Mercury & Venus pic at dusk

Old December 17th 03, 06:44 PM
Maurice Gavin

Default Mercury & Venus pic at dusk

I've posted a shot of planets Mercury and Venus in this evening's dusk
sky at http://home.freeuk.com/m.gavin/conjunct.htm

Enjoy
Maurice Gavin@WPO-UK
Old December 19th 03, 11:05 AM
Abdul Ahad

I've posted a shot of planets Mercury and Venus in this evening's dusk
sky at http://home.freeuk.com/m.gavin/conjunct.htm

Enjoy
Maurice Gavin@WPO-UK

Some quality photos there, very close to how the naked eye sees the
twilight sky, with bright planets and moon, etc.
I also found your spectroscopic observations interesting, didn't
appreciate that amateur level instruments could acquire so much
detail.

Just one bit of suggestion if I may say so: on your page
http://home.freeuk.com/m.gavin/gensp25.htm the charts are clearly
very technically mapped out showing the light curves, etc. for some
stars in Triangulum and Taurus. What I would have found even more
useful on this page is if there were one or two lines of commentary in
*words* describing the observations and interpretation. E.g. something
like "...shows strong metal lines ... the implication is this star has
X% heavy elemental content...implying it may be about to move position
on the H-R diagram...", etc.

Its all very interesting stuff, but it may not spell out the full
message to less experienced people.

cheers
Abdul
Old December 19th 03, 11:59 AM
Kevin Smith

Nicely done as ever Maurice,

Kevin

Kevin Smith FRAS, AIS, FRPS
Sirius Observatories UK
www.siriusobservatoriesuk.com
Sirius Observatory Domes & RCOS - Ritchey Chretien OTA's
DayStar Filters, Lille coronagraphs, and other high end solar accessories.
www.kevsmith.com

om...

Old December 19th 03, 11:59 AM
Maurice Gavin

On 19 Dec 2003 03:05:23 -0800, (Abdul Ahad)
wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the suggestion. I try to provide an explanation but don't
necessarily repeat it for every observation. I just hope for more
involvement by amateurs - there's no substitute for hands-on
experienceg.