circulation was confirmed to be good.

Double-A

way above average in Los Angeles. 107 inland valleys and 99-103 downtown. Very hot, super stingy sunlight.
be hit directly by a M5 filament frag launch a few days ago.
Old October 4th 14, 08:34 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Sunny and 73F here in Tigard as of 12:30 PM on another beautiful Indian summer day. Expected high again 82F.

I see the Ducks lost to Arizona. I didn't even know they were playing Thursday. So much for dreams of the championship.

Double-A
Old October 5th 14, 10:31 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

The beautiful weather continues! Sunny and 81F here in Tigard as of 2:00 PM PDT.

Hey! The Beavers beat Colorado!

I have been doing a little research on the rural community I grew up in. There is an old abandoned road that climbs from the town of Latourell down by the Columbia River up a steep incline to the ridge above Crown Point (where I used to live). Before the highway was built in 1913, it was the road local people used. Before they built their own school, the people in the village of Latourell had to send their kids up this road to the Mountain Grade School up on the ridge. I walked the length of this old road when I was young. It had been blocked off to vehicle traffic for years. Back in the old days it was probably a wagon road. Then I saw that a year ago the local telephone company applied for a permit to lay a fiber cable down this Latourell Road to provide high speed access to the people in the village below. There are only about five occupied houses there now, but 100 years ago it was a bustling town and early important trade center. People from Portland would come out by train to picnic in their park, and enjoy dancing in their dance hall where even the founder of the town, Joseph Latourell would play his fiddle. I am glad the old Latourell Road is once again serving a useful purpose. Oh, and there is a beautiful nearby water falls!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latourell_Falls

Double-A