Nagler 11mm t6 VS 12mm t4

Old September 11th 04, 04:56 PM
Francesco Verardi

Default Nagler 11mm t6 VS 12mm t4

Which eyepiece is better, considering that it will be used on a C9.25"
and tha I also own a 16mm t5?

Best regards

Francesco Verardi
http://digilander.libero.it/francesco.verardi/
Old September 11th 04, 05:16 PM
Lawrence Sayre

Francesco Verardi wrote:
Which eyepiece is better, considering that it will be used on a C9.25"
and tha I also own a 16mm t5?

Best regards

Francesco Verardi
http://digilander.libero.it/francesco.verardi/

The fact that the 11mm Nagler Type 6 is parafocal with the 16mm Type 5,
and the convienience of not having to put in / pull out a 2" to 1.25"
adapter, would lead me straight to the 11mm Nagler.

Lawrence Sayre
--
My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as
a moral being, with his own happiness as the moral

Ayn Rand (in the appendix to 'Atlas Shrugged')

Old September 11th 04, 06:46 PM
Mike Fitterman

The 12mm T4 has both a 1 1/4" and 2" ring on it so it can be used in either
capacity.

The 12mm T4 has quickly become my favorite eyepiece from televue. I've
tried the T6's and for size and convienence they are very nice, but they
tend to have a yellow hue on brighter objects. The T4's don't exhibit this
behavior. I have both the 12 and the 17 t4's and they are the best wide
field eyepieces I've ever owned.

Mike.

Old September 12th 04, 10:45 AM
Francesco Verardi

Thanks for both answers, I'm leaning to the 11mm t6 (it costs less 400 € vs 500 €).

Best regards
Old September 12th 04, 04:35 PM
Steve Maddison

I'm also investigating getting hold of a Nagler or two, but the prices
here in Europe are (as with most things in this hobby) bordering on
extortion in comparison to those in the US. For example, the two you're
thinking of are available for $240 and $300.

There is of course duty (I think 6.7% for optical equipment) and VAT
(19% here) to pay on top of that, but with the Euro so strong at the
moment there are still potentially significant savings to be had.

All I'm wondering about is whether TeleVue restrict sales to local
dealerships, which would make such imports difficult, if not impossible.
Does anyone know if this is the case?

--Steve

Old September 12th 04, 09:57 PM
Francesco Verardi

Steve Maddison wrote:
I'm also investigating getting hold of a Nagler or two, but the prices
here in Europe are (as with most things in this hobby) bordering on
extortion in comparison to those in the US. For example, the two you're
thinking of are available for $240 and $300.

IMHO even at those prices these are the best EP I've found.

Old September 13th 04, 01:04 PM
Geoff

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 17:35:39 +0200, Steve Maddison
wrote:

I'm also investigating getting hold of a Nagler or two, but the prices
here in Europe are (as with most things in this hobby) bordering on
extortion in comparison to those in the US.

The Americans dont know how good they have got it !
One alternative is to buy secondhand via astromart, but then the
challenge is to actually find a seller who is willing to ship
internationally.

Geoff