TheSky+Mac

Old September 11th 04, 07:29 PM
Wfoley2

That would make it as safe as a Mac.

No, it would be safer. Macs are not safe any more. And the difference between
a PC and a Mac is more like the difference between a Crown Victoria and a
Lincoln, except the price is much more exorbitant compared to the PC.
Clear, Dark, Steady Skies!
(And considerate neighbors!!!)

Old September 12th 04, 01:26 AM
Bill M

"Wfoley2" wrote in message

That would make it as safe as a Mac.

No, it would be safer. Macs are not safe any more. And the
difference between a PC and a Mac is more like the difference
between a Crown Victoria and a Lincoln, except the price is
much more exorbitant compared to the PC.

Bill, it's no good arguing with a Questar owner. It is already too late
for Davoud. He will burn in hell.

Old September 12th 04, 04:20 AM
Davoud

Bill M:
Bill, it's no good arguing with a Questar owner. It is already too late
for Davoud. He will burn in hell.

*****

Perhaps, but at least I'll have a *beautiful* view of Heaven!

As for Wfoley2, he should save his pontificating for subjects he knows.
He knows zip about the Mac OS, and every time he opens his mouth about
the Mac it shows!

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
Old September 12th 04, 05:26 AM
deluxe

I.J Jordan wrote:

.Is there a way to save the window layout so it
opens the same way each time you run the application without having to open
the same windows each time?

Hi Ian,

I haven't been able to discover a way.

I have come to see that in the Unix world, they don't shut down their
computers very often, and they leave all their apps up and running
constantly. Of course, this means their windows are always where they
left them last week, but only because they don't quit applications, they
just leave them running in the background.

I run XEphem on a laptop, so I turn it off when I'm not using it, I also
find the repositioning of the windows a bit of a drag. I'm not sure if
I'm missing something, but I've been through most of the menus and can't
find anything.

Now if we were UNIX masters, we would probably be able to go into a line
of code somewhere and fix it, but I'm not such a master, so I have to
re-position the windows each time.

There's an XEphem Yahoo group, I'll post there and ask, I'll report back
here if there's anything positive on the topic.