"The Truth behind the Moon Landings"

Old October 25th 03, 11:15 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

Default "The Truth behind the Moon Landings"

Just thought I'd warn everyone - according to Radio Times, "a
documentary on Five, The Truth behind the Moon Landings [their capitals]
will look at how they could have been faked".
I thought Five was supposed to be going up-market, but judging by their
recently showing a film in the wrong aspect ratio, that was as true as
this programme :-)
--
"It is written in mathematical language"
Old October 26th 03, 10:21 AM
plutonic

Jonathan Silverlight wrote:

Just thought I'd warn everyone - according to Radio Times, "a
documentary on Five, The Truth behind the Moon Landings [their capitals]
will look at how they could have been faked".
I thought Five was supposed to be going up-market, but judging by their
recently showing a film in the wrong aspect ratio, that was as true as
this programme :-)

I'm so tempted to give this one a miss - but it takes all sorts to make
the world - so I'll force myself to watch and cringe.
Incidentally - and a bit off-topic - what was everyone doing when the
men were walking on the moon? I ask because I think it's not so much
that Ch5 is going down-market - I think it's a generational thing. I was
a teenager and the mood of the times was to accept everything without
question and with wonderment - thankfully I haven't lost a lot of that
wonderment factor - but the new generation just don't get it imho.

Kay
Old October 26th 03, 11:59 AM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , plutonic
writes
Jonathan Silverlight wrote:

Just thought I'd warn everyone - according to Radio Times, "a
documentary on Five, The Truth behind the Moon Landings [their capitals]
will look at how they could have been faked".
I thought Five was supposed to be going up-market, but judging by their
recently showing a film in the wrong aspect ratio, that was as true as
this programme :-)

I'm so tempted to give this one a miss - but it takes all sorts to make
the world - so I'll force myself to watch and cringe.
Incidentally - and a bit off-topic - what was everyone doing when the
men were walking on the moon?

I was a teenager watching every minute of it, and I have fond memories
of watching Apollo 12 actually going to the Moon.
A few weeks ago I found a map my brother and I made showing Apollo 13's
journey.
Star Trek on its first run in the UK; "2001: A Space Odyssey" in the
cinema - and Concorde not yet in service :-) Times have changed indeed.
--
"It is written in mathematical language"
Old October 26th 03, 04:59 PM
Martin

"plutonic" wrote in message
t...
[...]

A lot has to do with the rather sneering anti American attitude the media
has in general which they think is really kool for the young uns. It will
be the same bunch of discredited loonies that have had airtime before (far
too much airtime)

I think our media is populated by the greatest dickhead minds in the world.
Remember that bunch of loonies that claimed to have cloned a kid? No proof
but the media lapped it up. If the ****s that run the media bothered to
actually listen to the people who know for one minute we would have less of
this crap pumped out. But I guess a degree in media studies from Stockport
University doesn't equip the media luvvies for anything useful (rant now
ends)

Martin

Old October 26th 03, 07:16 PM
Elysium Fossa

When is it on? I couldnt see it in the schedules.

Old October 26th 03, 07:29 PM
plutonic

Martin wrote:

"plutonic" wrote in message
t...
[...]

I tend to agree - the only channels I find comfortable with are
Discovery and the History channel. It seems reportage is based on
nothing more than debunking - nobody can be bothered to do the research
themselves and so take the 'idiot box' portraying 'The Truth about...'
as gospel. Ah well - it's good to have a rant.

Kay
Old October 27th 03, 12:16 AM
John Honan

"plutonic" wrote in message
t...
I'm so tempted to give this one a miss - but it takes all sorts to make
the world - so I'll force myself to watch and cringe.
Incidentally - and a bit off-topic - what was everyone doing when the
men were walking on the moon?

I was exactly 3 months old, so I was probably asleep.

:-)